Magic Bands - Need help

Sun Lover

Mouseketeer
We have an upcoming stay booked at the Dolphin. They said we wouldn't get complimentary Magic Bands but that we could buy them at the hotel. Someone had told me that if we get them through the Dolphin, we can't use them to purchase food and/or gifts at the parks or as our room key because that hotel is not technically on Disney property. If that is true, would it even be worth it to get the Magic Bands?

You can charge back to your room from locations within the Swan/Dolphin complex, but not from locations outside of the resort.

As for MagicBands, they can be used to enter a park and FP+ queues.

Room charging at Wdw is only for those booked onsite at Disney resorts. It’s not charging to the band, but to the room. So it’s correct that you can’t do a room charge at the parks.

If that is true, would it even be worth it to get the Magic Bands?

I never feel the bands are worth it. :)

If you have/buy them then you use them (instead of your ticket card) as your admission (link tickets to My Disney experience) and for FP+s. And if you have memory maker it’ll automatically grab the pictures.

Room charging at Wdw is only for those booked onsite at Disney resorts. It’s not charging to the band, but to the room. So it’s correct that you can’t do a room charge at the parks.

I never feel the bands are worth it. :)

If you have/buy them then you use them (instead of your ticket card) as your admission (link tickets to My Disney experience) and for FP+s. And if you have memory maker it’ll automatically grab the pictures.

Thank you!

I really don't like the feel of something on my wrist all of the time, but i really like having Magic Bands for at least park entry and FP+ queues...no fumbling around for tickets. And my son is notorious for losing lanyards with his ticket in it, so magic bands are the way to go for him!

I love MBs, even when staying offsite or Swan/Dolphin. No fumbling, especially since I try to do multiple extra FP in a day, so never having to look for my tickets, etc. in my pocket. And fewer things in my pocket!

If I didn't already have one, I probably wouldn't buy one. You have to carry your room key with you any way so why not a plastic ticket as well. I have a number of them from years of going and from having an AP so it isn't an issue for me. Even when we are staying in a Disney resort we don't charge to our MB, I carry a cc with me.

So if I have myself and 3 other people linked on our FP reservations, do we still have to each put our admission card in the machine to get the FPs or can we insert just one card?

So if I have myself and 3 other people linked on our FP reservations, do we still have to each put our admission card in the machine to get the FPs or can we insert just one card?

You should be able to access everyone’s FP reservations with any one card on that account.

I’m staying off site and ordered a MagicBand. Last time I was nervous constantly about losing my ticket (I’m notorious for losing things like movie tickets in the 5 steps from the ticket counter to the entrance!). Seems worth $13 to me but I probably wouldn’t bother if I had to buy them for a bigger family.

I'm confused by this -- you know you don't use a machine to get FP now, right? It's all in the app.

If you mean you can visit a kiosk in the park instead of just using the app, then yes, you only need to scan one ticket for the group, to be able to access everyone's profile to book FP or modify the ones you have.

You will each need to scan your own card when you enter a FP line to use your FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!