Marathon Weekend 2018

I'd really love to see some of the Disney Afternoon characters. Of course Gadget and the other Rescue Rangers but also the Gummi Bears, Bonkers, Pilot Baloo, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Scrooge, Launchpad McQuack, Darkwing Duck, the animated Mighty Ducks...

Now that I'm typing this out, it would be amazing if they made the half totally duck themed and threw in Ludwig Von Drake as well.

I would love to see anything Star Wars or anything Toy Story. I am hoping to stop for more character pics this time around. Last time I only stopped once during my first marathon and that was for The Incredibles - I was dressed as Mrs. Incredible, so I had to stop for that one!

My fave race photo ever was from the DL half in 2014 and it was Malificent, Cruella de Vil, and Dr Facilier. The character interaction was incredible too! There was another stop that had the Queen of Hearts and Evil Queen too, but the line was too long and I didn't want to stop again. They do villains right in DL!

I want to see Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather from Sleeping Beauty again. I got them at Wine and Dine in 2012 and almost cried when I saw them. It was a night race and the electric parade floats were lit up behind them coming out of AK - totally magical.

I'd really love to see some of the Disney Afternoon characters. Of course Gadget and the other Rescue Rangers but also the Gummi Bears, Bonkers, Pilot Baloo, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Scrooge, Launchpad McQuack, Darkwing Duck, the animated Mighty Ducks...

Now that I'm typing this out, it would be amazing if they made the half totally duck themed and threw in Ludwig Von Drake as well.
That would be awesome!

Pilot Baloo makes me remember Kit Cloudkicker and Rebecca Cunningham as well. We need some Talespin!

Love the idea of seeing villains or characters you don't see very often. I loved getting my picture taken with Oswald during the marathon and I lost my mind when I saw Chip and Dale dressed as Rescue Rangers when I ran the castaway cay challenge 5k. Really hoping to see Darkwing Duck this year at marthon weekend!

We are here at Disney right now and it is getting me super pumped for marathon weekend!

Great question! The Great Mouse Detective is one of my favourite Disney movies but it's so underrated and forgotten that Disney doesn't even have the costumes for those characters (at least I've never seen the characters come out in any park). Basil, Dawson, Olivia and Hiram Flaversham and Ratigan all together would make a great photo. .
Oh I love the Great Mouse Detective too, that would be great, I have a feeling many people would be clueless on who they were so maybe a short line.

Gadget, Zipper and Monterrey Jack from Rescue Rangers
That would be awesome!

and Dumbo
Yep, Dumbo is my top pick for sure!

Dream finder

The hyenas

Characters from Hunchback

Oswald
love all these ideas!

Disney Afternoon all the way I agree! Ludwig would be awesome, I know I've seen him in a pic on a trip report by @Ariel484

Can I please request some opinions on what to do for Proof of Time?

We ran our POT 10K for the 1/2 marathon yesterday and we had a VERY rough race. Even though we usually average much faster we ended up slower than the same 10K last year. When we used Last years POT, we got in corral N (Less than or equal to 3:05), so only O&P were behind us.

Is it better to put in last years POT and get similar corral? Or should we leave off POT and put in something closer to where we actually think we we be (Closer to the 2:45)? Does one give us better odds of the higher corral?

Thanks!

Happy Sunday!

Today’s Sundays are for Disney question:

What character would you most like to see at a runDisney race?

No one in particular but I do like when they have a rarer character or ones in different costumes. I'm still kicking myself for not stopping for Colonial Mickey during the 5K in January and for some reason I think Space Goofy may have been out during that race too. Seems like they might have more of those type of characters during the shorter races.

Happy Sunday!

Today’s Sundays are for Disney question:

What character would you most like to see at a runDisney race?

I would freak my freak if I could see any of the Gummi Bears.

open-uri20150422-12561-smz97i_408fa731.jpeg

Can I please request some opinions on what to do for Proof of Time?

We ran our POT 10K for the 1/2 marathon yesterday and we had a VERY rough race. Even though we usually average much faster we ended up slower than the same 10K last year. When we used Last years POT, we got in corral N (Less than or equal to 3:05), so only O&P were behind us.

Is it better to put in last years POT and get similar corral? Or should we leave off POT and put in something closer to where we actually think we we be (Closer to the 2:45)? Does one give us better odds of the higher corral?

Thanks!

Tough call. I’d submit last years POT and enter 2:45 and hope for the best.

I think leaving off a POT simply increases your odds of being in the last corral.

Brian

I wouldn't mind seeing Darkwing again. First Marathon I did with Disney had him but I would love to get another photo since I didn't see him.

And I know this is more of a princess weekend theme but the princes. I can't come out twice a year so the only photos I have with them from Princess is when I was 70 pounds heavier.

I have a couple of friends who would seriously lose it if Figment was out. Not that they themselves would be coming for the race weekend.

Has anyone out there been placed by Disney in a non-last corral by entering only an anticipated finish time -- without submitting a proof of time? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter