Managing the Dis on mobile

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi friends. Not sure where the best place is to post this. I am a dis-addict, especially this (TPAS) board. Over the past few months, my mobile interface (iPhone 6) with this site has become almost unuseable. It constantly freezes and reloads, and forget trying to comment or post- it is virtually impossible. :sad:

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I need my Dis-fix!

Thanks!!

I have a similar problem but mine is virus related, have had a few virus problems on my mobile with this site and no others and now have to use tablet or computer to check. However I do have a problem on the tablet now as well with this site being so slow to load and just very frustrating so am mostly stuck with computer at moment!

Dont know what I will do on our trip next month as I really want to check the DIS but wont have the computer. I used the exact same portable devices constantly on vacation last year with no problems. Both these problems have occurred in the last two months or so.

I have an iPhone 5se and I use the Ghostery app to log onto the Dis. It is great and it blocks almost all the advertising. :)

I have this same problem. But it's not all the time. But some adds and I think some threads that have a lot of photos or videos. And sometimes she. I'm trying to respond to popular threads. I also have an iphone6

I have been using the Ghostery app since finding out about it here and so far so good, huge improvement

I don't have any major issues. Maybe you just need to clear you cache/cookies.
Doesn't fix the issue. It's a shame there isn't a better interface. I think it takes using an adblocker of some sort to make it usable. And since the site relies on ad revenue, most of us hate doing that. I am fine using AdBlockPlus on my desktop, but haven't figured out how to block ads yet on my Galaxy S5 without changing browsers. I might end up doing that because the site is almost unusable on my phone.

Doesn't fix the issue. It's a shame there isn't a better interface. I think it takes using an adblocker of some sort to make it usable. And since the site relies on ad revenue, most of us hate doing that. I am fine using AdBlockPlus on my desktop, but haven't figured out how to block ads yet on my Galaxy S5 without changing browsers. I might end up doing that because the site is almost unusable on my phone.
Have you tried downloading a different browser on your phone? I'm an iPhone user and I've never had a huge issue so I don't know what else to say.

Have you tried downloading a different browser on your phone? I'm an iPhone user and I've never had a huge issue so I don't know what else to say.
My research says that's what I need to do. I was just hoping for more reviews on the Samsung browser that's recommended for ad control before making the switch. But I'll probably end up just jumping and hoping for the best.

I'm pretty sure it's the video ads which sometimes run at the bottom of the page. If I get static ads things work ok. The videos slow things down to a crawl and make posting difficult if not impossible at times. Sometimes while on the Dis my phone gets super hot.

I use safari on an iPhone 6s. No other mobile sites I frequent are this bad. I'm sure a different device/browser or ad block would help but should not be necessary.

I'm pretty sure it's the video ads which sometimes run at the bottom of the page. If I get static ads things work ok. The videos slow things down to a crawl and make posting difficult if not impossible at times. Sometimes while on the Dis my phone gets super hot.

I use safari on an iPhone 6s. No other mobile sites I frequent are this bad. I'm sure a different device/browser or ad block would help but should not be necessary.
That sounds about right. The problem didn't start until they added those videos. If they were smart, they would ditch the videos. If all it does is send people looking for adblockers, they're defeating their own best interests.

The DIS is definitely a total mess on mobiles. I have a Nexus 6p and use Google Chrome as browser. The forum used to be absolutely unusable because everything was lagging.

As soon as I turned on my adblocker all the problems went away and the site runs flawless now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter