It's true, I took my first ever nap at Disney this year during Dopey. It was so weird the Monday after the marathon getting up at a reasonable time. I will always say I feel the sleep is harder than the actual running during Dopey.

Yeah.
I keep thinking I'm going to be okay because I'm used to getting up early to run ... except I get up at 5 now, not 3 like I have to at Disney. And I have trouble getting up at 5.
It's been a few years for me ... I think I've forgotten how much I hate those early wakeups.

Yeah.
I keep thinking I'm going to be okay because I'm used to getting up early to run ... except I get up at 5 now, not 3 like I have to at Disney. And I have trouble getting up at 5.
It's been a few years for me ... I think I've forgotten how much I hate those early wakeups.
Yep, and then being at Disney you don't want to go back to the room at 7PM to go to bed. The struggles of a Disney runner!

On hotels...

Anyone stay at AKL for Marathon Weekend?

What about BLT?

We are going to reserve SSR and switch to AKL at 7mo and hope that we have a chance at waitlisting BLT. We're aiming for a 2br with the possibility of a 1br. Just waiting on ILs to give us permission to play with their DVC act...

It's true, I took my first ever nap at Disney this year during Dopey. It was so weird the Monday after the marathon getting up at a reasonable time. I will always say I feel the sleep is harder than the actual running during Dopey.

This is so true. I'm pretty sure I took naps Saturday and Sunday when I did the Dopey. And waking up at 7:00 a.m. the Monday after felt like sleeping in until noon. Even though I think one of the years on the Monday after I still woke up at 4 a.m. in a panic that I was late.

On hotels...

What about BLT?

I really like BLT for race weekends, but I'll admit it is our DVC home resort, so I may be biased. Walking to and from the Magic Kingdom is an awesome benefit - especially after the marathon. California Grill can be a great celebration meal (brunch or dinner) and having it a short walk and elevator ride away is awesome. Lastly, depending on the size of your group the 'bonus bathroom' in one and two-bedroom units can be good to have.

And you didn't mention this reason, but I suggest not choosing a resort just for the monorail. I've found it doesn't run for all races, there have been maintenance issues before and some people don't like the hassle of going through security post race to board the monorail.

On hotels...

What about BLT?

We are going to reserve SSR and switch to AKL at 7mo and hope that we have a chance at waitlisting BLT. We're aiming for a 2br with the possibility of a 1br. Just waiting on ILs to give us permission to play with their DVC act...
I did BLT this year and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!