Mini TR for another Boston Road Trip - updated Nov 22

But ...I don't actually WANT to go to the store at all.
No. You don't. It's not very pleasant there right now. Just did that today...
I SUCK at meal planning!!
I used to do it all the time, but...
So in our normal existence...I do not have to think about more than 2-3 meals at a time.
...I used to do this too. Just easier to say "Okay, today I'll make this and tomorrow that. Rest of the week... I'll just go out again."
Boy can that kid eat ALL THE CARBS. I keep thinking I'm stocking up on bread...and then it's gone again.
::yes::
.we have thankfully survived two weeks post-Disney vacay and hopefully this means not brought home any germs from there
Thank goodness.
My son is so not thrilled by this...but he had never seen Magic Shots before hence had no idea why they asked him to hold up his arm lol
:laughing:
This is one of my fave pics from the trip because my son is actually smiling!
So he does! Look at that! :)
Man what I would do for this lunch right now!!! (adds tater tots and bacon and sour cream to next online grocery delivery order)
Sounds like you are going to have that lunch!

So nice to hear that you're all still feeling well after your quarantine is up....and your new quarantine begins!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures :) especially the one of the tator tots (adds tator tots, etc. to cart, as well!!)

Continue to stay safe and healthy!!

Sounds like you are going to have that lunch!

Yes I hope so!! Probably not for a few weeks since I won't be able to get another delivery window anytime soon...but one day TATER TOTS will be MINE! I'm still waiting on my order that was supposed to arrive this morning between 9-11 am EST..(it's 6:30pm...).so...who knows....

..I used to do this too. Just easier to say "Okay, today I'll make this and tomorrow that. Rest of the week... I'll just go out again."

Yup, that's it exactly!! I guess this is some good learning to maybe not have to go so often when this is all over but...who am I kidding....lol

So nice to hear that you're all still feeling well after your quarantine is up....and your new quarantine begins!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures :) especially the one of the tator tots (adds tator tots, etc. to cart, as well!!)

Continue to stay safe and healthy!!

Thank you!! And same to you - aren't you in NJ? I can not believe the situation in NYC right now with the hospital set up in Central Park...it looks like MASH out there...seriously scary!

Ouch. Did they finally get there?

Nope. Never showed. My parents got their order a day late so...hoping it shows up today, otherwise I will have to brave actual shopping. I have emailed customer service but who knows if or when they will respond...if the order is not coming I would rather just know, so I can go buy all those things and not risk getting them twice...I don't have the fridge and freezer space for that and under the circumstances I don't want to waste anything!! I also tried looking for stores that have online ordering and pickup...even for that there are no time slots available until at least mid next week, and that is for stores that are nowhere near me and really not easy to get to with a car (ie: in the middle of the city)...that said...traffic isn't too bad these days so...that may have to do!

Nope. Never showed. My parents got their order a day late so...hoping it shows up today, otherwise I will have to brave actual shopping. I have emailed customer service but who knows if or when they will respond..
Oy. Yeah... try phoning and actually speaking to a human. I’ve had some luck with that recently.
that said...traffic isn't too bad these days so...that may have to do!
That’s true, but. Yesterday I got stuck in a traffic jam. Absolutely nothing on the road. Except 4 cars driving side by side, 20km under the speed limit. :sad2:

Thank you!! And same to you - aren't you in NJ? I can not believe the situation in NYC right now with the hospital set up in Central Park...it looks like MASH out there...seriously scary!
We're in Chicago actually....things are pretty scary around here, too. They are converting one of our convention centers into a field hospital at the moment. Yesterday the governor announced we will be on lockdown like this until April 30th. Sigh.

We're in Chicago actually....things are pretty scary around here, too. They are converting one of our convention centers into a field hospital at the moment. Yesterday the governor announced we will be on lockdown like this until April 30th. Sigh.

Yikes. That's scary indeed. So far we don't have any field hospitals in the works but it would not surprise me. Here in Ontario they are talking about at least 12 more weeks of #stayhome We aren't on official "lockdown" but only because they are hoping Canadians listen to instructions to stay home without an official lockdown...I think it will come to that soon though because too many idiots are still out!

Hi DisPeeps! How is everyone doing on today's episode of the Twilight Zone?

OY. I hate this.
This trying to plan meals for 1-2 weeks at a time is for the birds!!

I do this a lot. Well used to more, but lately, I buy what I need to for at least a week or more at a time and make meals from those ingredients with a basic plan in mind. Saves a TON of money!

instead of waiting for the next online delivery window which is sure to be a good two weeks away.

I"m not sure I understand this. You have to wait 2 weeks for a grocery order? Confused.

Boy can that kid eat ALL THE CARBS. I keep thinking I'm stocking up on bread...and then it's gone again.

Yes! And I've been pretty good at it too lately. :rolleyes2
I got some actual smiling pictures of my teens.

YAY!! Those are the BEST!
himself into!
IMG_9228.jpeg

:lmao:
My son is so not thrilled by this...but he had never seen Magic Shots before hence had no idea why they asked him to hold up his arm lol

I confess I never understand what they are asking me to do either and they are more frustrating than worth it to me. I think if they had an example to show you what it's for it'd be more enjoyable for me.

This is so purrr-fect!! Love that he could just let down the guard and enjoy the moment!

I do this a lot. Well used to more, but lately, I buy what I need to for at least a week or more at a time and make meals from those ingredients with a basic plan in mind. Saves a TON of money!

I am learning!! The problem now though is when you have a basically good plan, shop and get home...and then you forgot like one little thing...these days it's pretty hard to just run out and get it. I don't want to make any extra trips to the store for just one forgotten item, when normally that isn't a big deal at all. I now have a running list of things and try to remember to write things down right away...and then add that to the master list when I am going to shop or order etc.

I"m not sure I understand this. You have to wait 2 weeks for a grocery order? Confused.

Don't YOU have to wait 2 weeks there lol?? Kidding. I know...you can get anything pretty much instantly in America right :)) Yeah so...before the appocalypse...or as some people are now calling it "in the times BC" , here in Toronto, we had a few grocery stores that offered ordering online with delivery. You could go online and choose a delivery window. You used to be able to get it for one or two days later...here in Canada most retailers have not reached the level of some US ones where same day online ordering and delivery was an option...but we were doing pretty well getting our stuff on time one or two days out - or you could schedule further out if you wanted.

But noww........well now as you know the world is on it's *** and...nothing is as it was. All those stores that used to have online delivery still do...but their delivery windows are booked solid for at least two weeks out. They also have "order online and pickup and we will put in your trunk" options, but those windows are also very scarce. Also, as in a lot of places we are running short on things like flour, toilet paper, and cleaning products...so if you put those on your list...you'll probably end up with some really random **** instead lol....

I have had some success when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, checking for newly released grocery delivery window in the same style as refreshing for coveted FP's....and sometimes it works! But mostly now....I have to just plan to risk my life and go to an actual store, which really stresses me out. Also, my last order...didn't even show up at all, and could not reach anyone in customer service about it. A lot of smaller retailers who never had delivery before are ramping that up, but it takes time, and not too many people are signing up to be drivers anymore so. That's where we are at here....

I confess I never understand what they are asking me to do either and they are more frustrating than worth it to me. I think if they had an example to show you what it's for it'd be more enjoyable for me.

Yes that would be a great idea!! I agree, I enjoy these more when I've already seen someone else's pics with them so I know why they are asking you to do weird rando things with your arms.

I am learning!! The problem now though is when you have a basically good plan, shop and get home...and then you forgot like one little thing...these days it's pretty hard to just run out and get it. I don't want to make any extra trips to the store for just one forgotten item, when normally that isn't a big deal at all. I now have a running list of things and try to remember to write things down right away...and then add that to the master list when I am going to shop or order etc.
Don't YOU have to wait 2 weeks there lol?? Kidding. I know...you can get anything pretty much instantly in America right :)) Yeah so...before the appocalypse...or as some people are now calling it "in the times BC" , here in Toronto, we had a few grocery stores that offered ordering online with delivery. You could go online and choose a delivery window. You used to be able to get it for one or two days later...here in Canada most retailers have not reached the level of some US ones where same day online ordering and delivery was an option...but we were doing pretty well getting our stuff on time one or two days out - or you could schedule further out if you wanted.

That makes sense. I suppose if you want it delivered then yes. I prefer a pick up as they are (sometimes WAY) cheaper than delivery. The pick up times are almost always available next day for us, even still. Whether or not you can get TP, flour, rice or things like that... all bets are off.
But noww........well now as you know the world is on it's *** and...nothing is as it was. All those stores that used to have online delivery still do...but their delivery windows are booked solid for at least two weeks out. They also have "order online and pickup and we will put in your trunk" options, but those windows are also very scarce. Also, as in a lot of places we are running short on things like flour, toilet paper, and cleaning products...so if you put those on your list...you'll probably end up with some really random **** instead lol....

OH, I see! Our Walmart is still next day pick up and as far as I know, for a ridiculous extra charge, Safeway and others will deliver. My Walmart is very close to my work and I'd always schedule for an after work pick up time. Now, since I'm not working, I don't want to go there. BUT it is TONS cheaper than my local store. Alas, I just didn't want to drive all the way across town and ended up shopping and ate the extra costs. Oh well... And yes, even in the best of times, I've ended up with "what-the-hell-is-this-stuff?" in my order.
Yes that would be a great idea!! I agree, I enjoy these more when I've already seen someone else's pics with them so I know why they are asking you to do weird rando things with your arms.
Exactly!!

April 17, reminiscing and real life update

How's everyone doing these days? I have heard a lot of people talking about what is an appropriate greeting these days - whether talking to someone on the phone or starting an email etc...How are you? Just doesn't seem right....Hope you are well??? This pandemic/quarantine situation is changing the way we think about so many different things that you wouldn't necessarily have considered as side effects...or at least I hadn't....

We are...coping...as well as can be expected I guess. I don't know about you, but I find it goes up and down. Some days, I feel motivated to get up and be productive. Other days...it just doesn't seem worth the trouble and even getting up seems a struggle. I have my two teenagers here, so there is some motivation to get up and you know...feed them...but if I didn't, I think they would forage for themselves eventually...with much protest. This afternoon I'm off on my next grocery shopping adventure. Trying to think of it that way...and maybe it will stress me out less...a friend told me about a store that she goes to that she says doesn't usually have a long line and is less stressful than some others, so I'm going to try that today. My 14 year old DD has found some new recipes she wants to try for meals and I'm glad she is taking some initiative on that, hopefully she will be as enthusiastic about actually making them and not just me shopping for the ingredients!

Yesterday was April 16, which is exactly one month since we flew home from Orlando. Our last park day was March 13. It just seems so surreal that back then life still seemed "almost" "normal" I mean, yes they had decided to close the parks, but while we were in them you would not have known anything unusual was going on. Now looking back at those pictures...the crowds in the background and just thinking about all the things we touched...gives me anxiety! I'm so grateful that we had that trip and those memories, but wow...I feel so lucky that we didn't get sick from that trip, especially my mom.

In the spirit of happy memories I'll share a few more pics...

We couldn't get on SDD but did manage to get a FP for Alien Saucers...which was a lot of fun.

This was right after we rode SR. Now I can't imagine being that close to anyone I don't live with lol

This was when we were waiting for our ADR at the boardwalk. My son wanted to try that silly (and money wasting) game where you try to flip the frogs...they make it look so easy. The CM even gave us a few extras for free but my DS didn't win anything...he had fun trying though. I almost didn't let him play because, waste of money...but caved.

Not sure if I already posted this one or a similar...but this was the whole gang in front of HM. As usual I had to corral everyone and no one was too happy to hang around after the ride for more photos...but I love this PP spot and am glad now that I endured their complaints and got it done!

How's everyone doing these days? I have heard a lot of people talking about what is an appropriate greeting these days - whether talking to someone on the phone or starting an email etc...How are you? Just doesn't seem right....Hope you are well??? This pandemic/quarantine situation is changing the way we think about so many different things that you wouldn't necessarily have considered as side effects...or at least I hadn't....
I think "How's everyone doing" is fine for a greeting. :)
You don't want "So are you sick?" or something!
I don't know about you, but I find it goes up and down. Some days, I feel motivated to get up and be productive. Other days...it just doesn't seem worth the trouble and even getting up seems a struggle.
Very much so.
Yesterday I built a table for my scroll saw. The day before that... I don't think I did anything constructive.
a friend told me about a store that she goes to that she says doesn't usually have a long line and is less stressful than some others, so I'm going to try that today.
Good! I had to run to the store for some sour cream (new recipe :)) and was in line for a few minutes to get in, and several more to get out.
Now looking back at those pictures...the crowds in the background and just thinking about all the things we touched...gives me anxiety!
You're okay. Deep breaths. :)
My son wanted to try that silly (and money wasting) game where you try to flip the frogs...
I have no idea what that is!
I almost didn't let him play because, waste of money...but caved.
Did he have fun? If he did, then money not wasted. :)

It is nice to see so many recent happy times. We were supposed to be there 3/15-3/23 and got cancelled as well. It seems crazy that was over a month ago now! Like you, I'm home with my two teens. They've both been challenging in their own ways and somehow I end up as the big, pandemic rule enforcer. For fun I get to escape to my job...in a hospital...as a nurse. Life is grand right now.

It's been fun reading your updates :-)

and planning a summer 2021 trip back to Disney and dragging one daughter with me, and hoping to drag the other daughter and granddaughter with me. I will be sure to let you know once I have dates firmed up and booking is available for 2021.

Yes, do keep me posted!! As usual I probably won't make plans until a few months before, but if it works I'd love to share some more Disney with you someday!!

I myself can't even concentrate well enough to enjoy reading or TV. I'll be glad when the snow finally melts and dog walks will be a bit more pleasant with a little less after walk clean up involved.

Totally get this. I am usually a huge reader but haven't gotten through very many books since this thing started. I find I can watch a short movie but that is about it, or a series with short episodes...but nothing too serious. Agree about the weather, it's been super cold here too. Although I do worry that as it gets nicer out it will be tougher for people (me included) to stay indoors and not want to be out more.

Very much so.
Yesterday I built a table for my scroll saw. The day before that... I don't think I did anything constructive.

That's impressive!! A scroll saw table!! I may have built...a dog out of melty beads that I dug up from 2008.....

Good! I had to run to the store for some sour cream (new recipe :)) and was in line for a few minutes to get in, and several more to get out.

Ugh. I hope that recipe turned out good!! I dread forgetting something and having to do a stressful store run for just one item...I did forget a pretty crucial ingredient for our spagetti sauce tonight...luckily it still turned out edible...

Did he have fun? If he did, then money not wasted. :)

Yes good point...he did have fun, and I had fun watching him have fun (while failing at the game of course lol)

They've both been challenging in their own ways and somehow I end up as the big, pandemic rule enforcer. For fun I get to escape to my job...in a hospital...as a nurse. Life is grand right now.

OMG, I can't imagine. I guess teenagers and their drama can maybe help ease the stress of work...ugh??? You are a brave mamma!!

That's impressive!! A scroll saw table!! I may have built...a dog out of melty beads that I dug up from 2008.....
:lmao:
Ugh. I hope that recipe turned out good!!
It did! Very good!
I dread forgetting something and having to do a stressful store run for just one item...I did forget a pretty crucial ingredient for our spagetti sauce tonight...luckily it still turned out edible...
Phew! That's good!
Yes good point...he did have fun, and I had fun watching him have fun (while failing at the game of course lol)
Then... money well spent. :)

This pandemic/quarantine situation is changing the way we think about so many different things that you wouldn't necessarily have considered as side effects...or at least I hadn't....

It sure is! So many swirling thoughts and emotions. I've run the whole gamut but anxiety is sure up there.
My 14 year old DD has found some new recipes she wants to try for meals and I'm glad she is taking some initiative on that, hopefully she will be as enthusiastic about actually making them and not just me shopping for the ingredients!

Oh let us know how they turn out! How fun!
We couldn't get on SDD but did manage to get a FP for Alien Saucers...which was a lot of fun.

One I've not gotten to even ride yet. Not done that or Prim. Hurl. Sure looks cute though.
I almost didn't let him play because, waste of money...but caved.

Sometimes it's about far more than the money. I guess in situations like that, I just consider it an expenditure with NOTHING but fun in the end. No prize or anything else except a momentary smile and memory.

Phew! That's good!

Yeah the missing ingredient was vegetable stock...which I don't think was a huge problem, but I think I should have added more water to the sauce as a substitute because it was a little too thick!

Oh let us know how they turn out! How fun!

One of them was a spagetti sauce with lots of veggies, but well chopped and hidden...just the way I like many of them lol! I was actually surprised when my DD wanted to put zucchini in the sauce...but it was really good!

Sometimes it's about far more than the money. I guess in situations like that, I just consider it an expenditure with NOTHING but fun in the end. No prize or anything else except a momentary smile and memory.

Yes, I have to remember that. At least I got the photo lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter