Marathon Weekend registration cut off?

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
I see it opens soon! My wife is planning to run the half next January. About how long before that fills up? Couple months? A few weeks?

Thanks!

I see it opens soon! My wife is planning to run the half next January. About how long before that fills up? Couple months? A few weeks?

Thanks!
It's a very popular race...add to that, that 2017 will be an anniversary year (the 20th I think), and it's going to fill very quickly. If she really wants to do it she should sign up ASAP after registration opens.

The full and maybe the Goofy challenge might last a few weeks or a few months,for every other race I would try to be at your computer at noon the day it opens(April 19 for AP and DVC,and April 26 for general registration).The smaller races pretty much always sell out almost immediately,the half if I recall usually also goes fast,I think this year it lasted longer than I expected but since its the 20th anniversary in 2017 it will go fast,probably in the first couple of hours.The Dopey challenge has shown to be really popular and always goes fast.The full usually lasts a few months,like well into the summer,Goofy will also last for awhile as its still popular but the logic behind many runners is that if I'm going to run a half and a full and get 3 medals and 3 shirts it seems smarter to also throw in a 5K and 10K and get 6 shirts and medals for doing the Dopey instead of Goofy.The whole point is that if she wants the half she should sign up ASAP or the only options to do it will be to sign up for the Goofy challenge or go through a charity.

Thanks!

Definitely won't be a couple weeks or months, will probably be somewhere in the couple hours range. Like others have said if she really wants to get in the best option is being there right when registration opens up.

The full and maybe the Goofy challenge might last a few weeks or a few months,for every other race I would try to be at your computer at noon the day it opens(April 19 for AP and DVC,and April 26 for general registration).The smaller races pretty much always sell out almost immediately,the half if I recall usually also goes fast,I think this year it lasted longer than I expected but since its the 20th anniversary in 2017 it will go fast,probably in the first couple of hours.The Dopey challenge has shown to be really popular and always goes fast.The full usually lasts a few months,like well into the summer,Goofy will also last for awhile as its still popular but the logic behind many runners is that if I'm going to run a half and a full and get 3 medals and 3 shirts it seems smarter to also throw in a 5K and 10K and get 6 shirts and medals for doing the Dopey instead of Goofy.The whole point is that if she wants the half she should sign up ASAP or the only options to do it will be to sign up for the Goofy challenge or go through a charity.

Thanks for this, very helpful actually, i went to sign for the 10k tonight (DVC Member) and it was sold out for early registration, very bummed, but have a calendar request set to book on the 26th.

She should literally be sitting at her computer ready to register at 10 minutes to noon, E.S.T.

The half will go within a few hours.

Thanks for this, very helpful actually, i went to sign for the 10k tonight (DVC Member) and it was sold out for early registration, very bummed, but have a calendar request set to book on the 26th.
The 10K and 5K were the first to sell out early - if you want the 10K be ready to go right at noon! Good luck!

The Half and Full are still available on DVC pre-sale as of about an hour ago. The 5k, 10k and Dopey sold out within 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter