Marathon Weekend 2020

SAFD: Running? What’s that? I’ve been slacking big time so someone may have to drag my body across the finish line and pause my watch. Moving has sucked something awful, but so worth it. I’m learning new road routes which has been hard because there are so many dead ends and I get lost easily. I’m also a tad nervous of getting eaten by a panther or coyote or mauled by a bear. Today was a good day though. I ran the two miles to my old house so I could hop on some sidewalks and I ran a total of 9 miles at my Long Run pace. It felt great and my legs could have kept going.

I’m in for the meet up @ HH and training for DATW couldn’t be going better!

SAFD- I'm "only" training for the 5K and 10K, so not as hard as most of the rest of you folks have it. Things are going pretty well. I'm still much slower than I'd like and I'm starting to feel some nagging shin pain. Having a hard time getting motivated today and this is a very busy week upcoming so I'm hoping to stay on track.

Looks like folks are already talking about training, so let's make it official. This week's Sundays are for Disney is a training checking. How are things going? Who wants to brag about some successful runs? Who needs a pick-me-up?
Uh...........

Yeah........

I am under trained I think. The long runs just haven't been there. I need this good month. I know I can finish but it may not be pretty.

SAFD: It’s been all over the place. Most people have good days vs bad days. This cycle it’s been good vs bad weeks. This last week was a good one. Week before a bad one (admittedly I had a lot happen that was out of my control). Got my long run done yesterday but it was weird since I was having a hard time with my breathing until I got warmed up. Indoors mind you. Balance decided to throw in the towel 7 miles in but I got the stick out and got the final two miles knocked out.

This next week is going to be hell with finals and last projects...FL trip is going to mess with things further (I asked for my trainer to move my long run to Saturday since I fly Sunday). But once I get past the 18th I’ll be good. And that should set me up for a couple of long runs on a normal schedule before taper town comes knocking.

Put me in the definite don’t have as many miles going in as I should camp. But as long as I can get some long runs on the other side of 13 before taper town starts I think I’ll be okay. With the medical stuff plaguing me right now it was never about trying to PR at Dopey. It was about finishing and having fun along the way. I’m training well within the pace zone that shouldn’t be a problem. It’s just a matter of how sore I am afterwards.

SAFD: training is going ok. After my 17 mile long run and an ill-timed blood donation, I ended up with back to back colds. No more blood donations until after marathon weekend. Getting back into the groove now. Planning on 19 next Sunday while CIM is going on. And despite all my worries and doubts, deep down I know I’ll finish. It might not be pretty but that’s ok.

Out for HH but I’m in for DATW for sure! Taking the training seriously thanks to a wine Advent calendar a friend gave me! Also plan on being there for the morning meetups pre race!

SAFD: Training is right where I could hope to be. Just hit a month PR of just under 65 hrs. Got a new HM PR of 1:28:40. Fitness is arguably at an all time high even though I'm 13 pounds heavier than my peak fitness in Jan 2018. Next week is the peak of the plan at just under 20 hrs. December is going to be make or break, but I'm accepting the challenge and knowing that's how I'll earn my dreams at the finish line in January.

SAFD: training is very weird for me this time around! This will be my 5th Disney marathon, and I have been very disciplined about following a plan training for the other 4 (2 of which were Dopeys, one a Goofy), but I did the MCM a month ago and that has forced me to adjust my training and expectations for this Goofy. I did a 14 miler last weekend that felt harder than it should have, and plan to top out at 18 miles for my longest run before tapering (I usually do at least two 20 milers before a marathon - including for MCM). So I hope I will be prepared enough come race weekend!

SAFD: Who knows? A month ago I would have told you that I was having the best marathon training cycle I’ve ever had. Then 3 weeks ago I had my hamstring act up, got it dry needled, and was cleared by my PT. Last Sunday, though, it did it again. Back to the PT, more needles, and it felt fantastic going into today’s Space Coast Marathon. Until mile 3. 23 miles of nursing the hamstring through to a disappointing finish later (it wasn’t all on the hamstring, I’ll elaborate in a race report later) and I’m not sure where to go from here. It’s hard to evaluate rehab progress when it can go from great to grab with no warning. I’ve got a couple of weeks of light to no running planned after the goal marathon to put together a strategy with my PT now, so we’ll see what happens!

SAFD: Training is going well. Regular training plan will be modified next week as we leave for WDW on Friday. We planned a trip with our DD/SIL/2 Granddaughters only to find out my sister and BIL will be there at same time. My parents decided to go too, so we are now a four generation party of 10!

SAFD: Running? What’s that? I’ve been slacking big time so someone may have to drag my body across the finish line and pause my watch. Moving has sucked something awful, but so worth it. I’m learning new road routes which has been hard because there are so many dead ends and I get lost easily. I’m also a tad nervous of getting eaten by a panther or coyote or mauled by a bear. Today was a good day though. I ran the two miles to my old house so I could hop on some sidewalks and I ran a total of 9 miles at my Long Run pace. It felt great and my legs could have kept going.

I’m in for the meet up @ HH and training for DATW couldn’t be going better!

Proud of you! Keep it up, marathoner.

Uh...........

Yeah........

I am under trained I think. The long runs just haven't been there. I need this good month. I know I can finish but it may not be pretty.

Like it or not, I’m your Ride or Die marathon weekend. Goof Troop sticks together

SAFD: Training is right where I could hope to be. Just hit a month PR of just under 65 hrs. Got a new HM PR of 1:28:40. Fitness is arguably at an all time high even though I'm 13 pounds heavier than my peak fitness in Jan 2018. Next week is the peak of the plan at just under 20 hrs. December is going to be make or break, but I'm accepting the challenge and knowing that's how I'll earn my dreams at the finish line in January.

This post brought to you by the letters B and Q. Keep up the good work, coach.

I've been doing well with my training plan, but this week I leave for Disney Thursday and I just can't figure out when I can get my 7.5 mile long run in before I leave. I'm hoping I can find time Wednesday, but if it is between that and a mani/pedi, the long run is probably going to be forgotten. I'm bringing my shoes with me just in case, but it's such a short trip I doubt I will find time to run while there.
I ran a 5k with my husband and kids this morning. It was a PR for me, but would have been a few minutes faster if I didn't have to leave the course to go find a bathroom. (I avoided using a port a pot before the race because it was 26 degrees and I REALLY didn't want to go in the cold. I realized at mile 1.5 what a mistake that was - lesson learned.)

Uh...........

Yeah........

Fortunately, you have youth on your side. But, better get to training (for Dopey, not just DATW).
Taking the training seriously thanks to a wine Advent calendar a friend gave me!
Wine advent calendar? Yes, please!

Anyone switch races? I was originally signed up for the 10k, but decided I wanted to do the half. So I called, paid my $45 change fee and the extra money (couldn't do it online due to it being a WDTC bib), and went in to submit my POT (all this was done before the Oct deadline).
Now I just went on to see which merchandise I already ordered, and the 10k is still listed under my registrations.

SAFD: Training is going pretty good despite the awful weather we've had here this fall. I've been forced onto the treadmill way more than I like this time year. We've had so much rain, high winds, ice, and early snows. Last night when I went to bed it was pouring rain, and when I awoke this morning, we had 6 inches of snow on the ground. So my Goofy partner & I busted out the Gore-Tex running shoes & yak trax and got our run in.

333B54EB-AB86-4AE3-99FE-B503999C318E.jpeg

Training is going pretty good I think. I had to end a 17 mile run at 2.5 miles weeks ago because I tweaked my hamstring. Took a little under a week off which actually worked out well since my daughter had to have surgery that week and making time for a few runs would have been difficult. Got an 18 mile run done last weekend and I’ve got a 19 and 20 planned before Christmas. I don’t think I’m in as good of shape as I was for Dopey two years ago but I’m certainly better off than I was last year for Goofy

Training is not as good as I'd like it, but it's much better than this time last year, so I'll take it. Dallas 10k/Half Marathon challenge is in two weeks so I'll know where I am better then, but I'm not hurting (knock on wood) and for the most part, the weather has been pretty nice the past few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter