Marathon Weekend 2018

This post may reflect a wisdom deficiency. This is probably the only audience that would appreciate it. I hope it provides some levity to your day. I hope.

Below is a Photopass picture taken during the half at the castle exit. The left side could be poster for RunDisney - two friends (sisters?), smiling, colorful attire (Anna and Elsa?), enjoying the run, arm in arm. The right side reflects something much different. What in the world is that old man thinking? Is he being chased? Is he falling over? He looks startled or disturbed.

Regardless, I probably ruined it for the girls. Maybe they can crop me out. I guess I need to be more conscientious and accommodating to others for key photopass locations.

LOL. I totally ruined someone's castle photo too. A few people turned left off the path and a volunteer was shouting something, and I panicked trying to figure out where to go. If the person whose photo I ruined is reading this, my apologies! :)

I leap frogged with a guy in a full on heavy weight stitch suit, that I couldn't believe kept the thing on the whole time. I had to ask by the boardwalk how he wasn't dying of the heat. He said he felt great and that he was proud he kept the hood up the whole time too. I would have passed out. That was probably the most unique.

I did however encounter some things that put the nerves on edge. At mile 2 of the marathon there was a runner down surrounded by bike attendants. Appeared she tripped over a lane reflectors and went down hard by the conversation in passing. Then there was an ambulance headed into MK as I was headed out at mile 6. Left me with an eerie feeling for awhile.

If we are talking about the same girl, she fell just in front of me. She was running along and suddenly took a hard, rolling fall. The poor girl jumped back up and started running again, but she had friends with her checking on her and convincing her to stop and get checked out. I can totally see how that could happen, it was so dark. I had stumbled a bit on one of the lane markers just a few minutes before.

If we are talking about the same girl, she fell just in front of me. She was running along and suddenly took a hard, rolling fall. The poor girl jumped back up and started running again, but she had friends with her checking on her and convincing her to stop and get checked out. I can totally see how that could happen, it was so dark. I had stumbled a bit on one of the lane markers just a few minutes before.

Could be, hope all were okay. They were definitely not as hellacious as the lane markers at DL races but definitely concerning. I spent alot of time running looking at my feet in that section.

Great article @rteetz :)

So yesterday, I stupidly forgot to take my Princess Half car magnet and WDW marathon magnet off my car before I went through a car wash. When I got home I saw that both had been washed away! I immediately called the carwash, but they said they couldn't find them! I knew you guys would get my sadness about this.
giphy.gif

So yesterday, I stupidly forgot to take my Princess Half car magnet and WDW marathon magnet off my car before I went through a car wash. When I got home I saw that both had been washed away! I immediately called the carwash, but they said they couldn't find them! I knew you guys would my sadness about this.
giphy.gif
I was JUST thinking about this yesterday when I noticed how dirty my car was and was like "mental note take off your C2C magnet when you get it washed."

I'm sorry you lost yours!!! :(

So yesterday, I stupidly forgot to take my Princess Half car magnet and WDW marathon magnet off my car before I went through a car wash. When I got home I saw that both had been washed away! I immediately called the carwash, but they said they couldn't find them! I knew you guys would get my sadness about this.
giphy.gif
Oh man that sucks. I had that happen with my antenna topper that I forgot about.

Going through my photos closer & my castle photos are funny, I have good ones luckily, but what's strange it there's a lady behind me in 2, then all of sudden she's ahead of me with arms out...I don't even remember her rushing ahead of me at the time.

Great article @rteetz! I know someone who tried to do Test Track but it was down, I wonder if anyone got on it. Rides just sounds so risky to me, but love seeing others do them.

giphy.gif
Oh no, I'm so sorry, that is sad!

Just catching up from the race weekend. Here are my highlights and lowlights:
-The cold was stunk for having 4 kids trying to get some vacation time. Especially the Wednesday 35 degree downpour.
-I actually bought pants in Omaha to go to Florida for vacation-crazy. And ran in pants for the first time in a couple of years.
-Made RunDisney twitter during the 5k while posing with Jiminy Cricket!
-Really enjoyed the 10k, but was trying to take it easy since I wasn't confident in how the marathon would go since I didn't get a true Dopey simulation weekend in.
-Ran the half with my wife. She gave birth 5 months ago and was able to train and get it done in 2:24 even with picture stops. She is a champ!
-This was the 11 year anniversary of our first RunDisney race and 10 year anniversary of my first marathon.
-Met Lee Hoedl, who makes great youtube videos of Marathon weekend, on marathon morning. I thanked him for the inspiration I always get from the videos.
-Loved the Sport beans. Can't believe they ran out-that is poor planning.
-I actually enjoy the Bear Island Road portion of the course. Especially this year.
-Tried to take a selfie with the extinct attraction ride vehicles. Wish they had a photographer out there.
-LOVED Hathaway Brown and Otis Wren from Adventurers Club. Kungaloosh! Either that or Oswald was my favorite photo stop
-Entering AK, I noticed my phone was down to 19% battery life. So, I had to turn it off. Then it ran out and I lost ability to tell my wife I was ahead of schedule.
-I called her using a volunteers phone (thanks to him!). We typically like seeing the kids around mile 16, 20 and 23. Great boosts at the end of the race. I asked for her to be at exit of DHS only. Unfortunately, I beat her there. I got a little emotional missing them, but told her I would see her at finish line instead.
-Finished in 4:07. Back in the summer I was hoping to top my PR. Training wasn't great with new baby and back issues, so I was 20 minutes short, but happy with it. The main goal was to run the whole time and enjoy the last 6 miles. Mission accomplished!
-Overall a fun week, but tiring. Congrats to all other participants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter