Magic Kingdom In The Rain Tomorrwow Morning?

bit413

Earning My Ears
it is supposed to rain tomorrow morning in Orlando. We had planned to do a few hours in MK, go back to OKW for naps, and then return for the evening and EMH from 10-12. I am considering just taking a lazy morning after a long day at Epcot and not going until the evening. The crowd projections for tomorrow night look good. I'm concerned that the rain in the morning will throw that off. Any thoughts?

I think it depends on your feelings toward rain. It appears at this point in time there is only an hour or so where they are calling for a 70% chance of precip, then it falls to 55%... so, there's a chance it'll move through (and at Disney you never know precisely where it will fall anyway). However, all that aside, if you aren't going to enjoy your time in the rain, it's not worth going, IMO. If the rain changes the "crowd projections" there's not much you are going to do about that anyway. If you don't mind ponchos and such, a rainy day can be fun, but if you don't want to chance getting wet at all, might as well sleep in.

Other option; get up at whatever time you planned already and look at the forecast then.

I would say go if you are not too tired as when the rain comes most people do not go so the lines should be shorter then normal

One of my favourite times at Epcot was the trip just gone in February where it poured all evening- I had never seen it so empty for years! People were streaming out at 7:30pm. Got on Frozen within 20 minutes in standby and got a front row view in Norway for Illuminations.

Sometimes in WDW it could be raining in EP but not in MK. The weather is so strange there.

Even a high percentage chance of rain might mean no rain at all.

Rain at Magic Kingdom eats crowd projections for breakfast. MK experiences reduced crowds during rain. All the folks who avoided MK because of the rain collectively stampede MK when the rain stops. Usually the is a “day after rain” phenomenon, so visiting the same day after a rain is probably ok, but I’d rather be at MK while the storm is in progress.

Looks like nasty storms on the radar. Yikes.

We've had experiences where rain didn't really clear out the park at all or at least not very much and we've had an experience where even the prediction of rain scared off everyone. The latter was rain predicted for all day and we went at RD before it even started. It was amazingly uncrowded. I couldn't believe it. 7DMT was 20 mins at 9:30. The rain started at 11 and the crowd (couldn't even call them that really) got even lower. We stayed and did a lot but eventually the constant on and off of ponchos and being wet got to us and we left at 2:30.

But for us the more typical experience is that the parks are a less crowded but not that dramatically. Thunderstorms and all day rain have a greater in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter