Major League Soccer (MLS) at Walt Disney World

I hated the fake Adidas logo at the center of the field. Couldn’t they have just painted it on the field? It looks terrible.

I thought that the fake logos near the goals weren’t that distracting and the blue screens were fine. Personally, I think not adding fake noise was the right call, but I also know that I’m not the audience. I could see myself watching future games just to have something on in the background.

Agreed that the adidas thing was tacky. I'm wondering if it will always be adidas or change from game to game. Either way not a fan of the huge ad on the field

Indeed the camera angles sucked. Too high and close so that when the action went to either end it created an "arc" (can't think of a better word to describe it). But as a previous poster mentioned, this field is not normally used for broadcasting games. So I'll take what I can get for now.

Also, I would indeed prefer piped in crowd noises. I previously thought it would suck if there was "fake" crowd noise but once I saw it in action with Premier League games, I think it's much better.

On a related note to this, I've been hearing that NBA will likely be piping in crowd noise as even with a delay to allow for sensors to "mute" out profanities, it would mean that a good half of the NBA games would be muted out with the amount of sh*t talking that those players do on the court.

I hate the piped in crowd noise but we all experience things differently. I recently noticed on the NBC Sports app you can turn it on and off.

I see this Revs did a drive in viewing party for their first game. Very unique.

Attachments

• C7121A2F-E3EE-4CD3-841C-62AEB57030C7.png
    C7121A2F-E3EE-4CD3-841C-62AEB57030C7.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 9
I really think "camera 1" is an issue with the arc is because they have those 3 fields side by side all designated as match fields, and the covered bleachers prevent taking the middle field out of play to use for "camera 1" at the right angle because more of it would be blocked. I wish they would show more of the sky-cam on the broadcast instead of the dedicated second screen feed on the ESPN+ app.

The fake Adidas logo at the center of the field is a lot smaller today than it was for the opening game. It looks less terrible, but they really should just paint it on the field.

I hear that it's a FIFA rule or something, but I really don't see why they would care given how ad heavy everything is in MLS, including their ad covered jerseys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter