Mahomes Gets $450 Million

The 25 year old Mahomes just signed 10 year contract extension with The Kansas City Chiefs worth between $450 and $500 MILLION. Giving my 5 year old a football now. Get to work kid!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29418825/sources-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-agree-10-year-extension

Give him a soccer ball instead. Soccer players make more internationally, soccer is much safer and players have a better shot at going professionally. CR7 alone I believe has been paid more than that. ⚽

What part are you referring to?

County taxpayers are funding the stadium improvements through higher sales taxes. Sales taxes are regressive and are hard on lower income residents. Why on earth couldn't the Hunt Family who is worth $15 Billion pay for the entire cost of the stadium improvements? Absolutely outrageous to give government welfare to billionaires that are funded by taxes generate from lower income residents.

County taxpayers are funding the stadium improvements through higher sales taxes. Sales taxes are regressive and are hard on lower income residents. Why on earth couldn't the Hunt Family who is worth $15 Billion pay for the entire cost of the stadium improvements? Absolutely outrageous to give government welfare to billionaires that are funded by taxes generate from lower income residents.
It wasn't just about improvements right then and there. It was designed for improvements over time.

It's not related to Mahomes' salary, which is what your prior comment was about.

We can quibble all day long but it's been 14 years and 13 years respectively, long before Mahomes, and there hasn't been any additional sales tax increases on the taxpayers at this point. The sales tax increase was voted for by the very tax payers you're talking about though I won't make assumptions on their income levels (it passed 53 percent to 47 percent with 93,662 votes); during that same vote they voted down other measures related to the Sports Complex also related to Kauffman Stadium. Don't sell the taxpayers short either. They voted down time and time again over decades efforts to redo the KCI airport because they didn't want to have to pay for it. The main reason it's happening now is taxpayers there aren't paying for it (the vote passed at 75 percent yes).

I'm not disagreeing on burden to taxpayers as a generality it's a tricky situation and way different topic than this thread is about but your understanding of this specific situation isn't quite what happened. Regardless this isn't what the thread was about so back to Mahomes who seems to still be a bit awe-struck at the deal. I heard he checked that Andy was going to be sticking with the Chiefs, even though Andy's contract is up in a few years he says he doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon and he has no problem sticking with the Chiefs (that at least means presently he's not shopping around for some place else).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!