Magic goes to Northern Europe Aug 13-20,2020!

Hello everyone! Just returned from our Alaska cruise and booked this Northern Europe cruise while on board! This will be my 8th DCL cruise but my first on the Magic. This is a “sister trip” for me and my two sisters. Looking forward to digging in to the planning part!

Tina

Hello and welcome to the cruise meet thread for the Disney Magic as we sail from Copenhagen round trip from August 13-20 2020!!

Travelling in my party will be myself, my husband, and our two daughters. Our eldest will turn 12 just 3 days before this cruise and our younger daughter will be 9 1/2. This will be our 9th cruise. We live just outside of Vancouver BC Canada :)
Hi! We’re so excited to have booked this cruise next summer! My oldest daughter will be almost 13 and my youngest daughter will be 10 and my son will be 7. Although we’ve been to WDW countless times we are really looking forward to our first Disney Cruise! We are from Virginia!

Hi all. We are DVC and have done member cruises and Alaska. St. Petersburg is a bucket list! We are deciding between this one and the 8 night. HELP!

Hi all. We are DVC and have done member cruises and Alaska. St. Petersburg is a bucket list! We are deciding between this one and the 8 night. HELP!
Hi We are DVC as well (doing the members cruise this October) and about to take our second cruise to Alaska!
For us it came down to this cruise and the 8 night as well and bottom line was cost. For us to do the 8 night, it would be an additional $1928US for the same room (we are CDN so add another $400+ to that total!). Plus excursions for another day. So yeah, for us that was going to be closer to $3,000Canadian, just for one more night! Not worth it for us, so we are just going to make the most of our one (long day) in St Petersburg!

Yeah I hear you...it would be about $1400 plus shore excursions for us. But I can't help but think it is the one time I will get to Russia, albeit not the heart, but the most beautiful old part. Hard to decided!

Hi

Myself, OH and DD, who will be 15 when we sail, are booked on this one. We have just got off a Royal Caribbean Cruise of New England out of NYC and jumped straight back to DCL!!

We are from the UK and this will be our 10th cruise with DCL, most of them on the Magic. We have done all the stops before, some more than once, but really wanted to go to St Petersburg again and sadly, the Greek Islands cruise, is out of our school holiday dates. We usually do longer cruises, so this will feel a bit short, so going to add a few days on at the start in Copenhagen.

Hello everyone!

My parents, sister and I booked this cruise on opening day for Silvers this spring. I finally convinced my cruise-skeptical BIL and other sister to join us (only took a couple beers in California Adventure - LOL). Luckily the price had only gone up about $300. None of us have ever been to this part of Europe, so we are very excited. Plan to spend several days before or after the cruise in Copenhagen, depending on work schedules :)

Hi

Myself, OH and DD, who will be 15 when we sail, are booked on this one. We have just got off a Royal Caribbean Cruise of New England out of NYC and jumped straight back to DCL!!

We are from the UK and this will be our 10th cruise with DCL, most of them on the Magic. We have done all the stops before, some more than once, but really wanted to go to St Petersburg again and sadly, the Greek Islands cruise, is out of our school holiday dates. We usually do longer cruises, so this will feel a bit short, so going to add a few days on at the start in Copenhagen.
Hello everyone!

My parents, sister and I booked this cruise on opening day for Silvers this spring. I finally convinced my cruise-skeptical BIL and other sister to join us (only took a couple beers in California Adventure - LOL). Luckily the price had only gone up about $300. None of us have ever been to this part of Europe, so we are very excited. Plan to spend several days before or after the cruise in Copenhagen, depending on work schedules :)

Welcome aboard everyone!!!

We had to cancel this cruise today :( hopefully rebooking for 2021. Have a great cruise everyone!

Booked this cruise yesterday, so excited! Will be me, DH, 11 year old son, 9 year old daughter. We also booked the ABD add-on.

Hi Everyone,
Our family of three....me, husband and our nine year old daughter will be joining you all on this cruise. Also with us will be our daughters best friend, who is also nine. We are from Denver, Colorado and this is our third Disney cruise!

Hi everyone we are still hoping to go - this will be my son's graduation gift, and a family trip. Fingers crossed that the sailing will still be happening!

Hi everyone, hope you have been staying safe and well.

As the PIF is looming next week, I wondered what thoughts were on the cruise still being on. I see the Magic has left for Europe and is apparently going to repatriate crew from all the other shops. I was wondering if they will wait it out and see if restrictions and conditions allow them to pick up the Northern Europe cruises. Would you still go?

We are in the UK and still under lockdown, that could change slightly tomorrow, who knows!

We are all anxiously awaiting news as well, about the August cruises. The uncertainty since Feb/March is wearing on everyone and the grandparents are campaigning to just cancel everything until the world gets back to normal - if that ever happens. I am still waiting for the PIF date later this week, to make a final decision. In Canada we cannot get refunds for flights so this is the hardest part for me - I am not sure we will ever see that $$ again. The high school grads are getting anxious about quarantine and missing the beginning of the university term in September if anything goes awry.

Reactions: K8T
We ended up cancelling two weeks ago before PIF. Lost our placeholder (extra bummer - was going to be our first time using one), but my parents weren't comfortable doing this cruise even if it does happen. Unfortunately next summer's prices are already ridiculous compared to what we were paying for 2020. I'm curious to see what happens in the next round of announcements from DCL!

Hi

We cancelled our cruise too. DCL just wouldn’t give us any information on what would happen if we were on lockdown again, or our flights (already booked) were cancelled and we had PIF. They also couldn’t give any information on how social distancing would be managed or if pools would be open Other cruise lines have things in place.
We couldn’t risk paying cancellation fees and also we would have to do 14 days quarantine on return, which affects work and school.

I found another social media page for this cruise and applied to join, as wanted to see what the concensus was, but haven’t been approved.

We lost our placeholder discount and OBC, but have booked next year 10 nights. I have to say, I’m not impressed with how DCL are handling this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!