Magic Bands

JGINPL

Mouseketeer
Hello quick question for the group. In the past during Disneyworld stays we received magic bands as part of that. Does that apply when staying at Aulani as well? Do people get free magic bands still or did that go away, I cannot remember?
Thanks,

Aulani has never issued Magic Bands, but there are (mixed) reports of people who have successfully used their WDW bands at Aulani.

Ours worked.

According to the staff that checked us in... they (Aulani) currently don't have the equipment to program/activate the Magic Bands. If they have been previously activated, then they should (theoretically) work. I checked ours before our trip and all the bands were still active from our previous WDW resort stay last year.

Note some folks didn't have the same luck, so YMMV.
Here's the thread with other folks with their Magic Band experience.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-at-aulani-now…a-few-observations.3848345/

We brought our for our May/June trip and it did not work. So it very much is hit or miss.

We brought our for our May/June trip and it did not work. So it very much is hit or miss.
I can understand the frustration.

Guess we’re one of the lucky ones.
We use ‘em to open room doors, get wristbands/towels, and even pay.

Wondering if the apple watch will work as well.

Wondering if the apple watch will work as well.

It’s NFC technology, so yeah…most definitely!
But the question is will Disney allow it?
There’s so much invested on their Magic Bands (e.g. merchandise, back-end infrastructure) that I don’t think they’ll do it. At least not anytime soon.

There’s so much invested on their Magic Bands (e.g. merchandise, back-end infrastructure) that I don’t think they’ll do it. At least not anytime soon.

Can't you already use an Apple watch at WDW instead of the phone app? I thought I saw someone using the watch to tap into the MK. They didn't have a magic band on, just the watch.

I wonder if they can even tell the difference. Its just a "key" to your account. If a MB works, then an Apple Watch should work too as long as it had been set up in the MDE app.
Can't you already use an Apple watch at WDW instead of the phone app?
Yes you can. We are local and I do this all the time.

Can't you already use an Apple watch at WDW instead of the phone app? I thought I saw someone using the watch to tap into the MK. They didn't have a magic band on, just the watch.

That's good to know. I didn't realize that was an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter