Marathon: Parking as a spectator

emory2001

Earning My Ears
Please excuse all the detail in this post. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible on race day.

My husband is running the marathon. He has run several but not Disney before. Our two 7-year olds and I have ChEAR Gold packages, with reserved seating at Magic Kingdom when he runs through Cinderella's Castle and reserved seating at the Finish Line. I am struggling to figure out how we will get to both, with road closures, gaps in bus service times, etc.

We are staying at the Dolphin. I know there is a break in the bus service to Epcot from 5-7 a.m. I really don't want to haul the kids out at 4:30 a.m. for a bus to Epcot, to get on the monorail to Magic Kingdom, then wait 2 hours until he runs through the Castle (he is in one of the last corrals, running a 11 min mile, so it will be a long time before he gets there).

I'll have my own car because we live in Orlando, and paying for parking isn't an issue because we have Disney Annual Passes. Will I be able to park at the Transportation Center for Magic Kingdom at about 6:00 a.m.? Or will road closures keep me from getting there? If I can do that, I'll have plenty of time after his Magic Kingdom run to drive back to the Dolphin hotel, park my car, and by that time the regular daily bus service will have begun, and take the bus to Epcot, OR (per my other post) see him also in Wide World of Sports, before heading to Epcot.

I appreciate any and all ideas.

Last edited:
I am not sure what time they will close World Dr to vehicle traffic. I would not be surprised to see it very very early as they need to place all of the support personnel and props into place. The runners will also be on World Dr by 5:35 heading to the MK

I can tell you it is fun running thru this in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!