Machine Embroidery Design needed

sometimes the Yahoo! embroidery groups are helpful, aside from digitizing it yourself...:)

cryssi said:
sometimes the Yahoo! embroidery groups are helpful, aside from digitizing it yourself...:)

Thank you, I will check the groups. I wish I could digitize, then I wouldn't have a problem. I have looked all over the net and figured Brother would have made a card at some point w/ Steamboat Willie in it. Oh well, I'll just keep looking.
Thank you again.

I think you also had another post about emb. designs?
I found a card on E-bay that had Steamboat Willie on it. It also had Fantasia Mickey, The Tailor, and a few other historical designs... As stated in my other post I am NOT SURE they are authorized by Disney.. And I would email the sale er of the card to check if the design you want is on the card. They do offer it in all formats.

I have used my machine to make Mickey "heads" using round floral designs in 2 sizes, in the traditional one large and 2 small for the ears...
I know this is not what you want...

Another idea I have done is to paint the design on a shirt/ fabric using fabric markers you can get at a craft store. I take the design and photocopy it in the size I want then tape it to a bright window/light box. I trace the design on the fabric/shirt using either a fabric marker, which is permant or a pencile, or something that will wash out. Then I use Reynolds Freezer Paper that is you can get at WalMart/grocery store, and iron it to the back of the fabric/shirt. This paper has white paper on one side and a plastic/wax side, which is the side that should go against the wrong side of the fabric/shirt.
Then I use the markers to color in the design. Or I use fabric paint. And then I have used my sewing machine to add free hand embrodiery . If you arn't sure how to do that you can Google it.. .It is thread painting by machine, and you need to drop your feed dogs and just doodle with the machine... using thread to add detail.

Sorry this is so long! Hope this helps you some!

I found it. I had lost the design book to my machine and hadn't used the desings on my machine past page 4 of the Mickey designs.

So I had the desing the entire time on my machine. :blush:
I am not always a smart person.:guilty:
I just never looked past what I use.
Next time I need a design I will check ALL of the designs on my machine first.:blush:

idofabric said:
I think you also had another post about emb. designs?
I found a card on E-bay that had Steamboat Willie on it. It also had Fantasia Mickey, The Tailor, and a few other historical designs... As stated in my other post I am NOT SURE they are authorized by Disney.. And I would email the sale er of the card to check if the design you want is on the card. They do offer it in all formats.

I have used my machine to make Mickey "heads" using round floral designs in 2 sizes, in the traditional one large and 2 small for the ears...
I know this is not what you want...

Another idea I have done is to paint the design on a shirt/ fabric using fabric markers you can get at a craft store. I take the design and photocopy it in the size I want then tape it to a bright window/light box. I trace the design on the fabric/shirt using either a fabric marker, which is permant or a pencile, or something that will wash out. Then I use Reynolds Freezer Paper that is you can get at WalMart/grocery store, and iron it to the back of the fabric/shirt. This paper has white paper on one side and a plastic/wax side, which is the side that should go against the wrong side of the fabric/shirt.
Then I use the markers to color in the design. Or I use fabric paint. And then I have used my sewing machine to add free hand embrodiery . If you arn't sure how to do that you can Google it.. .It is thread painting by machine, and you need to drop your feed dogs and just doodle with the machine... using thread to add detail.

Sorry this is so long! Hope this helps you some!

You have some great Ideas!
I will need to try this.
Thank you.

kc10family said:
I found it. I had lost the design book to my machine and hadn't used the desings on my machine past page 4 of the Mickey designs.

So I had the desing the entire time on my machine. :blush:
I am not always a smart person.:guilty:
I just never looked past what I use.
Next time I need a design I will check ALL of the designs on my machine first.:blush:

glad you found it!

Oh, good, KC10fam.... I fell asleep trying to think of a way to get the designs that I (might.. ;) )have of Disney stuff and change it to your machines format....
I use the Hus. format. And I think you have a Brother machine? if so I think, but am totally not sure, that I can use my software to convert the designs to your format...

But you will need someway to make it so that your machine can read it and stitch out the designs....

Not sure if we can do this. And it would be a week or so, as I think I am going down to DWD this weekend so my DSIL won't have to go down alone...
Oh the hardships we endure for family!

So if you want to try this let me know.
To bad DTD doesn't sell any disks of designs for all the machines! They have everything else. I got a lot of designs free from a friend that loves Disney and did them for her self. She isn't selling them, so I don't think this is illegal?.....

froufroubyheathersue.com has the best Disney embroidery designs. Fill, applique, all sizes and formats. Sews out well. Most designs are less than $4

I usually purchase embroidery designs from OPW Mall. They have a great collection of designs and offer huge discounts to its customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter