Magic in the Med: Aug. 10-17 TONS OF PHOTOS!

Thank you so much for writing a detailed report. We are going on the sept 9th, 2017 Med cruise and hoping to DIY for the most part. I may though look up Ingrid's tour though as I would love to see the Village of Eze and also Monico though (my 16 yr old is into auto racing big time).

You are very welcome! Ingrid is great and will customize the tour for you. Better check her out soon as she's in high demand (also featured with Rick Steves). I highly recommend Can't Be Missed Tours also.

Let's try this again, I've written this first installment twice and in my jet-lagged stupor deleted it both times!

Here's the cast of characters:
From Waco, Texas:
JoAnn (me)
Paul (dh)
Stephanie (dd16)
Rachel (dd13)

From San Jose, California:
David (fil)
Norene (mil)
Brian (bil)

Tuesday, August 6
Our flight was scheduled for 5:45 p.m. out of Dallas Fort-Worth (DFW) and we live in Waco, about 2 hours south. Because I-35 is notoriously bad, we decided to leave extra early about 10 a.m., have lunch and mosey on over to the airport. In addition, there was a Homeland Security high-risk thing going on, so it seemed best to err on the side of caution.

No problems on I-35 but the metroplex was a hot mess of contruction and detours. The GPS was totally befuddled and we couldn't even find the exit to get some lunch. We decided we'd just go ahead and head to the airport.

Paul had already made an on-line reservation at the Parking Spot for off-site parking. theparkingspot.com We had not used this service before and we were very pleased with it. We were assigned a covered parking spot at $11.50 a day. Paul backed into it while the shuttle driver waited, we boarded and we were off.

DFW is a very nice airport. It's bright and airy. There are colorful mosaics on the floors and sculptures and other artwork. Free wifi and lots of USB ports and electrical connections. We checked in, got boarding passes, passed through security and had lunch at Au Bon Pain. Then settled in for the afternoon with our myriad of iPads, Galaxies and iPhones.

David, Norene and Brian arrived from their San Jose flight, and we were excited to be getting closer to time to board.

Except it wasn't.

The monitor said the flight was scheduled for 5:45 but now moved to 6:00. Then it creeped in 15 minute increments to 6:15, 6:30, 6:45...

Finally, the crew made an announcement that the plane was delayed because the ground air conditioning wasn't working and the cabin was too hot.

Wish your photos were available....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter