marathon Weekend 2019....crowds, strategies if you just want to see parks.

gzh6464

Mouseketeer
Planning on being in WDW Fri-Sun of marathon weekend '19. If you are not running what is the best strategy to be able to hit the 4 parks and see the major attractions in a setting of having the marathon/half marathon going on.... I assume this is a very crowded weekend.

Also when do these races typically finish and how do they effect park flow while they are taking place. Which parks to avoid which day (half marathon saturday/marathon sunday).

Planning on being in WDW Fri-Sun of marathon weekend '19. If you are not running what is the best strategy to be able to hit the 4 parks and see the major attractions in a setting of having the marathon/half marathon going on.... I assume this is a very crowded weekend.

Also when do these races typically finish and how do they effect park flow while they are taking place. Which parks to avoid which day (half marathon saturday/marathon sunday).
Friday is the 10K and pretty much everything should be cleared out before the parks open.

All races finish at the Epcot parking lot. Travel times to MK or Epcot the mornings of the half or full can be a bit long so maybe avoid those parks those days? Although once everyone is through MK that is good to go as well. The park crowds themselves aren't too crazy usually but don't expect them to be dead either. The half starts at Epcot, runs through MK, and then back to Epcot. The full starts at Epcot, runs to MK, then to AK, then to DHS, and finishes at Epcot. The full won't finish until roughly 2-3 PM. If using buses during Saturday and Sunday pack patience and the possibility that it could take extra time to get to places.

Friday is the 10K and pretty much everything should be cleared out before the parks open.

All races finish at the Epcot parking lot. Travel times to MK or Epcot the mornings of the half or full can be a bit long so maybe avoid those parks those days? Although once everyone is through MK that is good to go as well. The park crowds themselves aren't too crazy usually but don't expect them to be dead either. The half starts at Epcot, runs through MK, and then back to Epcot. The full starts at Epcot, runs to MK, then to AK, then to DHS, and finishes at Epcot. The full won't finish until roughly 2-3 PM. If using buses during Saturday and Sunday pack patience and the possibility that it could take extra time to get to places.

Thank you for this information. We will be going to Disney January 5-12, before my dd goes back to school.
We plan on Epcot on Wednesday, January 10, this should be fine with the races, is that correct?
However, I have Animal Kingdom booked for Friday, January 11. Will there be a full race running through there and is there expected to be
extra traffic to AK?

Thank you very much!

Thank you for this information. We will be going to Disney January 5-12, before my dd goes back to school.
We plan on Epcot on Wednesday, January 10, this should be fine with the races, is that correct?
However, I have Animal Kingdom booked for Friday, January 11. Will there be a full race running through there and is there expected to be
extra traffic to AK?

Thank you very much!
Epcot should be fine on Wednesday. There are no events that day.

Friday is the 10K. The 10K only encompasses Epcot and the Boardwalk area. I wouldn't expect any issues getting to AK.

So correct me if I'm wrong.

The 10k takes place Friday and only effects EPCOT. Typical 10k even the walkers should be done before or near the start of park opening at EPCOT with a 5:30 start time.

The half takes place Saturday and goes thru MK and EP. If people start at or around 5:30 with a min 16 min pace even walkers need to be done in 3.5 hours so MK shouldn't be effected at opening of day but there will still be runners as the opening hours of EP going through the park.

The full marathon is Sunday and goes through all four parks. While most runners should be thru MK before the park opens the other three parks will have runners going through them well after park opening (with a minimum 16 min pace)

So correct me if I'm wrong.

The 10k takes place Friday and only effects EPCOT. Typical 10k even the walkers should be done before or near the start of park opening at EPCOT with a 5:30 start time.

The half takes place Saturday and goes thru MK and EP. If people start at or around 5:30 with a min 16 min pace even walkers need to be done in 3.5 hours so MK shouldn't be effected at opening of day but there will still be runners as the opening hours of EP going through the park.

The full marathon is Sunday and goes through all four parks. While most runners should be thru MK before the park opens the other three parks will have runners going through them well after park opening (with a minimum 16 min pace)
Correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter