Made an Offer--how long should we expect to wait?

MickeyReeds

Mouseketeer
Made an offer on a BLT resale contract with Fidelity. Received a confirmation email right away (an automated response I'm sure). Haven't heard anything else from them yet, it's only been a couple of days. Wondering how long it typically takes to get a response. Now that we decided to move forward, I'm so anxious!! Thanks!

There's really no way to predict. My advice is to call Fidelity if the contract is one you really want. Another option is to email and tell them the offer is only good until (and insert a date & time).

Sometimes, a slow response means the contract is already sold (especially if you found the contract on their website) and the broker isn't very good about letting you know - thus, the advice to call.

If you make future offers, consider adding a time frame on them so that you can move on if the seller & broker are motivated to respond quickly. (If course if you find the perfect contract and really want it, sometimes you have to be willing to wait). :(

Good luck - hope you hear soon. I know it's hard to wait!

Fidelity contracts move fast. I've always called at 9am on the dot (and 2-3 x have found that the contract was already gone, or had a full price offer). I would give them a call, but if it's been a few days and you haven't heard back, the contract has already been sold.

Good to know that maybe they don't keep their website up to date! I will have DH call! Thanks!

It really depends on how long it take the seller to follow up and agree to the sale. Sometimes they just hold off to see if a better offer comes in. Good luck.

It wasn't with Fidelity, but I thought I'd share my recent experience anyway. I put in a low ball offer on an Aulani contract on a Thursday evening, curious to see what they'd counter at. Even though it was 11pm Eastern Time, the broker e-mailed back to say she'd be in touch. I didn't care too much about whether I got the contract, but was still a tiny bit antsy when it got to Sunday night, having an offer for thousands of dollars hanging out there. Monday morning I got an e-mail from the broker saying she wanted to make sure she wanted to confirm with the sellers that they had banked their points. I figured she'd use that to pump up the counter offer. An hour later she e-mailed to say the sellers had accepted my low ball offer! I was a bit stunned, but luckily @TexasChick123 had just setup her accepted low ball offer support group. I know it's easier said than done but try not to get too antsy about having an offer out there. There's a lot of stories out there on this board and others about people that had offers accepted after they literally had forgotten about them. Good luck!

Fidelity is the worst. They wont return your call if you were too late or outbid; you have to call them to find out. You will hear, "oh I have a note here and I was about to call you"... yeah right.

haha that was like when I got my deposit check in the mail from the title company. I emailed my broker at Fidelity to confirm my contract had been taken. No response. I kept calling and eventually got my broker. She said she just got a stack of papers from Disney on her desk and fished out mine :P

Made an offer on a BLT resale contract with Fidelity. Received a confirmation email right away (an automated response I'm sure). Haven't heard anything else from them yet, it's only been a couple of days. Wondering how long it typically takes to get a response. Now that we decided to move forward, I'm so anxious!! Thanks!

I’ve bid on three contacts with Fidelity in the past two months, two contacts accepted my offer.
The first time, I called to follow up my online bid in 24 hours and my offer hadn’t been presented yet. I did get that contact but it was taken in a ROFR.

The second time, no one responded to me for three days and when they did, it was only to tell me the contact was already in closing though I watched and it appeared available on their web page for several more days.

The third time, I just directly contacted the broker and heard back in minutes that my offer was accepted.

I would call but with Fidelity, my feeling is that if it’s been a couple days, that contact is gone.

Thanks all for the advice! My dh called and we have an accepted contract!! Of course, the agent said, that he was on her list to call! Fingers cross that it passes ROFR! Thanks!
Was the agent you spoke to a man? From what I knew last, both DVC reps at Fidelity are women. Curious

Congrats on the contract being accepted. Good luck with ROFR. All you can do now is wait and hope. If your offer was comparable with most of the others that passed, you should be OK. Of course some really low offers have also passed that nobody understands. Hopefully you hear back after it passes. Our second contract, the first we knew it had passed was when they sent us the closing papers at 2 weeks. Hope you are as lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!