Mapquest changed my route! I-95 tolls question...

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I've driven to Orlando from Atlanta about 6 times and this is the first time I got driving directions from Mapquest and the route is totally changed!

Instead of sending me down I-75S forEVER, I have routed onto I-10E to I-95S... :confused: ... I don't know why???

Anyway, I think I will try it.

Does anyone know what the tolls are on I-95 from Jacksonville to Orlando??

Thanks!

Hi, Robin!!

Lauri and I have driven down I-95 from Richmond through Jacksonville to Orlando and there are no tolls anywhere on that route.

How did Mapquest give you THAT route??? That seems like it would be very out of the way. I would think that taking I-75 down to the Florida Turnpike would be the most direct and fastest route, unless you're trying to avoid a toll road.

0$$ tolls on I-95. Maybe that is exactly what they are doing--trying to avoid any tolls(?)

Hi, Matt! Yeah, I thought it was kind of strange also, so I used two or three different locations in Orlando and all three used that new route. Hmmmmm....

The only good thing about it is the unending 400 or so miles on I-75 is now broken up. The mileage is about the same and so is "their time" (which is NEVER my time!) so I wonder if it's like Uncleromulus said that they're trying to give routes with no tolls. The tolls on the Fla Turnpike were more annoying than expensive, I hate the stops!

Well, we'll see how this goes. I'm actually looking forward to a change in scenery.

Thanks, guys!

I always get routes from Yahoo maps, Mapquest and Expedia maps -- all three always show completely different routes ! Usually only Yahoo even gets me from my house to the highway in a way that makes sense. Last trip to Philadelphia, we were taken from a point south of the city all the way through the city itself to go to a hotel ONE block off the Interstate. Now we print the directions and use them as a starting point, comparing the directions to a map ourselves. For our next WDW trip, all three showed different ways to get from our first night hotel to the Polynesian ! Sort of makes me feel the spirit of adventure before the vacation even starts !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter