Mako ??

Cinderella822

DIS Veteran
I was at SW 2 years ago when they were just building Mako and now we're going back in November for a day, mostly just so we can check it out and do our other favorites. How is this coaster? Is it smooth? I don't like the pictures I've seen of the seats as those small restraints scare me. I like the ones that go over your shoulders, so I'm a bit nervous about trying this one out! My husband can't wait though. Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Thanks.

I love Mako! It's one of my favorite coasters in FL (and I think it's very smooth)

I will ride it for the first time next week and I can't wait!!!! I will try to remember to report back.

Mako was absolutely fabulous. I rode it for the first time with my 10 year old back in April and we thought it was one of the best coasters we have ever done. It reminded me of Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg. Mako is a hypercoaster that was built to maximize speed and airtime- and it definitely does. The lap restraints make it much more comfortable than coasters with shoulder restraints, and these restraints really give you that exhilarating feeling of falling.

When I got into my mid-30's, I started to find it hard to ride coasters that are bumpy and jerky. I really don't like wooden coasters at all, and some coasters, like Mystery Mine at Dollywood, are so jerky they make me feel ill. I also don't like things that spin, but I still love heights and drops.

Mako was the perfect coaster for me. My daughter and I rode it three times in a row with no wait over Spring Break- about an hour or so before park close. I could ride it without neck or back pain, and I did not feel ill after riding it three times.

Hope all of you who will be riding it soon enjoy it as much as we did.

Simply put its the best coaster in Florida,I had Montu as the best for years but this one has overtaken it because its highly rerideable as there's no loops or extreme GS,just a lot of drops with pops of airtime.Its similar to Apollos Chariot in Busch Gatrdens Williamsburg or Magnum XL in Cedar Point but much smoother and better.

Ok went on it 18 times today which is a record for us. It's totally smooth with no loops or hard turns, just big hills and fast. No upside down either. There were quite a few people over 50 on it. There was one woman who was there all day riding it. We left at 3:30 and she was still riding it. Crowds are basically nonexistent right now obviously.

Mako is insanely smooth, "amazing and wonderful" according to my hubby. Last time we went I was pregnant and couldn't ride. He LOVES Mako. I can't wait to ride it.

Just came back from a trip that included two partial days at Sea World. My husband and I rode Mako at least 6 times, we both loved it. It's so smooth and you get major air time on some of those hills, it felt like I was flying out of my seat. I was also amazed that there were no lines when we were there, we pretty much walked on every time. Loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts