Magic Kingdom Demon Birds!

:( Yea, those guests probably never had one of those "bird encounters" O r maybe they belong to PETA.:cool:

The birds seem a lot worse than usual lately. When I was in the Magic Kingdom last month, there were tons of birds swooping around Frontierland while I waited for the afternoon parade to start. I saw a woman carrying several hot dogs, and one of the birds flew down and took about half of one of them.

Last year, my brother's friend had a hot dog taken from her in Tomorrowland. She was from Denmark, and it was the first time she ever had a hot dog, and had been looking forward to it. A cast member was at her side immediately with another hot dog.

I've never been a big fan of eating outdoors because of the bugs, but when I'm at the Magic Kingdom, I don't eat outdoors because of those birds.

Karen

Originally posted by kaabost
demon birds?????? More like smart hungry birds!!!!!! ...... I think the birds are cute.

No, definitely DEMON BIRDS! :mad:

My DH and kids STILL laugh at me whenever we see a stinkin' seagull! We were walking along the walkway by the lake after returning from Tom Sawyers Island and a *&#$*&#*$& seagull swooped down and ran SMACK into my head! :eek: I wasn't even carrying any food at the time (well, except for the brightly colored M & M's concealed in my backpack ;) )

They are ANYTHING but CUTE!

We find seagulls icky as well. They become very aggressive when people feed them. WE noticed a great many more this December in Frontierland. We were just about out of the mess of them when one pooped on my head. While that was gross enough, even worse is with that quantity of birds the chance of disease spreading is multiplied.

My daughter had her leg pooped on in the same trip at MGM by a little bird, however we didn't notice the overabundance of them like at MK.

The birds are smart alright, its the people feeding them that need some work.

OMG...I can't believe I totally forgot this story! On our last trip (last month) dh and dd#1 were riding BTMRR and dd#2 and I were waiting on a bench outside the ride (dd#2 is too short to ride). I had some cheese crackers in the backpack and dd#2 was hungry, so I gave her some. Decided I was a little hungry myself. We're sitting on the bench and here comes a bird...then another...then another..soon there are about 20 birds (some sort of black birds) around us. Then I'm holding a cracker, about to put it up to my mouth and this bird SWOOPS down and grabs it right out of my hand! I screamed, jumped up, got dd#2 and started walking away. All the birds were FOLLOWING us! It was pretty creepy!!

May I join this long list of "A Bird attacked us at WDW" thread?

My DS, 8, finally at WDW for the first time, I bought him a Mickey Ice cream bar. We then began walking through Frontierland and a bird swoops down and tries to grab the ice cream!
It scratched his arm when it came down, and he dropped the ice cream, of course. A wonderful CM named Carrie went and got him a new one.

Needless to say, we moved over to another area of the park for him to eat it.

Carrie said the birds are very smart and are usually on there for Christmas and Easter.

Good luck on your next Christmas or Easter vacation everyone....bring a pith helmet and gloves!!!

Lisajl

While in MGM, watch out as you walk under the little trees outside the shops along the main street. my DD got pooped on. she had on a black shirt and carried a white stain all day even after scrubbing it and washing it off in the ladies room.
Once we saw a gull swoop down on a man and started attacking him on the back of the neck and he DIDN'T HAVE ANY FOOD! it was pecking and flapping its wings wildly and all the man could do was try and fight it off. this happened in tommorowland. but one funny thing I saw was a gull flying with a churro. it looked like it was flying on a perch. also saw one holding a whole mickey bar by the stick flying around. I'll be sure to be on the look out for crazy birds when I'm there in 2 weeks (yippee!) Linda

Can't someone send a link to this thread to "the powers that be" at WDW. Think of the food cost in replacing all those hotdogs. Maybe that's why they cost so much...to make up for the "freebies". Ren =)

I read a post on here once that someone left their popcorn bucket on their stroller and the seagull had his entire head immersed into the popcorn. I think they stayed and warned them not to eat it. YUCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter