Man Utd Soccer School

gaila

Earning My Ears
For anyone with footie mad kids this is a must!

We had some trouble getting booked up before we went as you have to book through your travel agent (we went independently).

Our 11 year old son thought it was great - he goes on other football training courses in school hols etc but said this was better then anything else he'd done.

Forget the fact that it is Man Utd (we are Newcastle supporters)
book them on to a two and a half hour session either am or pm (I think they no longer run the midday one).

They get a video of a Man Utd game to watch as everone arrives, then they watch two dvd's about skills and playing like 'the champions' - (or brainwashing them into being Man U supporters). They then go out onto the all weather pitch to warm up before doing skills training and a match. Finally they do the test zone which covers accuracy, speed & penalties.

On completion they get a certificate to take away. This costs 25 euros and is well worth the money according to my son.

There were plenty of places available probably beacause the actual centre isn't well advertised. It is situated right behind the Sequoia Lodge at La Marina a little lakeside place. You can pay cash at the SL but they only accept credit cards at the training centre itself.

The coaches are mainly English but spoke fluent French and some other languages. There were girls and boys from all countries there and all seemed to have had a wonderful time.

Gail

Hi Gaila :p

Its not about the soccer school my boys are too young yet, but I see you stayed at the dream castle.

What was it like ?
I'm torn between here and the Holiday Inn.

Can you remember what English channels were on the t.v's in the room or if there were pay movies ?

Last time we went we stayed at The Sequoia and the channels were awful. One childrens and one news channel.
Its nice to be able to watch a bit of tv in the evenings when the children are asleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter