Magic Morning on 3-day ticket

Kailua's Belle

Mouseketeer
So I was just reading the info on our 3-day ticket and it says, "One Magic Morning admission to Disneyland® Park (restrictions apply)." So does that mean the Magic Morning is only for Disneyland? I was planning on using our one MM day for California Adventure, since we'll be going to Disneyland on two of our three days, but now I guess I have to rethink my planning strategy.

Also why is the Monday before Thanksgiving predicted to be sooo busy?!? Darn it, I should have just planned to go on Thanksgiving day, instead of the days before.

So I was just reading the info on our 3-day ticket and it says, "One Magic Morning admission to Disneyland® Park (restrictions apply)." So does that mean the Magic Morning is only for Disneyland? I was planning on using our one MM day for California Adventure, since we'll be going to Disneyland on two of our three days, but now I guess I have to rethink my planning strategy.

Also why is the Monday before Thanksgiving predicted to be sooo busy?!? Darn it, I should have just planned to go on Thanksgiving day, instead of the days before.

Yes, Magic Morning is only for Disneyland. DCA has Extra Magic Hours only if you are staying at one of the onsite hotels.

Crowd calendars can give you a general idea of what's most likely, but don't treat them like gospel. In fact, my gut feeling is that if you're there on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of Thanksgiving week, Monday might just be your least busy day (with more people starting their holidays as Thanksgiving gets closer).

Also, you probably already know this, but of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, Tuesday will be the only day you can use your Magic Morning (it's only Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for Magic Morning).

Yep, if you want to go into DCA early you’ve gotta stay on site (and don’t stay on site just for EMH- it’s SUPER expensive and if you’re just doing it for EMH you might as well spend your money adding another day to your trip or something). EMH are at DCA only on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and EMH/MM are at Disneyland on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. So you’re going to have to use your MM at Disneyland on Tuesday or not at all. Be aware that the only lands that are open during that time are Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Even Galaxy’s Edge isn’t open during that time.

Thank you! Such good info! I totally forgot that it was only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland for the MM. We'll be there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. So now I guess we'll do Sunday, DL; Monday, CA; and Tuesday, MM at DL. I went ahead and subscribed to Touring Plans and have been playing around with some plans and I think we'll be able to get everything we want done at DL. CA is more my concern, as it's only one day and it's a day there are EMH so I think that's going to make getting things like RSR and TSMM in addition to everything else difficult. This trip is way different than my last two, as this time I'm going to help my brother and his family for their first trip. It's been a long time since I had little ones, and I'm trying to prioritize what kids like and not my favorites... haha! So glad I figured out the EMH vs MM thing!! That would have been a major bummer if I got them there for a 7:00 a.m. opening that we couldn't get into!!

... CA is more my concern, as it's only one day and it's a day there are EMH so I think that's going to make getting things like RSR and TSMM in addition to everything else difficult...
Don't worry too much about EE at DCA. Since that perk is only available to on site guests (vs. EMH/MM which attracts a much larger crowd to DL, both on site guests and any guest with a 3+ day ticket with a MM), the actual number of guests using EE at DCA is smaller. In other words, if you are at DCA for RD on an EE day, you won't be that far behind the EE guests. Have your MP ready to go as soon as you activate your tickets at the turnstile and have a great day!

Don't worry too much about EE at DCA. Since that perk is only available to on site guests (vs. EMH/MM which attracts a much larger crowd to DL, both on site guests and any guest with a 3+ day ticket with a MM), the actual number of guests using EE at DCA is smaller. In other words, if you are at DCA for RD on an EE day, you won't be that far behind the EE guests. Have your MP ready to go as soon as you activate your tickets at the turnstile and have a great day!

Whew, okay, thanks for the reassurance!

We had zero problems doing what we wanted at DCA on a EMH day, when we didn't have EMH. We were there the Friday after Thanksgiving last year. The ones in our family who wanted to do the Incredicoaster did it 4 or 5 times! My only advice would be to get RSR fast passes first thing, because those will be gone first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!