Magic Kingdom on Sundays

lizzie64

<font color=purple>Clay is my man!<br><font color=
Hi all,

Well I'm at the researching which days to do which park phase of my planning.

Anyone done MK on a Sunday in May (before Memorial Day)? According to past trends, Sunday seems to be a good day for the MK.

Wondering what real experiences have been.

Thanks

We have done the Sunday right before Memorial Day Monday a few times. It's really crowded.

I was wondering the same thing. We will be going there on Mother's Day and really can't change the day because we are meeting our family that lives in Florida. I can only hope that it isn't crowded due to EE.

Mego,
We have the MK slated for Mother's day as well.

I'm pretty nervous about the crowds. Last time we went May of 2001, we were at the Animal Kingdom for Mother's day. It was ok.

From what I have read in the past, the Magic Kingdon is very croweded on weekends. This is because of the local residents who tend to go on Saturdays and Sundays.
A few years back we found Epcot very quiet on a couple of Sundays. However, last June it was really crowded so we went over to the Studios and it was much calmer.

Funny, because all the books I've read and all the research I've done on Disney says that Sunday is a light day at the MK because it seems to be a travel day. Everyone goes home that day I guess.

We will be at the Poly Friday through Monday, an not sure which days to do the MK. Really wanted to do it while we were on the monorail and not at AKL

We were there on the first Sunday in June last year when there was no early entry. We had absolutely no problems with the crowds. It definitely picked up by about 2-3 pm, but before that was not a problem. We also went the next morning back to MK, as we were meeting relatives for CRT breakfast and their first day at WDW. We had no problems on that Monday either. In fact, the whole first week of June wasn't bad at all. The afternoons are crowded, but as long as you plan ahead and use fastpass there were never any problems.

We were there on Mother's Day this year and I was really pleased with the light crowds. Granted EE was suspended at that time so that may cause more people to choose that park this year. We got there right before it opened at 9 and made it to the rope drop. I really don't remember having to wait for anything we rode that day for more than 5 minutes or so. We did use Fastpasses a lot though but had rode most everything in Fantasyland right after opening before heavier crowds came in.

I would guess that the Sunday before Memorial Day (meaning day before) would have pretty heavy crowds. Since most people have Monday off, they will be more likely to return home on Monday than Sunday. If you decide to go anyway, I would get there at the start of EE, ride everything you can squeeze into that hour, and then rely on lots of Fastpasses!

Thank you all.

My original post may have been a little misleading. I meant to say that we would be there before Memorial day as in May 9-13, not the Sunday of Memorial day weekend.

So I'm hoping you're all right and the crowds will be lighter. Oh, it actually is Mother's Day when we'll be there.

Well, Sunday in MK is now an early entry day, so those results you found may be a bit scewed.

We went to MK on Sunday in October, after the EE was reinstated. We didn't get there until 11 am, and mostly stayed in the front area where all of the characters were signing autographs. The only lands to which we went were Adventureland and Liberty Square, which weren't crowded at all. DH and I rode Pirates of the Caribbean with practically no wait at all, my parents, DD and I rode Aladdin with about a 10 minute wait, and my parents took DD (8) to see the Hall of Presidents (she was NOT impressed), with no wait. I don't know how well the rest of the park was faring. However, if you go for EE morning, you can knock out Fantasyland, and part of Tomorrowland (get a FP for Space Mountain and come back) in the 1st hour, then get quickly over for the rope drop for Frontierland and line up for either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder. After those go back and use your FP for Space Mountain, swing into Adventureland and ride (the lines won't be overly long), then go to the Haunted Mansion. After all of that, it should be about time to line up to see the parade... or if you aren't interested in the parade, it is always a good time to ride, as the line decrease considerably.

I don't think you will have a problem going to MK on Sunday. Have a good vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter