So let's all do our anti-snow dances, k? Thanks.

Last year was a mess. Originally we were scheduled to fly down on the Thursday out of Philly, but as we got closer to the date it became more and more apparent that the storm was going to cause major problems. I remember checking the Southwest website at 3am Wednesday with no weather alerts posted, but by 9 am a weather advisory was being issued and I could change the flights without penalty. Got out of Philly at 7pm that same day, with all flights sold out.

If that nonsense happens again this year, and people are stuck without viable flights, I volunteer for a one way EWR-MCO carpool.

So I have the primary goal of finishing Dopey and finishing strong. I’ve got the additional goal of helping my mom complete her first half marathon. I’ve kind of been following my Dopey training plan and adding in a few extra slow and small runs a week to keep her company during her training. It is a lot and I’m occasionally exhausted, but I think it’s going to be a great experience for both of us. She also informed me that if we slow down and there’s even a chance of being swept, I am to leave her in the dust and take off to finish the half alone. I don’t anticipate that happening, but it’s nice to see that her sense of humor is ever present.

I was out of town at a conference last week, so trying to catch up here.

@lahobbs4 I’m so sorry for your loss. :hug:

@Dis_Yoda Yikes! I hope your DH is Ok! That is so scary. :(

Goals:
My only goal is to have fun! My sis will join me for the 10K, so I plan on taking that way easy (& maybe check out the BC booze stop if it hasn’t run dry). For the full, I want to have fun & be able to finish. Training has been somewhat derailed for the past 2 weeks between my wonky ankles and traveling. I was only able to get in 16 miles (instead of 18) before it got dark on Sunday. Hoping I can try for 18 this weekend. I do hope I’ll be able to attend the meet up.

I haven’t made any ADRs other than Friday night at Cali Grill. I’m too afraid that I won’t be able to walk after the full. :crutches:

We (me/DH & sis/BIL) will be at Pop Thurs & Fri night, then BC Sat & Sun night.

My only goal is to have fun! My sis will join me for the 10K, so I plan on taking that way easy (& maybe check out the BC booze stop if it hasn’t run dry). For the full, I want to have fun & be able to finish. Training has been somewhat derailed for the past 2 weeks between my wonky ankles and traveling. I was only able to get in 16 miles (instead of 18) before it got dark on Sunday. Hoping I can try for 18 this weekend. I do hope I’ll be able to attend the meet up.

My shopping list is quite extensive, so don’t worry ...

If anyone is interested in free beer and apps at Big River Grille on Saturday 1/13, I have about $80 left on a promotional card for doing market research at Gordon Biersch, who then promptly shut down all of their Dallas area restaurants about a year later. So the only restaurant listed on the card that I'll be remotely close to is Big River at Boardwalk. I think I'll definitely be there by 2 pm, if anyone wants to help me spend it.

Goals: #1 - Don't Die, #2 - Finish

We are staying at SSR 1/11-1/13.

On another note, I cut my weekend run to 12 instead of 18 miles due to my achy achilles, however, I am happy to report after much icing, compression, and stretching, that I did 3 pain free miles tonight. Going to take another day off, then go for 7 on Thursday...

If anyone is interested in free beer and apps at Big River Grille on Saturday 1/13, I have about $80 left on a promotional card for doing market research at Gordon Biersch, who then promptly shut down all of their Dallas area restaurants about a year later. So the only restaurant listed on the card that I'll be remotely close to is Big River at Boardwalk. I think I'll definitely be there by 2 pm, if anyone wants to help me spend it.

Interesting ... there's a Gordon Biersch here in New Orleans. I had no idea that GB and Big River were related.

Interesting ... there's a Gordon Biersch here in New Orleans. I had no idea that GB and Big River were related.

I didn’t either. I started reading the fine print on the back when I found out they’d closed GB in Plano and was surprised. There’s a few other restaurants, mostly in Tennessee.

I'll be at SSR Friday to Tuesday this year. Fingers crossed no snow this year though we flew out on Tuesday last year so we were cozily tucked in at Disney before the snow hit Hartford last year!

I've been dealing with a knee injury and I finally ran 3 miles pain free! Still a long way to go to make it through the marathon so I'm anxiously awaiting corrals to see how much buffer that will get me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!