Lunch & activities after elopement ceremony??

LtStarbuck1030

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

Apologies for what I am sure is likely a question that has been asked an answered. I'm struggling a bit with the search function as all the results I've been getting are from like... 2015 :)

The upfront question: Where can I do a lovely lunch for 6 (DF, myself, four children ages 1 - 13). We want something nicer, preferably at one of the resorts if that's possible. I am NOT doing a Wishes ceremony. Details below:

Timeline: Early September
Hotel Info: Family Suite at All Star Music
Ceremony: Tuesday morning at 10:30 am at the Maitland Arts Center (about 40 minutes from WDW). Ceremony will wrap up by 11:30, so we'll be back to WDW by 12:15 or so and will have use of our limo until 2:30.

We would like something more upscale but still kid friendly. I haven't been to WDW in about 6 years, so hit me with your recommendations!

Also - any cute ideas for what we should do that afternoon? We thought about going back to the suite and changing then going to a park? Or is there some hidden gem idea that would be more special?

Thanks a bunch!

I would look into the Grand Floridian Cafe, gorgeous resort, nice restaurant, good food and nice ambiance. You could do some pictures around the hotel as well. I don't have any ideas for anything unusual for the afternoon, you could absolutely go to a park and if you have a white sort dress could even get some evening pictures in Epcot or MK (or any park for that matter)

I would look into the Grand Floridian Cafe, gorgeous resort, nice restaurant, good food and nice ambiance. You could do some pictures around the hotel as well. I don't have any ideas for anything unusual for the afternoon, you could absolutely go to a park and if you have a white sort dress could even get some evening pictures in Epcot or MK (or any park for that matter)

Oh! Great idea! I LOVE the GF! It’s my favorite resort🥰.

I wasn’t sure if I’d be allowed to do pictures since I’m not going through Disney for the wedding. But it might be worth it to pay a little extra for the photographer to come back with us if it’s allowed.

Epcot could be a fun choice and maybe more low key if we did the world showcase. I love the idea of a casual white dress for the afternoon too 😍.

Yes, anyone can do bridal portraits at the Disney resorts. The only potentially sticky situation is if there is another bride who wants to use the grand staircase at the Grand Floridian. Sometimes overzealous CMs come running up and tell you that you can't shoot there. But there's no official prohibition, so as long as you're respectful of other groups, you should be OK.

Hello all!

Apologies for what I am sure is likely a question that has been asked an answered. I'm struggling a bit with the search function as all the results I've been getting are from like... 2015 :)

The upfront question: Where can I do a lovely lunch for 6 (DF, myself, four children ages 1 - 13). We want something nicer, preferably at one of the resorts if that's possible. I am NOT doing a Wishes ceremony. Details below:

Timeline: Early September
Hotel Info: Family Suite at All Star Music
Ceremony: Tuesday morning at 10:30 am at the Maitland Arts Center (about 40 minutes from WDW). Ceremony will wrap up by 11:30, so we'll be back to WDW by 12:15 or so and will have use of our limo until 2:30.

We would like something more upscale but still kid friendly. I haven't been to WDW in about 6 years, so hit me with your recommendations!

Also - any cute ideas for what we should do that afternoon? We thought about going back to the suite and changing then going to a park? Or is there some hidden gem idea that would be more special?

Thanks a bunch!

DH and I went to Disney Springs and rode Characters in Flight in our wedding attire. We didn’t have our photographer with us at that point, but we did get some cute pictures.

Another vote for Grand Floridian Cafe - it's just so romantic and great for pictures. This was one of the best meals from our honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!