Marathon Weekend 2020

You could but that would be after the POT deadline so you may be pushed towards the back.
Oh ok, thanks. I'm signed up for the 10k in a couple weeks and figured I'd challenge myself to the half in November and yesterday I got the crazy idea to go for the full in January but I started thinking that today perhaps I should at least wait for the half. I think early passholder registration opens up right after the 10k so I guess we will see how that goes. But yeah, I don't want to be in the last corral or I'll never make it on the full!!

Well I haven’t been a teen technically for 10 months now.
You're practically ancient

Did have a marathon dream the other night - we had to ride Big Thunder Mountain during the marathon, and Kathy Bates was in charge of it. I made some reference to Misery, and that earned me a 15-minute penalty in the office. Then when I finally got out, Tom Cruise was chasing me, and I was only at the halfway point of the marathon at 1:30 p.m. Then I woke up.
It would make it a lot more difficult if marathons added penalty boxes. Improper disposable of a banana peel .. 10 minutes in the box.

That was me!
You were Kathy Bates? or the Angry Tom Cruise?

I signed up for a local 5k. I waited until last minute to sign up so I could check the weather first. Didn’t plan on doing it unless it was at least 40. Weather called for 50’s and sunny. Signed up. Got the email reminder last night and realized 5k is today and not Sunday that I checked. Today calls for 36 and lots of wind. Running along the coast so extra cold and extra wind.

Registration payment question - I just read a FB post where someone said that you can only use one form of payment for a runDisney race. So just wanting to be sure - only a credit card not a credit card plus gist card combo? Thx!

Registration payment question - I just read a FB post where someone said that you can only use one form of payment for a runDisney race. So just wanting to be sure - only a credit card not a credit card plus gist card combo? Thx!
Correct only one form of payment. So if you have a gift card you want to use it must cover the entire cost.

Love that the Disney March Madness comes down to classic vs modern. I went with HM mostly because of how the building, grounds, and room stretch add to the ride. EE vs ToT was tough. In the end, I went with my gut feeling....literally. ToT is a unique ride that gives you a visceral feel beyond coasters. And again, the immersive experience of the building, the cob webs, the vintage Rod Serling, is so good. Maybe if the darn yeti had ever worked I would have gone with EE. So close.

Last edited:
Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

We've made it to the Final Four of the Walt Disney World March Madness Tournament and what a Final Four it is. Haunted Mansion. Pirates of the Caribbean. Expedition Everest. Tower of Terror. A battle between classics and a showdown between modern favorites. Interestingly, none of the previous four match ups were particularly close, so we're talking four legitimate powerhouse fan favorites here.

Will it be a pirates life for you? Will you dare to enter the Twilight Zone? Grim grinning ghosts? The elusive yeti?

https://brackify.com/bracket/28380/Walt-Disney-World-March-Madness

Have a great week, everyone!

Last edited:
This was an easy vote for me. Haunted Mansion (because Disneyland’s Pirates is better) and Tower of Terror because it is my favorite WDW attraction!!! (And I can’t ride Expedition Everest - motion sickness.)

If you’re comparing it to the DL tower or terror sure. The WDW tower is not comparable IMO because of the 5th dimension aspect that Disneyland never had. Then you have the Tokyo tower which is completely different as well.
Oh I assumed that original comment was a joke!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter