Magic bands

lynnmckee123

Earning My Ears
Hi I have 5 unused magic bands. These are from a trip that was scheduled and rescheduled 4 times during covid and ended up never happening. It was canceled and completely refunded by Disney can I sell or gift these bands? They are literally still in the package that I ordered them from. They are the yoda ones.

Are they attached to your MDE account? If so then no since Magicbands cannot be transferred to another account. Once they are linked to a MDE account, they cannot be unlinked or given to someone else.

I am not sure what you mean they were never used.. Yes they were linked to an account but then the whole trip was canceled

Depends on how you bought them. If you bought them with the prearrival resort discount, they come linked to the MDE account of the person they are for. And they will have the name of the person on the back (unless you choose not to put a name). Those can not be used by anyone else. Does not mater if you used them or not, they are linked. Save them for your next trip. They will still work for tapping into the parks after the battery dies.

If you bought them new from shopdisney, or at a store in the parks or Disney Springs, you have to use the code on the back to link it to an account. Those can be given to someone else since they are unlinked.

You can check you MDE account to see if the magicband is listed under your bands.

MDE is My Disney Experience -- it's the WDW app. It would be where you maybe bought tickets, made onsite hotel reservations, dining reservations, etc. And if any of your cancelled trips were since the re-opening, it's where you had to make theme park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter