March 2019 UY points returned to 2020 -- what will happen to them?

RinaMB

Earning My Ears
I am still really confused about how the extensions will work as it pertains to UY. Hoping someone can explain to me.

We had 134 March 2019 points originally banked into 2020, which were used for a June 2020 reservation. We canceled the reservation at the end of March. March is not one of the UYs listed that will be extended, and I'm not sure why. What happens to these points? They expire at the end of 2020? But if they were April UY they would get extended?

Those points are not extended because they were bankable still when you canceled the reservation.

They are only extending 2018 UY points that someone had until November 30th.

And, if someone had 2019 points from a reservation beyond the banking window when it was canceled, those are being allowed to be banked late.

Your points will expire Feb 28th, 2021. Those with April 2019 points given the extension will have them moved into the April 2020 UY and those now expire March 31st, 2021

So really, the extension is nothing more than normal banking, but late

Thanks. I'm still not sure when I would have banked them. Those 134 are not available to bank right now. My banking window expires in October. Did I miss some kind of window when I cancelled? I guess my confusion stems from the fact that there's no real extension. Those points were originally set to expire end of Feb 2021, and that's still when they're expiring.

Sorry to be dense. Use years have always confused me!

If they were March 2019 UY points, you would have banked them last year to be used in the reservation this year,

If the 134 points were banked after you canceled then those were March 2020 UY points...that means they are in your March 2021 UY and will expire Feb 28th, 2022.

Assuming they were March 2019 that were already banked, then no extension needed because they are not set to expire for a long time.

Again, the 2019 points getting an extension is to allow them to be banked after the banking window was closed, April 2019 UY points had to be banked by November 30th, 2019. So, owners who used them in March 2020 when resort closed were beyond banking and those would have expired. Now, those points are put into the April 2020 UY which means they expire the same time they always would has the owner banked on time and not used them in March.

I am still really confused about how the extensions will work as it pertains to UY. Hoping someone can explain to me.

We had 134 March 2019 points originally banked into 2020, which were used for a June 2020 reservation. We canceled the reservation at the end of March. March is not one of the UYs listed that will be extended, and I'm not sure why. What happens to these points? They expire at the end of 2020? But if they were April UY they would get extended?

The extensions are to UY's that had reservations cancelled during the closure AND points that either expired during the closures or within 3+ months from opening to allow owners to try and use those points. Your banked March points have 8+ months to be used so more flexibility. It doesn't work for everyone and doesn't necessarily help all those Apr-Oct UY's either who still might not be able to travel or want to travel but it provided options for some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!