Made a dumb runDisney registration mistake

ced140

EPCOT is my dream home.
I go by my middle name and rarely ever register for anything with my first name. Go figure: I made a mistake with my names that I’m concerned will affect my proof of time/corral placement.

For the half marathon I’m using to verify my time, I signed up using my middle name. For Tinker Bell, I signed up using my first name. (Same last name, at least!)

How accommodating do you think Disney will be with verifying my time? Has anyone ever had this problem and had it easily resolved? Maybe even someone who used a maiden, then married name? Any proactive steps I should take before attempting to submit my time?

Obviously, I would be able to send any documents they’d need to verify my legal names. But I’m not sure if they get way too many emails, calls, etc. to be helpful in this situation.

I go by my middle name and rarely ever register for anything with my first name. Go figure: I made a mistake with my names that I’m concerned will affect my proof of time/corral placement.

For the half marathon I’m using to verify my time, I signed up using my middle name. For Tinker Bell, I signed up using my first name. (Same last name, at least!)

How accommodating do you think Disney will be with verifying my time? Has anyone ever had this problem and had it easily resolved? Maybe even someone who used a maiden, then married name? Any proactive steps I should take before attempting to submit my time?

Obviously, I would be able to send any documents they’d need to verify my legal names. But I’m not sure if they get way too many emails, calls, etc. to be helpful in this situation.

If the proof of time link is still live screen cap what you submitted and screen cap your active account or whatever account it is the proof of time is on showing it is your time. If you end up in the wrong corral take all that proof to runner relations.

Last edited:
If the proof of time link is still live screen cap what you submitted and screen cap your active account or whatever account it is the proof of time is on showing it is your time. If you end up in the wring corral take all that proof to runner relations.
Thanks for the runner relations tip! Hopefully they will help event weekend, if nothing else.

It's a simple phone call and they will take your information, and in like two weeks you'll get a call/email back that they've fixed it.

I registered my first RD race under my married name (the name that's on my CC), but my ID is in my maiden name. For my POT race, I was registered in my maiden name because ... Hell, I don't remember why, probably because they told us that the name needed to correspond with ID.

I told rD the problem and they fixed it. And now, I just register under all three names "First Maiden Married" and I haven't had a problem. That's how I was registered for W&D. They accepted my PoT, I was able to pick everything up no problem.

As long as you have the CC number, a birthdate that matches and either a similar first name (like my dumb name) or a matching last name, they'll happily make the change.

I'd second what Arial said. Email them ahead of time and try calling them. I think the sooner you can do it the better. While you can bring print outs to the expo, Disney has made a very big deal about no corral changes at that point. I've gotten corral changes in the past (2012 or 2013 I think ) and it was no big deal then, however that was before they implemented the stricter policy's about corral changes and packet pickup.

Thanks for the runner relations tip! Hopefully they will help event weekend, if nothing else.

You need all the screenshots or the basically say sorry sucks to be you. Make sure there is a time/date on it as well so get your toolbar in the screencap.

Also, I would contact them sooner rather than later. Like - this week. This slow time before the holidays is perfect, because once we hit Marathon weekend, we go straight into Castaway Cay, then Star Wars, then Princess and then they're busy with the next wave of registrations.

Also, I would contact them sooner rather than later. Like - this week. This slow time before the holidays is perfect, because once we hit Marathon weekend, we go straight into Castaway Cay, then Star Wars, then Princess and then they're busy with the next wave of registrations.
Very good point! It's good to hear they actually respond to things :-)

I agree with the above, call or email ASAP.

Just to put your mind at ease though, I did a similar thing two years ago. I have a first name with a nickname that is not obvious, but also not totally unrelated. Think Betty for Elizabeth. I registered for GSC in 2014 with the nickname knowing my name would be on my bib and I dislike my full name. For reasons I don't recall I registered for my POT race with my full name. I quickly realized my error, emailed them and it was noted and no issue. I was placed in the correct corral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter