MAGIC November 2014 **Updated with Pics!!!**

Ndsmorrison

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!!! Welcome readers!!! :)

As the topic reads we will be getting on the Magic this November/December!! Excited? Yes!!! So to start off I will make the introductions about myself and family.....
Myself - 30ish female from SC!!! I work for a local government as a 911 dispatcher/telecommunicator!! Love my job!!!
DH - 30ish male from SC as well!!! Both born and raised here!! He also works for our local police department as an officer in the communications field!! He enjoys it!! We have been married for 13 years this year, this is our 5th cruise together, 2nd Disney cruise. Back to that in a moment!!
DD - 5 yr old very outgoing and active little girl. And of course she was born in SC as well!! I know shocking lol. :rotfl: This is her 4th cruise.

My DH had been on me for years to go on a cruise and my excuse was they are too expensive and I thought they wouldn't be as fun as going to one location and staying! Boy o boy was I ever wrong lol. So in 2007 we started booking our 1st ever cruise. I knew nothing about cruising!! AAA gave us some books to look at and I dug in and found what I liked! I saw a great itinerary for the Western Caribbean on RCCL's Freedom in June/July of 2008!! So that was the beginning of my addiction!! Shortly after returning home I started planning for the next. We wanted to so badly go on RCCL's Oasis maiden voyage. Which I think was in Nov/Dec of 2009. Well we booked it as soon as opening date was made available to us. Well shortly after booking (Sept 2008) I found out I was pregnant with DD. I got concerned that with the expense of having a new baby and the cost of the cruise, plus we were renting and decided we wanted to buy a house, we needed more space. So we ended up cancelling for the time. Well by the time Nov 2009 came around I wanted so badly to go on a cruise again so I quickly booked a 3 night on RCCL's Monarch, very small and older ship. But not too bad for our 2nd cruise together and DD's 1st cruise!! Well no cruise in 2010 which was a sad sad year for us (because no cruise lol) :worried: Anyways, we booked our cruise on Oasis finally and went on that one in August 2011. Soon after that we decided we really want to go to Disney!! We really wanted to take our DD to the parks but worried would she get the full effect by not getting to do everything. Then I was like I want to go to Disney and I want to go on a cruise as well but we couldn't afford to do both so we decided why not do a Disney Cruise. So we booked one!!! We went on Disney Fantasy in Nov/Dec 2013. Loved it!! DD had the best time!!! She enjoyed the clubs so much!! Well I really need to do a trip report for that cruise, maybe one day I will get it done. Hey I did write in a journal each day on the Fantasy, so I could go by that. Btw my DH did take a non-DCL cruise long time before we got together with his family on Carnival, but we won't talk about that lol. He is not a fan. He is hooked on DCL and will go back on RCCL, but refuses to go back on Carnival. So that's just a little bit of history of us and our cruising life. I don't want to overwhelm any readers with all our boring stuff just yet lol.

I became a DISboard member last year sometime before we went on Fantasy, not sure how I found this website but recently I have become addicted!! I love :love: all the info I'm getting off everyone's RT's and PRT's. Its so nice!!

Like I said I'm 'new' to DISboards, so I'm trying to learn how to post on here and add pics. So plz bare with me. I'm gonna try to update as soon as possible!! I don't have a PC at home just an iPad so I'm posting as much as I can on my work PC. I may do a little on my iPad but I have to use the app and its funny sometime lol.

Here is a pic of my DD...I think she was only 4 at the time. I will hopefully soon be able to load our pics from last cruise and show some recent pics of us. Am I right that we can only upload pics from photobucker?? Any advise will be very helpful in that department lol. I pretty good with computers and many computer programs but this one is a little tricky for me until I get the hang of it. Anyways here is my sweet DD....
IMG_0427_zpsff637cfa.jpg.html

Ok, I went ahead and posted by 1st post to this topic, I'm not sure if the pic is available to be seen by everyone or if its just me that can't see it. I just don't know. Ugh I really wanted to be able to post pics but I just don't know if I can. *Sigh* I will try posting posts from my app to see if that will allow me to insert pics. Wish there was a better way.

*sigh* I guess I don't know how to post pics, hopefully someone will shine the light for me :)

Anyways, that's not gonna hold me back ;) Well I decided to do a PTR (will do a TR afterwards), this time because there isn't too many blogs on the newly imagined Magic. I've seen some but not many that are recent. So I want to help at least one person :)

So last year while on Fantasy, I told my DH that I really wanted to plan our next Disney Cruise and we tossed around the idea. Benefits are great for booking while onboard, discounted deposit, 10% off total bill and oboard credit...who could pass up that offer. Well as we thought about it we went to a meeting for DVC on one of our sea days to gather more info on DVC, we had NO idea about this!! Anyways, they had a door prize of $200 onboard credit for the current cruise, you had to stay til the end to be eligible. I told DH we never win anything like that, well guess who's name was drawn?? Yea you guessed it mine!! How about that?!? That was the icing on the cake for us to book on board!!! Well the plan was to go on an Alaskan cruise in the summer of 2015, the dates were not out yet for 2015 so we decided to book a dummy date. Well after getting home and conversing back and forth with DH and some DCL friends we meet on Fantasy, we decided on a date. First it was going to be on Fantasy again, same itinerary as this last one and basically same dates. It leaves from PC on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I wasn't too thrilled with doing the same ports and same ship as this last one. I wanted a little change. Don't get me wrong I would have gone on it again but thankfully our DCL friends agreed to go on Magic this time on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (Western Caribbean). I had heard great things about DU so I inquired with them and they took over our reservation and have been so helpful!!!

So technically we (or I should I) have been planning this cruise since Dec 2013!! My DH helps but I'm the planner and he always says 'you tell me where and I'll show up' Hes a hoot!!

Well we really wanted to surprise our DD this time, she's our only child and she's only young once, so we wanted this to be a great deal for her. She has NO idea that we are going on another cruise much less a Disney Cruise!!! She just said to me the other day that she likes to go on boats (meaning cruises) and go to Build a Bear. She's been asking when we are going on another cruise (I think we have created a cruise addicted monster lol). I told her I wasn't sure but I would need to talk to her daddy. I hate being dishonest but I don't want to tell her what we have planned!! I know it will all be worth it when I see her little face light up!!!

So we have less than 3 1/2 months until we depart!!! Exactly 4 weeks today is the deadline to be PIF!! Yikes!! I've been slacking this time usually I use our tax refund to pay off our cruises (or vacations) well this year has been a little different. Plus this year started off poorly, I hurt my back and was out of work for awhile. I get somewhat better from that then both me and DD get a sore throat (she got it first) and I felt like I was hit by a Mac truck, we had strep throat (1st time in forever since I've had that). Anyways, I said if she felt like I did I feel so bad for her!! Well that kept us in the bed for about a week (and out of work again). I started to worry I was gonna use all my vacation time for being sick and wouldn't have any left for our cruise. But thankfully that's been it for now...knock on wood. My point is I'm hoping to be doing the PIF happy dance next week!!

Here's the plan so far!! Our cruise leaves out on Sunday, November 30th out of PC. (We really like going out here, its a much shorter drive to this location than Miami or Ft Lauderdale). We wanted to do a pre-cruise trip to WDW but its still not in the books for us. A little out of our budget to do both. So we are gonna make the best of the entire vacation. DH is fortunate to have all county holidays off, unlike me, my position has to be manned 24/7. I guess you don't want to dial 911 on Thanksgiving and get the recording 'I'm sorry all of our telecommunicators are enjoying the holiday with their family please call back on Monday when we return' lol. I don't think that will fly over too well. :rotfl: We are committed to being away from our family's on holidays, birthdays, special events, etc. that's unless we take vacation. Anyway, I'm suppose to work nights the Wednesday and Thursday before the cruise, but I took those nights off. DD will be in 5K this year (starting this Wednesday) and I believe they have Wednesday thru Friday off for the Thanksgiving holidays. I will probably pack up as much as I can while DD is in school that Monday and Tuesday so she doesn't 'catch' me, since it is a surprise to her. Wednesday evening we are to take our doggie to the local kennel to board her. My SIL is refusing to watch her this time (she watched her last cruise) but our doggie, Punzel, is a very hyper 1 1/2 year old german shep mix. It would save us a TON of money for her to help us out but whatever see if she ever needs a favor to help her save money. Sorry had to rant for a moment. We don't have any close by relatives that are able to watch her. I really don't know what I'm gonna tell DD the reason for her going to a kennel she's gonna be sad and confused. Punzel is her buddy. I guess I'll figure something out. We are going to try our best to keep everything as normal as possible so she doesn't start questioning everything. But hopefully we can leave for FL before the chickens (and DD) wakes up on Thanksgiving day. I really don't want to travel all day that day. I want to get to FL and enjoy the holiday!! We have hotel reservations at a hotel in Orlando (unfort not a Disney one) but nevertheless its a nice one. We are to meet up with our DCL friends, they are staying at the same place. Hopefully find a nice place that is open for supper and enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal. Friday is play it by ear. I want to visit Downtown Disney that day, any input on what to do, what to eat, etc at DTD is much appreciated!! I know we will probably enjoy the pool area maybe take in some site seeing. Hopefully I can get some Christmas shopping done while at DTD. I know by this time DD will be wondering what's going on, but we will tell her we are on vacation. Getting on Magic will be the ultimate surprise!! Anyway, we are just gonna relax and enjoy the company of our friends. Sometime on Saturday we will drive over to PC and check into Country Inn and Suites. The itinerary for the evening...rest and meet up with our DIS and facebook group at Fishlips for a nice pre-cruise dinner (we ate there last year and meet some of our cruise mates and it was good!!) Not sure what time we've set yet but I think it will be decided when it gets closer!! Hopefully they will have the Christmas :santa:decor up at the port next to Fishlips again this year. DD enjoyed that and she got to sit on Santa's lap!! It was a nice treat!! Then the next day, Sunday, is cruise time!!! Not sure yet of our boarding time. I still have 2 weeks until I can start the check in process.

Well that's all the planning I've got in my mind so far. No excursions yet, I have ideas but nothing set in stone yet, I'm hoping to have that planned by check in day so I can go ahead and at least book them.

We are part of FE again this time. I have ideas but that will be in another topic. I will probably ask for some input on my ideas.

Oh btw did I mention this cruise is a podcast cruise?? It wasn't anything I knew about until after I booked us. I have read a little bit about podcast cruises but I'm still not savvy on them. Hey, we will give anything a try so I'm looking forward to learning more about podcast's and participating in what we can. I think we are automatically included in all of the podcast stuff and events since we booked thru DU?!? But that doesn't mean we will do everything, this cruise is for our family to get away from everyday life and enjoy our time together!!

Busy week ahead for our household....
I'm working nights now, but will be off Monday (in about an hour) and Tuesday. We have open house Monday night at DD's school. DD is starting 5 year old kindergarten this year. She went to this school for child development (pre-k) last school year but only for a few months, (down here they only accept so many kids in the pre-k program, DD was on a waiting list and finally got in this past spring). So she is familiar with the school. She also has been going to daycare since she was 1 years old. Well she had to go back to full time at daycare this summer, she was not a happy camper about this but what can I do, we have to work esp if we want to continue going on cruises :cloud9: Sometime before Wednesday morning a visit to the salon is a must, want DD to have a bit of a trim before she starts back. DD wears glasses and I really wanted to get her a new pair before now but I have put that on hold for a bit. I think she is eligible for new ones in October. After dropping her off for her 1st day I have to rush to work, then rush afterwards to get her from daycare. She's gonna have longs days Wednesday and Thursday, school then to daycare. Friday night we have a 'Stock the bar' party for a friend that is getting married at the end of September. I almost forgot about it. Hmmmmm what should I get???? ::yes:::confused:

Saturday and Sunday are going to be days of relaxation!! I'm off the weekend and I know DD will be tired from being back to school. :faint:

Alright I think I'm logging off for the night (at least my night). Will be back with more updates later!!!:surfweb::coffee:

Hey readers!!
Today is Wednesday, we have about 101 days until day we are cruising on the deep blue sea. But we actually have 99 days until we leave to go to the Florida and I was just looking at my 'vacation' and it starts in 95 days. My work schedule works out to where I will have about 2 1/2 weeks off and I only have to take off 7 days. So that's exciting at least for us :)

Well I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my pictures. :confused3:headache:

Today was back to school for the kiddos here.:teacher: This was DD's 1st day of kindergarten. I'm proud of her, she was a good trooper today!! She already knew some of the kids in her class so I think she did ok today. Can't wait until 630 when I get off and can ask her how her day was!! Woohoo!!! :hug::cheer2::woohoo:

Less then 2 weeks and we can check-in online and book any extras. I think once I'm able to do that this vacation will feel more real. I know its coming but until you start checking in and things it all of a sudden hits ya, 'We are going on a cruise!!' Speaking of booking extras....I think a trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique :wizard: is a must for DD, she loved it last year!! I will talk it over with DH and see if want to do it again on the formal night. (Oh I need an insight on this as well, can't u buy a dress with it? Last year she wore one we got at the Disney Store. If so will the dress be of good quality?) So I'm thinking about at least doing this special treat for formal night, possibly even letting her go for pirate night pirate: as well, haven't made a decision on that yet. And I guess it also depends on what is available when we do our booking stuff.

Does anyone know what movies and or shows that will be on Magic in November? Just wondering.:3dglasses popcorn::

Well I'm gonna sign off for now. Hope everyone has a great day!!:cool1:

Well I finally figured out how to add pics!! Yay me!! So now I can finally add pics on here!!! I'm excited for myself lol it don't take much lol.

Here is DD and I at our hotel waiting to get a bus to the port.
1504128_10151753917566875_1478811910_n.jpg

I love how they had the ship decorated for Christmas....
558918_10151753931316875_99087175_n.jpg

Word of advice anyone with kiddos some how get a nap in before the Sail Away Deck Party or u will have a melt down....
1461092_10151753939261875_116469544_n.jpg

So here is DH and DD in front of the HUGE Christmas tree in the main lobby.
1491699_10151754301581875_159289112_n.jpg

I'm glad to be able to get pics loaded on here so now I can show any readers what I'm talking about. Well I just wanted to get on here and put some photos up.

More later goodnight!!

Joining in!

Wow, your DD has been on a lot of cruises in her 5 years! Lucky her!

I'm glad you figured out how to post pictures - looks like you guys enjoyed your last cruise!

Joining in!

Wow, your DD has been on a lot of cruises in her 5 years! Lucky her!

I'm glad you figured out how to post pictures - looks like you guys enjoyed your last cruise!

Yay!! I have a reader!!

Yes my DD has been one lucky little girl!! I wanted her to have the best experiences that we can give to her. My feelings are that memories and traveling is so much better than material things that can be just thrown away. Some may disagree but we all know what is important to each of us. Spending time and making memories happens to be very important to me :) Plus I look at my sister (recently is single) and she has 5 kids!! And they don't go anywhere unless my parents take them somewhere. Thankfully she isn't raising them by herself she does have our parents for help but still she struggles and just can't take all 5 of them anywhere. I feel bad for them but there is NO way I could afford to take 5 kids on a cruise, not right now anyways. Maybe one day!!

Anyways, we have always enjoyed our cruises!! My DD is ready for another but has NO idea we are planning one behind her back!!!

Well we will be on our cruise in less than 13 weeks, but technically we will start our vacation in 12 short weeks from this week!!:cool1: Can you say excited?!?

Well I would have been on here sooner since my last post but I tell you my back has been bothering me so bad. Earlier this year I hurt my sciatica some how and all I could do for over a week was lay flat on my back to keep the pain away. Then the doctor finally gave me some meds that actually helped. And I got so much better. But ugh I don't know what I did but almost 2 weeks ago my back has been hurting, I've had hardly any relief. Standing is ok after I've taken meds but sitting hurts so bad. So sitting here typing is killing me. Oh well I will survive lol.

Anyways, a couple weeks ago (same weekend I hurt my back again), Disney's Good Luck Charlie star Bridget Mendler came to town for a FREE concert!!! She was perform a short concert at Tanger Outlets!! How cool?! So I decided to take my DD to see her since she loves 'Teddy' on that show!! Who can beat a FREE concert? Well I decided we needed to leave early, I was worried about finding a parking spot. We got to the mall and walked around a bit, we still had 2 hrs before the concert! They had different booths set up all around the outlet for the kids to do. They had a makeup bar is what they called it but that line was so long I didn't bother waiting. We did make our way into the Disney store, they were giving kids stickers and buttons. My DD got one of the princesses but I can't remember which one now :( Anyways, so we walked around the Disney store for a little while. Btw did I mention it was HOT:firefight outside that day!!! They had the Tsum Tsum's on sale there so I told DD to pick her one out. This is the one she choose....
imagejpg1_zpseccf4a4b.jpg

imagejpg2_zps647f2090.jpg

So after walking around there DD had been bugging me to get an Italian ice cream thing. So we waited in the hot sun while everyone else is getting one to get one. It was nice and refreshing lol.
imagejpg1_zps315d8cb3.jpg

I told DD its hot lets walk to where the concert is going to be and see where we can wait. So we walked over there and found the area where the concert was going to be and also found there was a line for the 'Meet & Greet". That line was HUGE!!! Here look at it...
984194_10152224301796875_4147785450597841558_n.jpg

That line started at the stage and wrapped around the far building, further than I could see. I wasn't waiting in it. You were not guaranteed to 'Meet' her and you definitely wouldn't get a close up to the concert. I told DD we are going to wait at the concert area and watch. Which we ended up real close, we were still about 1 1/2 hrs early!!
DD is looking at the line and how long it was....
10352137_10152224301041875_4208235429250994420_n.jpg

Here is a pic of DD where we were standing for the concert....
1926820_10152224300921875_5464843340657689652_n.jpg

All day it had been hot and there was some clouds in the distance and it looked like was going to rain at any moment. I told some other moms that I had hope the rain would hold off until after the concert and that they need to hurry up and get the concert started lol. The closer it got to concert time the worse the weather started looking. Anyways, she finally came on stage and said that you never know about the weather in Myrtle Beach so she was going to sing 'Hurricane' as her first song, and said it was 'fitting' lol. (Notice the clouds in the background)
10614136_10152218017921875_7139514782284020642_n.jpg

10622962_10152218018171875_6107702121251761884_n.jpg

During that song it started to thunder some, then she started on the next song and I put my phone up because the rain started. She barely got thru that song and they had to stop it was pouring and storming bad!! Not just little rain drops, I'm talking huge rain drops!! Me and DD were trying to get to our car and I could barely see because the rain was going in my eyes and when water hits my contacts it burns and I can't see. So by the time we finally got to the car we were soaked to the bone!!! Not a single piece of clothing on us was dry!! Needless to say we were miserable (when we were wet and on the way home)!! But we had fun that day!!

This past Monday was Check-in day!!! So we have already checked in for the cruise, we have a PAT of 11am. As well as most of the other friends we have meet online. So that's nice that we can all arrive and get on Magic at the same time!! I've also done the registration for DD so that's one less thing to do at port.

Next up....Shore excursions...What to do?!?

That's great that you got to go to a FREE concert! Too bad the weather wasn't great for it.

11am PAT is awesome!

So here it is October, we sail away next month!!:banana::woohoo: Time sure is flying!! I know it will fly away faster once we get on the ship!! So lets see whats new....

I'm working on my FE's still. I keep finding things and keep thinking I haven't done enough. I'm making some and buying other things to fill in the bags. I've really got to get on the ball and finish the ones that I'm doing by hand, I don't know how long it will take me to complete them so I really need to make sure they are done in plenty of time. Hopefully I will able to work on them each night instead of trying to finish them all in one day. I don't have enough table space to do them all at once though. I've got most of the kids bags done. I've still got to get the boys a little something else then I've got to get the labels done. I was waiting until the cut off date for sign up before I finished or I should say started. Lol.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting on here lately. I hurt my back earlier this year and it got better so I thought. Well anyways last month or end of August I can't remember, it started hurting again. Its slowly going away but when it really hurts I can't sit still so it was hard for me to sit at the computer and type without wanting to cry :sad: Needless to say I'm hoping it continues to get better and I will be done with the pain by next month!!!

Excursions....
We have a tour booked in Jamaica and in Grand Cayman thru DCL. Nothing for Cozumel yet. Our friends that are going with us is trying to line up a jeep tour for all of us. Only thing is DCL's jeep tour age limit is 7 or 8 and DD is 5. Any suggestions??:confused3

So here it is October, we sail away next month!!:banana::woohoo: Time sure is flying!! I know it will fly away faster once we get on the ship!! So lets see whats new....

I'm working on my FE's still. I keep finding things and keep thinking I haven't done enough. I'm making some and buying other things to fill in the bags. I've really got to get on the ball and finish the ones that I'm doing by hand, I don't know how long it will take me to complete them so I really need to make sure they are done in plenty of time. Hopefully I will able to work on them each night instead of trying to finish them all in one day. I don't have enough table space to do them all at once though. I've got most of the kids bags done. I've still got to get the boys a little something else then I've got to get the labels done. I was waiting until the cut off date for sign up before I finished or I should say started. Lol.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting on here lately. I hurt my back earlier this year and it got better so I thought. Well anyways last month or end of August I can't remember, it started hurting again. Its slowly going away but when it really hurts I can't sit still so it was hard for me to sit at the computer and type without wanting to cry :sad: Needless to say I'm hoping it continues to get better and I will be done with the pain by next month!!!

Excursions....
We have a tour booked in Jamaica and in Grand Cayman thru DCL. Nothing for Cozumel yet. Our friends that are going with us is trying to line up a jeep tour for all of us. Only thing is DCL's jeep tour age limit is 7 or 8 and DD is 5. Any suggestions??:confused3

Hi :wave2:
Enjoying your PTR!!! Can't wait to meet you guys! Hope your back pain isn't too bad for our sailing. Your dd is so adorable. We sailed the Magic in 2011 when ds was 3 and excursions were tough because of his age. We wound up just doing our own thing off the ship with friends we had sailed with. Now he is 7 and we have a few things lined up.
I should do a PTR but somehow time just goes by so fast!

hello! We just booked the jan 4 cruise two days ago. It's my 6th Disney cruise, 5th for some of the family, on down to my 4 yo's second (we seemed to add one child each time we cruised the first few times! LOL) Can you PLEASE post navigators when you get back? There are no recent ones. We did this cruise in 2006 but I'm told things are changed. I'm curious about Tea with Alice (still on?), Galley tours for me (when?), second dessert midnight buffet cancelled? Pirate midnight buffet still there? Are there pastries in the cove cafe? What excursions do you plan to do, and once back, were they worth it? I am hoping to do an excursion in Grand Cayman (last time I didn't get off the ship then). anyway, have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter