1/12 - 55 - 78 - Partly Sunny
1/13 - 53 - 77 - A Couple of PM Showers

12/12/18 Forecast:
Date - Morning Low - Daytime High - Conditions
1/10 - 53 - 76 - Low Clouds
1/11 - 52 - 70 - Mostly Cloudy, a little rain
1/12 - 46 - 69 - Periods of rain
1/13 - 44 - 67 - Clouds and sun

Temps for the 5k and 10k have been fairly steady on the last 3 runs. Big changes for the half and full. While rain sucks for the half the conditions for the marathon a great on this run. Based on what I am seeing a front will pass through late on the 11th. At this point, this is my favorite forecast run, but we still have a long ways to go. I do find it interesting that this is the first run where we are seeing some significant temp changes.

I didn’t either. I started reading the fine print on the back when I found out they’d closed GB in Plano and was surprised. There’s a few other restaurants, mostly in Tennessee.
The only other 2 Big Rivers are here in Chattanooga. I was super surprised to find the one at Boardwalk. It has always been a local spot for us.

Since we are now a month out I figured now would be a good time to put together the resort list where everyone is staying like last year. If you want to be included just post where you are staying and I will add it to the spreadsheet. This usually helps with Dis meets ups and such.
Pop Century, January 11-14

SAFD:

Goal is
1. Have fun, remember this is fun, enjoy everything, you wanted to do this
***note, I will also be a person that will be muttering a mantra during the races
2. to get there uninjured and to leave uninjured. At the moment this is a problem with a reoccurring old injury.
3. If possible finish Dopey keeping #1 in mind. I’m good for the first 3 races, but I’ve found past that mileage is when I’m reinjured, sigh. Keeping the time limit in sight for the marathon is my goal.

The TA I'm using for marathon weekend has really cheap 5k ($50) and 10k ($75) bibs. No hotel rooms available, so you have to live within 90 miles of Orlando, be staying at shades of green, or be dvc. But if you want the info, let me know.
If I wasnt already signed up for both, I'd sign up at those prices. Wow.

(Edited because I cant read and thought they still had hotel rooms)

DVC Saratoga - in for the half. Fly in Thursday out Sunday. Ran a sub 2 hr half last Saturday now just to maintain some sense of fitness

Question - pics with characters - can swipe with a magic band?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter