Magical Holidays discount not magical:(

Got a unique offer code in the mail today. I was SO excited! Until I called, and all 7 of my date options were totally unavailable (except for one, I could book a pirate room at CBR for $260/night). I was so sad.

Was this the Disney Visa Rewards offer for summer savings, good basically from now to August 20? If so that offer wasn't unique, valid for any Disney Visa holder. If it was another pin code offer, would be curious as to what the offering was. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but that seems to be the current trend right now, based on what I'm seeing on multiple message board sites.

Was this the Disney Visa Rewards offer for summer savings, good basically from now to August 20? If so that offer wasn't unique, valid for any Disney Visa holder. If it was another pin code offer, would be curious as to what the offering was. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but that seems to be the current trend right now, based on what I'm seeing on multiple message board sites.
I didn't mean unique like no one else got it - that's what they're called now lol, a UOC, Unique Offer Code. It was 30% off (much better than my last one which was 10%) but I can't use it because there's just nothing available. We've all been discussing the fact that none of the discounts are working, I was just adding that even the pin codes aren't doing anything. It's weird that they're sending them out TBH when they have no rooms open. I'll keep checking as the dates get closer, but it was just super disappointing.

I didn't mean unique like no one else got it - that's what they're called now lol, a UOC, Unique Offer Code. It was 30% off (much better than my last one which was 10%) but I can't use it because there's just nothing available. We've all been discussing the fact that none of the discounts are working, I was just adding that even the pin codes aren't doing anything. It's weird that they're sending them out TBH when they have no rooms open. I'll keep checking as the dates get closer, but it was just super disappointing.

LOL - I had to look up what "UOC" meant, usually I'm not that dense. I still think only of Pin codes and didn't realize another name had crept into the vernacular for such things as Disney Visa offers.

There is a Disney travel agent that we've used multiple times (they host another message board) and she had on her Facebook page a long post regarding the recent discounts, primarily in response to so many customers not being able to adjust their reservations to get the current discounts. She likened the Disney offers to a Black Friday sale. Hey, look, incredible deals, but we are only offer two available in each of our stores. Once you go into the store and find you can't get it, the store figures and hopes you will still buy anyway, even without the incentive. Sounds like what Disney has done with these recent rounds of essentially no availability discount offers. Both message boards that I tend to frequent are both exhibiting high levels of frustration with very few people being able to take advantage of these offers.

LOL - I had to look up what "UOC" meant, usually I'm not that dense. I still think only of Pin codes and didn't realize another name had crept into the vernacular for such things as Disney Visa offers.

There is a Disney travel agent that we've used multiple times (they host another message board) and she had on her Facebook page a long post regarding the recent discounts, primarily in response to so many customers not being able to adjust their reservations to get the current discounts. She likened the Disney offers to a Black Friday sale. Hey, look, incredible deals, but we are only offer two available in each of our stores. Once you go into the store and find you can't get it, the store figures and hopes you will still buy anyway, even without the incentive. Sounds like what Disney has done with these recent rounds of essentially no availability discount offers. Both message boards that I tend to frequent are both exhibiting high levels of frustration with very few people being able to take advantage of these offers.
Yeah apparently they changed it haha! I feel like even the folks working for Disney are frustrated - when I've called they sound tired and I don't get routed to the survey at the end which is weird! The really frustrating thing is I can't use my dang code online! It keeps forcing me to book a package instead of doing the room only offer. So I have to call and ask for 400 different dates to try to find something available. :/

So I was able to get my dates for the Magical Holidays discount but after thinking about it - it really isn't a lot of money off and since it involves a weekend - I'm not seeing the savings. I have decided to stay off site for the entire 9 days I'm there. It just isn't worth the hassle. I rent a car and I'm an Annual Passholder so I don't need to pay for parking at the parks. The only advantage I see in booking on site is that I can book my Fastpass+ early but then again, is I worth all that extra money? What I save I can use for the Candlelight lunches I have booked and have a nice relaxing, rather large hotel suite to enjoy for much less than I would ever afford at Disney World. This is the first time I have every stayed off site at Disney World but it's gotten to the point that I need a back up to all this craziness that goes on around discounts. I'm feeling quite relaxed now.

Last edited:
Staying in Nov. and booked AOA with the kid's magical holiday deal. Saved about $300, which covers food for my son and I, so I'm happy.

Was actually shocked to see availability at POP with the deal as well, but we needed space.

Now say 300 of them, instead, were for people who were waiting for room discounts. Also like POFQ, there's nothing around. After the people who really couldn't afford to go cancel, now there's 400 rooms. Well, heck, the resort is now half-empty! Either they will call for another sale, or see if some of those people will come crawling back.

I think this is why not all the discounts are released at once also. They have been starting with the GP discount, which is OK but not fabulous. Then it seems like the Fla Res discounts hit, which are better, but the availability may be better or worse than GP. Then the AP discounts hit, and those are usually equal or better than the Fla Res (lately they've been just a few dollars better, since I qualify for both and check both) but the availability may be different again. By staggering the release of the promotions it's easier to tweak the inventory as it goes up and down.

I totally understand people wanting to book early. It makes much more sense to have your hotel lined up before you start figuring out your dining choices. But I agree that you should only book what you can afford, and then use the discount if one comes out to either discount your current room or upgrade to a better one. The only time I book way ahead is when I can book via bounceback and know I've got that discount locked in. Otherwise, I just wait until the discounts come out and work within that inventory to get my best value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter