"Magic Shows" at USF and IoA

cigar95

DIS weakest link
During our visit a few weeks ago, we took the "opportunity" to see a "free magic show" in an area just outside the exit to Terminator. Later on, we saw what looked to be the same show offered over in Lost Continent, and it really turned out to be just a sales pitch for a few magic trick kits.

Anyone familiar with this "show"? The last trick they do is a thing called "The Levitator", and it was definitely a head -scratcher. "Wow, how in the world does that work?"

If you're familiar with that trick, are you willing to spill the secret?

During our visit a few weeks ago, we took the "opportunity" to see a "free magic show" in an area just outside the exit to Terminator. Later on, we saw what looked to be the same show offered over in Lost Continent, and it really turned out to be just a sales pitch for a few magic trick kits.

Anyone familiar with this "show"? The last trick they do is a thing called "The Levitator", and it was definitely a head -scratcher. "Wow, how in the world does that work?"

If you're familiar with that trick, are you willing to spill the secret?

Its invisible silk thread. I bought it once years ago.:thumbsup2

Its invisible silk thread. I bought it once years ago.:thumbsup2

Ahh - so if I were to try to pass my hand over and above the "levitating" object, the magician would find a way to "discourage" me from examining things too closely.

I have to say, the guy doing the demonstration was very smooth - like all illusions, it's all in the presentation.

Ahh - so if I were to try to pass my hand over and above the "levitating" object, the magician would find a way to "discourage" me from examining things too closely.

I have to say, the guy doing the demonstration was very smooth - like all illusions, it's all in the presentation.

Yep, you will likely break the thread. Its like a thick spider web thats not sticky. It's very believable.

There is a magic store at Universal Studios where they have a sit down magic show also. Its pretty good! And if you like magic tricks, eat supper at the Kitchen at HRH, there is a magician who goes from table to table giving each table their own personal mini magic show for tips. Quite entertaining and the food is good too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter