Making multiple offers

tom1944

DIS Veteran
Do you make multiple offers on contracts that you are interested in, or do you make one offer at a time?

If you see 2 or more contracts with the same broker, would you make offers on all of them at the same time or in that situation, make an offer at one and wait to hear back?

Thanks

I make an offer on each contract I like. Dont forget you have 10 days to change your mind when accepted. Yes, you can make multiple offers on multiple contracts with the same broker.

They may not like it, but they are obliged to put offers to the sellers.

I always did one at a time but with a time limit. 24 hours or I move on.

I bid on whatever fits my desires. I have had 2 times that 2 contracts were accepted and were too good of a price not to take both. Disney took all of them though, so getting too many points wasn't a problem. Offer and cancel if you get multiple accepted that you don't want to keep.

If they are both new or both lowered, and you dont want to miss out of them, then Id try both. If they've been hanging around for a while, then I'd have to question myself if one (or both) isnt really what I wanted or needed.
That said, if you are looking to put the sellers against each other as a technique, and they both fit your needs, then go for it!

I did multiple offers at the same time, sometimes with the same broker. When I bought a VGF contract from the board sponsor, I let the agent know my residues resort, point range, and UY and he gave me 3 listings that he recommended. Made offers to all 3 at the same time, negotiated on 2 of them, before getting an offer accepted on one.

If they are both new or both lowered, and you dont want to miss out of them, then Id try both. If they've been hanging around for a while, then I'd have to question myself if one (or both) isnt really what I wanted or needed.
That said, if you are looking to put the sellers against each other as a technique, and they both fit your needs, then go for it!

I don't need the points until 2025 so I have time. I see several contracts of interest. Each has a remark that they cannot close until after a certain date. I will not bid until after those dates. I figure it is possible they might already have agreements but since the closing is a future date they still appear.

I don't need the points until 2025 so I have time. I see several contracts of interest. Each has a remark that they cannot close until after a certain date. I will not bid until after those dates. I figure it is possible they might already have agreements but since the closing is a future date they still appear.
You may end up missing those contracts then. You can bid and go through ROFR even if the closing date is way in the future. The sale will not go through until the sellers have completed their trip. If there are agreements already then the broker should not have them listed as available.

Agree with another poster. You will miss those as they will most likely be sold before that time and pulled from the site. I bought a contract a few years ago. Offer made in April, passed ROFR in May, and did not close until late October after the owners completed a vacation that was already booked. I got my closing documents about a week before our scheduled closing date. I did not need the points right away so I did not care about the delayed closing and it gave me a little longer to save up the rest of the money to close without moving money around in my accounts. Depending on ROFR, you could pay more or less by waiting since ROFR could change the price point. If you go through ROFR and the price goes up a lot, you will still get your points for what was agreed to and passed ROFR.

I've mostly done one at a time but last month offered on 2 contracts with the same broker at the same time and one was accepted. If both would have been accepted, I would have purchased both.

If there is an accepted offer on a delayed close, those do not stay on the website. The contract goes to ROFR immediately like any other sale. I’ve been involved in four different ones, two as a buyer, and they did not remain as for sale.

I felt a lot better about waiting for the "perfect" contract to come around - I even had one that had an offer accepted by the time I called, but since I was familiar with the broker, he called me when that deal fell through and I got it at a slightly better price (a little lower than had been previously accepted) as a result. There are a lot of contracts out there and continually coming up for sale, so unless it's special to you in some way, you can afford to wait since you don't need the points right away.

I have never had your patience. I bid on "perfect" contracts and got them, and usually used that as a reason to work in another trip... 😇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter