Mahomes Gets $450 Million

There's a shop here that sells these masks:

It's really hits home now that Salvy from the Royals has tested positive (asymptomatic)

We sure hope for some good years with Mahomes :) We'd love another good year with a repeat Super Bowl appearance but really he's a good guy.

Mahomes need to give some thanks to Garappolo for that contract.
If Garappolo was even slightly more competent, the 49ers likely would have won, and then Mahomes wouldn’t have (maybe) gotten that big of a contract without the SB ring and MVP.

Hopefully, Mahomes doesn’t regress so that we can have a rematch in the SB. So many pro athletes seem to regress or plateau after signing a massive contract.

Just to bring it back around considering it's Chiefs related they announced today that there will be no season tickets sold. The stadium will obviously be reduced capacity.

Instead: "All tickets for Chiefs games in 2020 will be sold through single-game only sales once the allowed reduced capacity for Arrowhead is determined by the NFL and public health officials."

I expect further restrictions, at least as a possibility, as it gets closer but that's where it stands. For those who already had season passes they said: "the Chiefs are automatically crediting all season ticket member payments for the 2020 season forward to the 2021 season."

I suspect more NFL teams (and pro-teams in general) to be more like this IF we can even get seasons actually started.

Just to bring it back around considering it's Chiefs related they announced today that there will be no season tickets sold. The stadium will obviously be reduced capacity.

Instead: "All tickets for Chiefs games in 2020 will be sold through single-game only sales once the allowed reduced capacity for Arrowhead is determined by the NFL and public health officials."

I expect further restrictions, at least as a possibility, as it gets closer but that's where it stands. For those who already had season passes they said: "the Chiefs are automatically crediting all season ticket member payments for the 2020 season forward to the 2021 season."

I suspect more NFL teams (and pro-teams in general) to be more like this IF we can even get seasons actually started.
I sure hope season ticket holders get priority over the general public here.

I sure hope season ticket holders get priority over the general public here.
Normally those who are taxpayers within Jackson County (where the stadium is located at) get priority, usually a pre-sale opportunity, when it comes to both season tickets and individual games so I don't honestly know how it's going to work. I mean I expect that to be the case given the deal is due to sales tax increase deal but they haven't explicitly stated it.

Outrageous that lower income taxpayers are subsiding his $500m salary. I would feel better if the team owners were paying the $500m all by themselves instead of getting government welfare from taxpayers.

The 25 year old Mahomes just signed 10 year contract extension with The Kansas City Chiefs worth between $450 and $500 MILLION. Giving my 5 year old a football now. Get to work kid!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29418825/sources-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-agree-10-year-extension
10 years.......10 superbowls.......that is a lot of hardworkd to earn $450 million......odds are aginast though, so he will probably have to settle for the $250 ....I wonder how much the AFC/NFC title pays...sure to have some of those under his belt.

Outrageous that lower income taxpayers are subsiding his $500m salary. I would feel better if the team owners were paying the $500m all by themselves instead of getting government welfare from taxpayers.
What part are you referring to?

The sales tax deal was back in 2006, in 2007 the Hunt family contributed $125 million in stadium updates/experiences, starting in 2010 Jackson County residents were exempted when pre-purchasing season parking on the parking user fee which is used to help on maintenance of the stadium. To my knowledge there hasn't been any other additional burdens to the taxpayers of that County since then.

Mahomes need to give some thanks to Garappolo for that contract.
If Garappolo was even slightly more competent, the 49ers likely would have won, and then Mahomes wouldn’t have (maybe) gotten that big of a contract without the SB ring and MVP.

Hopefully, Mahomes doesn’t regress so that we can have a rematch in the SB. So many pro athletes seem to regress or plateau after signing a massive contract.
Mahomes should thank Romeo Crennel for forgetting how to run a defence.

Normally those who are taxpayers within Jackson County (where the stadium is located at) get priority, usually a pre-sale opportunity, when it comes to both season tickets and individual games so I don't honestly know how it's going to work. I mean I expect that to be the case given the deal is due to sales tax increase deal but they haven't explicitly stated it.
Yes, I was about to add that. Taxpayers in this county who pay for the stadium's upkeep need priority. I'm thinking it might have been part of the bond issue when it passed.

Yes, I was about to add that. Taxpayers in this county who pay for the stadium's upkeep need priority. I'm thinking it might have been part of the bond issue when it passed.
Yeah it was and I really have zero issues with that. I'm not sure I know anyone personally who does--meaning the priority part and the parking user fee exemption part.

This is their official statement (more for others benefit if they are interested in that unique aspect of the deal):

"As part of the Jackson County Preference Plan, the Kansas City Chiefs will offer Jackson County Taxpayers priority seating privileges usually through a presale opportunity. Jackson County taxpayers, including businesses, with supporting documentation can purchase single game tickets at the Chiefs ticket office.

In April 2006, Jackson County voters approved a 3/8 cent sales tax dedicated to the design and construction of the Arrowhead. The Hunt family and the Chiefs also agreed to provide $75 million to the project at that time. In August 2007, the Hunt family increased their financial commitment by $50 million to $125 million to create an experience at Arrowhead that would be among the best in the NFL.

Jackson County taxpayers enjoy additional benefits as part of their investment in Arrowhead including the right to purchase single game tickets before the general public.

In 2006, an amendment was passed to the team's lease with the county for Arrowhead Stadium. The amendment provides for the maintenance of the stadium through the Jackson County Sports Authority Parking User Fee. Jackson County residents also receive an exemption from the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority "Parking User Fee" which began following the completion of the 2010-2011 Chiefs season."

Might just have to give that a go if they give Jackson County residents first crack.
My husband's company has a suite there I hope they stick with it (they got rid of their Royals and Sporting KC suites a few years ago :( ) because that may be one of my only opportunities to see a game in the near future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter