Making adult cartoons or adult theme animation

old lady

DIS Veteran
Should Disney make more adult oriented animation with more adult themes or violence or action?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should also get rid of the crappy/LAZY animation of the new Mickey Mouse shorts too.

With them buying up FOX, they'll be in that space soon enough.

Yes, while I wouldn't mind if they did more adult themed animation, I do not want them to do it under the Disney or Pixar banners or dedicate any resources under those companies to it. That said, if they do buy Fox and gain assets that suit that kind of output, then by all means, go for it.

Absolutely not! To me it will always be a family oriented company. It would be a complete sell out. I think the entire company would lose respect, and deservedly so, if they went in that direction. I think Walt would be ashamed and embarrassed and it would show complete disrespect for all he stood for if this were to happen. There is already enough adult themed material out there. Leave something solely for families and kids!

Absolutely not! To me it will always be a family oriented company. It would be a complete sell out. I think the entire company would lose respect, and deservedly so, if they went in that direction. I think Walt would be ashamed and embarrassed and it would show complete disrespect for all he stood for if this were to happen. There is already enough adult themed material out there. Leave something solely for families and kids!

To be fair, Disney has made many movies in the past that were not family friendly, though they did so under different banners (Touchstone, Miramax, etc.). This is why I don't necessarily have a problem with them producing adult oriented animation, but I would not want to see it under the Disney or Pixar banner and I would not want them devoting any current resources to it. Now, if they acquire Fox, and all that entails, if they want to task a division of that toward it, hey, I have no issue with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!