We usually don't make too many ADRs but this time we've made one for every day! We're trying 4 new to us restaurants this year which is killer since we've been going to Disney since the 1980s

Wed-Arrival Day...nothing yet. Us ladies won't be getting to BLT until probably 7:30p and don't want to make a reservation that we will miss.
Thurs-Narcoosee's dinner. Originally wanted this for post-marathon but couldn't find a decent time then. This is a new to us restaurant!
Friday-Ohana Breakfast post 10K, this is one of our favorite meals. We didn't like Ohana dinner. BOG dinner, excited to try this-especially with the new menu. I may even try escargot!
Saturday-Via Napoli pre marathon tradition! Hope our waiter is better than last year.
Sunday-Marathon celebration at California Grill! Excited to try this and also excited that DD2 likes the menu.
Monday-Sci-Fi lunch, excited to try this as we never were into it when we travelled as a family of 5 because of the seating arrangements.
Tuesday-Rose & Crown late enough for Illuminations! This is a favorite of ours but we've never been for Illuminations!

I honestly don't see taking anything away or changing it up. I kinda like how I've planned two TS meals on Friday to force myself to slow down and conserve prior to marathon.

My ADR day was today and I surprisingly got everything I wanted at the exact times I wanted. It took 12 minutes to book everything on the app. I went back to sleep at called at 10:30 to book Cinderella and got it no problem.

Friday:
‘Ohana Dinner. Have never eaten here for dinner and we’re staying at Poly. Just looking for a low key night as that’s our arrival day. Definitely a trip to Trader Sam’s after.

Saturday: Le Cellier earrrrrly dinner. I like steak as my dinner before a race and I’ll eat the leftovers for pre-race breakfast

Sunday: Nothing planned. First marathon so not sure how I’ll feel. My post-race tradition is always Brown Derby Lounge and DHS does have evening EMH so maybe that. Also thinking just bar hopping at Disney Springs as a possibility.

Monday: Tiffins dinner. One of our favorites. A pre-dinner stop at Nomad as well.

Tuesday: Coral Reef lunch and La Hacienda dinner. Coral Reef was a special request from DH. We’ve only been once and enjoyed it. La Hacienda is one of my absolute favorite places.

Wednesday: California Grill dinner. Still #1 in my heart.

Thursday: Cinderella’s Royal Table breakfast and Citricos dinner. DH has never been to CRT and I really enjoyed breakfast there last summer. We have only been to Citricos while on the Highway in the Sky Dine Around and I still have dreams about that short rib.

Friday: Rose and Crown dinner. This is our last night and probably last trip for a few years. There’s nothing I enjoy more than sitting outside with a Bumblebee and watching Illuminations, so it’s the perfect way to cap off the week.

SAFD: No ADRs for me. When I fly solo I usually don’t do much table service. There’s plenty of good counter service for me. On occasion, if I’m feeling something in particular I’ll walk up and see if the restaurant has space for a single. If not, no biggie. In my 3 Marathon Weekends I think I’ve done 1 table service, a walk up to Chefs de France.

ADR day for me was Thursday, and thanks to the dogs barking at rabbits in the yard at 4:15 am I started making them at 5 am. Trying a lot of new places this trip.

Wednesday: Boma for breakfast and Chef Art Smith for dinner.
Thursday: Be Our Guest for breakfast and Tony’s for late lunch
Friday: via Napoli for early dinner
Saturday: Yak and Yeti for lunch
Sunday: Coral Reef for dinner, but debating trying to change to Crystal Palace for more variety. The problem with being solo is it is hard to take character photos there.

I made our ADRs yesterday morning, and finished in 15 minutes These are all going to be new restaurants for us to experience and we are excited to try them!

We have: Morimoto Asia
Flying Fish
Sanaa
Via Napoli
50’s Prime Time
Crystal Palace breakfast
Be our Guest
After Fireworks Dessert Party

Did you hear about their changes? Probably for the better if it does create a truly seasonal menu that hasn’t been around for ages.

No. What are they changing? We've had different menus almost every time we go there.

No. What are they changing? We've had different menus almost every time we go there.

Menu Style- Victoria & Albert’s offers a Chef Degustation Tasting menu with a vast array of textures and flavors. Our menu is seasonal as Chef Scott, Chef Aimee along with the culinary team are on a quest of always finding the perfect balance between classic and modern touches. Allow at least 3 hours for the dining experience. On average, the menu will be between 8 and 12 courses. The amount of courses may change based on the size of some of the culinary creations.

Pricing – Menu price is $235.00 per person (for food only) not including supplement items, alcoholic beverages, gratuities or taxes. A wine pairing is also available upon request at a price of $150.00 per person.

I'm hoping this means there will be real changes from night to night. I'm going in September with my mother and I'm debating if I:m keeping the Queen Victoria Room in November with my husband. There was a period of time where it felt like the bulk of the menu didn't change a ton outside of a couple of the options (usually the first couple of courses) which is one of the reasons why we stopped going there as much.

Menu Style- Victoria & Albert’s offers a Chef Degustation Tasting menu with a vast array of textures and flavors. Our menu is seasonal as Chef Scott, Chef Aimee along with the culinary team are on a quest of always finding the perfect balance between classic and modern touches. Allow at least 3 hours for the dining experience. On average, the menu will be between 8 and 12 courses. The amount of courses may change based on the size of some of the culinary creations.

Pricing – Menu price is $235.00 per person (for food only) not including supplement items, alcoholic beverages, gratuities or taxes. A wine pairing is also available upon request at a price of $150.00 per person.

I'm hoping this means there will be real changes from night to night. I'm going in September with my mother and I'm debating if I:m keeping the Queen Victoria Room in November with my husband. There was a period of time where it felt like the bulk of the menu didn't change a ton outside of a couple of the options (usually the first couple of courses) which is one of the reasons why we stopped going there as much.

Thanks. I doubt it'll change much night to night. I read seasonal to be changes every few months, which is pretty much what they were doing, I think. In any case, if you want a fun and different menu in the QV room, ask for the vegan menu. My wife gets it every time and it's never the same thing from visit to visit.

SAFD: Our window opened yesterday so I made a couple.
Sunday after marathon: Beaches & Cream. We’ve eaten there after both our previous marathons so far so keeping the tradition.
Monday: lunch at Via Napoli after/during DATW
Tuesday: BOG lunch

Question about gift cards:
I am thinking of buying Disney Gift Cards from Target (hello 5% off!) to use for my Dopey registration. Does anyone know if I get the emailed version, am I able to do the same transfer on the Disney Gift Card site to put them all on one card so I can use it?

(No, my small town doesn't have a Target and the closest one is an hour away.)

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Anyone got anything exciting coming up this week? ;)

I think ADR windows should be open for all of us doing marathon weekend, so this week for Sundays are for Disney, let's talk dining. If you care to share, what ADRs did you make? Feel free to note any special meals, post-race celebrations, etc.

We're doing the Disney Dining Plan and I tried to have a table service meal each day. My plan was also to try some new places and get out of the parks a little bit for dining.

Tuesday: 50s Prime Time Cafe - first time trying this out. Sounded like fun for our half day in HS.
Wednesday: Yak and Yeti - this has been on our wishlist for a few years now. Excited to try it out.
Thursday: Trail's End - another first. I'm looking forward to checking out Fort Wilderness. Disney Tourist Blog rated this really high.
Friday: Restaurant Marrakesh - honestly, I could take it or leave it, but my wife loves it.
Saturday: Boatrights - we're staying at POR and I really want to try this, but I'm a little nervous about doing cajun food the night before the marathon, TBH.
Sunday: Ohana - post-marathon celebration. My family's favorite place to eat at WDW.
Monday: Boma - another first for us. Really excited for this one.

That's it for me. Looking forward to seeing your responses. Have a good week and good luck with registration, everyone!

I ate at Boatwrights the evening of my redeye arrival at Disney World for 2017 Dark Side. While I was not running the 5K the next morning, I enjoyed Boatwrights quite a bit and I was obviously exhausted. I had jambalaya from French Quarter the night before the Dark Side Half this year and did just fine. I love Disney cajun food though. I almost always eat at Cafe Orleans in Disneyland when I'm down there. You can always try cajun spiced food the night before training runs to see how it goes.

As a sort of side note, I love Riverside. It's my favorite moderate. The only reason I chose French Quarter over Riverside for marathon weekend was because of the one bus stop at French Quarter. Riverside truly felt like an entirely different world after the parks and races. If French Quarter had been full, I would have taken Riverside happily.

I only made two ADRs since the rest are with friends.

Wednesday- Homecomin’

Thursday- Tiffins

Two of my absolute favorite locations on property.
Tiffins may be my new favorite Disney World dining location. So, so good. I like to do one table service per day usually because the guaranteed time sitting down especially when I have to balance resting my legs vs going stir crazy in the resort before race(s).

Wednesday- no reservations. While I'm now probably arriving on Tuesday instead of insanely early Wednesday morning, I like to keep arrival day free to see what I feel like as the day goes on. Going for more of the tried and true this trip on account of knowing what works before races.

Thursday- Tiffins Rivers of Light lunch. I normally do dinner here, but in order to fit Tiffins in amidst my other plans, I chose to place it the day of the 5K if I run Dopey.

Friday- Skipper Canteen dinner. I did dinner here the night before the 2017 Dark Side 10K and loved it. Worked well so it's a safe and fun choice.

Saturday- Mama Melrose lunch. Something about pasta as a comfort food before a half. Early lunch and a light dinner.

Sunday- Spice Road Table late dinner for Illuminations. This is new for me. I'm hearing good reviews and love the idea of sitting down and eating while waiting for Illuminations after the marathon. I am kicking around a 3:30ish late lunch after the marathon, but since I anticipate finishing around 1:00pm or so, that idea may not work.

Monday- Be Our Guest dinner. Waiting for reviews on the new menu, but I have loved this place in the past. It helps that Beauty and the Beast is my second favorite animated movie. I am also considering Liberty Tree Tavern and may do the fireworks dessert party. Maybe. See Tuesday.

Tuesday- Le Cellier lunch. This will be my official post marathon celebration meal. I love it, but found after the 2017 Dark Side Half that I love it a whole lot more when I'm not eating there the day of a race. I chose lunch because the tentative plan is to head to Hollywood Studios for the Star Wars dessert party, which should be long enough after lunch that I get my money's worth.

My ADRS
Thursday: BOG lunch (such a good deal for quick service!!!)
Friday: Lunch Dine with Imagineer- Brown Derby
Saturday: Lunch Via Napoli
Sunday: leaving this open- not sure I will feel or how hungry- likely walking around the world
Monday: Hubby's B-day- Kona Cafe breakfast, Boathouse for Dinner with Amphicar ride after
Others: Trader's Sams, AOA build your pasta, Satu'li Canteen (in Pandora- so yummy!!), Dole Whips, Mickey Ice cream Bar, Grand Mariner Slushy

Dinner tonight is not going to taste as good....dreaming of Disney!

I am thinking of buying Disney Gift Cards from Target (hello 5% off!) to use for my Dopey registration. Does anyone know if I get the emailed version, am I able to do the same transfer on the Disney Gift Card site to put them all on one card so I can use it?

Yes, I bought all my Disney gift cards via Target as emails. Then I went to the Disney Gift Card site and put them all on one card (I used an old card I had but you could also put them all on one of the emailed numbers).

SAFD: Here’s what I have for now. It will be ever changing up until race weekend.

Wednesday: nothing. I had booked Dine w/ an Imagineer, but I was stressing myself out with having to go to the expo. I’ll probably end up doing quick service in Epcot for dinner and stay for Illuminations.

Thursday: Be Our Guest Lunch for a Lemon Cupcake

Friday: Caring for Giants Tour and lunch at Yak & Yeti

Saturday: nothing

Sunday: California Grill for dinner

Monday: Via Napoli lunch for DATW
We have Be Our guest Lunch Thursday at 11:20 if you're around that time maybe we'll see you, it's not like it's a huge restaurant or we know each other in the real world, ha!

I think you should be able to. You just have to enter the code into the website to combine them all.

I ate at Boatwrights the evening of my redeye arrival at Disney World for 2017 Dark Side. While I was not running the 5K the next morning, I enjoyed Boatwrights quite a bit and I was obviously exhausted. I had jambalaya from French Quarter the night before the Dark Side Half this year and did just fine. I love Disney cajun food though. I almost always eat at Cafe Orleans in Disneyland when I'm down there. You can always try cajun spiced food the night before training runs to see how it goes.

As a sort of side note, I love Riverside. It's my favorite moderate. The only reason I chose French Quarter over Riverside for marathon weekend was because of the one bus stop at French Quarter. Riverside truly felt like an entirely different world after the parks and races. If French Quarter had been full, I would have taken Riverside happily.
We love Boatwrights. It is our favorite WDW restaurant.

Wednesday - Yak and Yeti (lunch)
Thursday - Skipper Canteen (lunch)
Friday - Via Napoli (lunch)
Saturday - Sci-Fi Dine In (lunch - but thinking of switching to Mama Melrose and get a Fantasmic package)
Sunday - La Hacienda (post marathon early dinner)
Sunday - Beaches and Cream (late post marathon celebratory ice cream)
Monday - Boma (dinner)
Tuesday - Be our Guest (lunch)

lhermiston - looks like you're doing Boma on Monday as well. Breakfast or Dinner? It would be great to say hi. Our ADR is for 7pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts