maids

I left $5/nite for the 4 of us (3 teenageers - enough said) at the BC last week - on Sunday I accidentally forgot to leave the tip and thought it was really funny that we didn't get ANY shampoo or soap refills that day!!! The next day I remembered the tip and we got lots! (Never did get any towel animals though)

Yikes! I can see not doing towel decorations if you don't tip, but not providing the necessities? Sheesh!

I've always heard $1/person/night. We go right after Thanksgiving, so we leave $5 (there are 5 of us) plus a little present...a Christmas ornament or a mug...and some bagged candy or a candy bar. My DDs and I made up little cellophane gift bags before the trip. I did see one of our maids one time, and she was so grateful...didn't speak English very well, but kept saying over and over "Thank you! You don't know what you do to me. You make me so happy!"

Sure made US feel good. :)

What a sweet idea.......I love it. The little extra touches mean a lot. We always tipped $1.00 per person too, this year we have our mousekeeping envelopes made, stuffed and ready to go, now maybe a gift bag of candies as well?????

What would you do in this situation? We will be having connecting rooms. 4 of us in 1 room, my mom by herself in the other. I would like to leave the housekeeping tips for both rooms. Should I leave 1 envelope in our room and state that it is for both rooms or should I leave 1 in her room too. Since she is by herself, if I leave one in her room, $1 seems too cheap. Should I then leave $2 in her room and say $4 in our room?

After reading all the posts, does everyone tip each morning? We always left a weekly tip at the end of our trip. I guess we're doing it wrong. I assumed we had the same maid for our entire trip, but now I have second thoughts! Any comments? Please put me on the right track. Thanks!

Not being much of a traveler before we started to go to WDW, I would have been clueless about tipping too! But my DH is one of those stuffy businessmen ;) :D (while I'm home doing Burger King and Wendy's, he's doing spiffy restaurants in NYC :rolleyes: ) and much better versed in hotel etiquette, and yes, you should tip daily. According to the research I've done, $1/person/night seems right, but I think when DH travels alone, he also does $5. And it should be each day because you're not going to get the same maid each and every day.

Now that we've purchased DVC, we'll only have a "trash and towel" day on the 4th day. I'm kind of disappointed we won't be making up those little gift bags! Have to think of another way to spread the cheer. :D

Should I then leave $2 in her room and say $4 in our room?
I think that sounds perfect!

Okay, I am feeling pretty stupid! I will be going next month, where do you leave the tip at? You mentioned envelopes?

I like to leave the tip next to the bed on dresser, (if they're making the bed daily).

If I'm at DVC, we leave it in the kitchen.......

Thanks to everyone for the great advice and suggestions. I am sure maids everywhere will be happy to hear everyone's great ideas!

But if you just leave it by the bed, how do they know it is for them. It there something I should be put in?

I strongly suggest the use of envelopes. I have laid money out for the maids without using envelopes and they have left it in the room.

Thank you! I went to the site and printed out the envelopes. They are really great! We are staying 13 nights, so I have printed out 13 different envelopes. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter