Mama Melrose Dinner Review

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
DH and I just returned from WDW using the dining plan. Our TS's included: Tony's (Lunch), Grand Floridian Cafe (Dinner), Chef Mickey's (Breakfast), Le Cellier (Dinner), and Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package). I'm going to try to do one review at a time.

Mama Melrose, July 21

Our reservation was for 5:50pm and was part of the Fantasmic Dinner package. We arrived around 5:35 and the lobby was busy. We saw some people without ADR's being turned away. We were seated pretty quickly though (we noticed this was a trend though, I guess since we were a party of 2). Our server was Tony, and he was nice but seemed really busy. The package was explained to us and when we mentioned they could keep the salad because neither of us like salad, he was nice enough to offer us soup instead. So we each had a bowl of Minestrone soup which was okay, and the bread with Mickey butter. We got the four cheese flatbread, which we both enjoyed. By now we were full and our food hadn't even arrived!

For dinner I had the wood grilled chicken, which was good, but way too much! DH had the chicken parmesean, and he said it was good. For dessert, we each had the honey hazelnut and ricotta cheesecake. It was yummy, but we were stuffed and should have just shared one, since we ended up leaving large portions of ours.

The restaurant didn't seem to busy once we were seated. At one time all the tables on either side of us (all down the row) were empty. We enjoyed our food and could eat here again.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. DH and I will be doing the Fantasmic Pkg at MM for the first time at Thanksgiving. Nice to see a good review.

Do they not offer the italian bread with the 2 sauces (Pesto & Sun dried tomato)? prior to your meal? I noticed you said bread with mickey butter. I love the breads with the dips.

Thanks for your reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter