***March 2020***

I think you were very smart to head to the beach. Our trip was 3/12-15 but we came home today and cut off one day. We had talked about heading to the beach if we arrived to find it closed. We got a text from our son just before riding FoP during AK AH and pretty much decided to do 1 more day (and no more buses) and then come home today.

For those that are bummed, I have to say I found it very stressful to be there among that many people. One bus from AK to AKL (we were just going to see it and have a drink) was so jam packed that I almost had an anxiety attack. We are healthy mid 50s, but still. I work from home and my husband works at a very small office, so reflecting back it seems like a mistake to have gone. :(
We feel the same way, we debated about leaving so hard. It was a 2 day drive and we arrived Sunday. On Thursday once they announced closing WDW and DL we really got nervous, packed up and left the next morning. Hindsight is 20/20 of course but the disruption to our lives going forward is going to be extreme, because now we are required to self-isolate for 14 days and new research coming out that the virus could still be present for up to 5 weeks after contagion. It’s scary. At the end seeing anyone cough and wearing masks was truly unsettling. The parks were not busy, but the lines were still long and you can tell they were not running at capacity. I’ve never seen so many long faces at Disney!

We also had a two day drive and kids super excited.. first day was HS and it was super busy , did not get boarding passes after they went in 30 seconds. We all ready were not happy. Went to MK people were everywhere, hand sanitizer stations were there but many empty. We went into parent meeting time.... my husband does not get much time off it was this week or next year so we made the best of it. Really should have cancelled the week. Disney gave most of our money back.
The beach was great. Should do that more often.
Love you march group i will miss you.

I have to say I found it very stressful to be there among that many people

We felt the same way, too. Especially as the week went on (we were there 3/7-3/12).

we are required to self-isolate for 14 days

May I ask - Is this something you have decided to do on your own? I'm definitely "laying low" and avoiding crowds but I'm wondering if this was something that you self-imposed or were told to?

May I ask - Is this something you have decided to do on your own? I'm definitely "laying low" and avoiding crowds but I'm wondering if this was something that you self-imposed or were told to?
[/QUOTE]
In Canada this is the advisory(below). Our province has basically shut down everything until the beginning of April. Schools are closed. Museums, pools, libraries, etc. Closed. They are advising everyone to work from home if they can. It’s extreme to say the least.
For travellers arriving in Canada
The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in Canada and in other countries. You could have come into contact with COVID-19 while abroad.
Upon return to Canada, you will need to:
  • Self-isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside of Canada. Some provinces and territories may have specific recommendations for certain groups such as health care workers.
  • Monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
  • Wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing within 14 days:
  • Continue to isolate yourself from others
  • Immediately call a health care professional or public health authorityand:
    • describe your symptoms and travel history
    • follow their instructions carefully
In addition, if you return from Italy, Iran, or Hubei province (China) you will be asked to contact the public health authority in the province or territory where you live or are staying within 24 hours of arriving in Canada and to provide your contact information.

In Canada this is the advisory(below). Our province has basically shut down everything until the beginning of April. Schools are closed. Museums, pools, libraries, etc. Closed. They are advising everyone to work from home if they can. It’s extreme to say the least.
For travellers arriving in Canada
The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in Canada and in other countries. You could have come into contact with COVID-19 while abroad.
Upon return to Canada, you will need to:
  • Self-isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside of Canada. Some provinces and territories may have specific recommendations for certain groups such as health care workers.
  • Monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
  • Wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing within 14 days:
  • Continue to isolate yourself from others
  • Immediately call a health care professional or public health authorityand:
    • describe your symptoms and travel history
    • follow their instructions carefully
In addition, if you return from Italy, Iran, or Hubei province (China) you will be asked to contact the public health authority in the province or territory where you live or are staying within 24 hours of arriving in Canada and to provide your contact information.
[/QUOTE]
Oh that makes sense,I didn’t realize You were in Canada. Sorry!

I actually wish everyone that had travelled even in the US was in self quarantine. Especially given the crowds we experienced.

Stay safe!

For a bit, we had been considering going anyway and then using our days to drive the Keys, or go to the beach, walk around the resorts, that sort of thing. But that 14 day self-quarantine wouldn't work for me, my work is an essential one where we can't just push the work down the road. I'm a supervisor in an emergency dispatch center, I have no idea what we're going to do if someone does test positive! Maybe we'll all have to be quarantined at work! :scared: We don't have anything set up currently where any of us can work from home. We're also all kind of trapped in a room with fairly stagnant air, so of course once one person comes down with something, most everyone else does too!

We also had a two day drive and kids super excited.. first day was HS and it was super busy , did not get boarding passes after they went in 30 seconds. We all ready were not happy. Went to MK people were everywhere, hand sanitizer stations were there but many empty. We went into parent meeting time.... my husband does not get much time off it was this week or next year so we made the best of it. Really should have cancelled the week. Disney gave most of our money back.
The beach was great. Should do that more often.
Love you march group i will miss you.

For you, or anyone else who cut their time at WDW short, how did the refund of unused days/hotel go? We stopped at the front desk at POP after concluding our Thurs evening at AK AH. They had people standing in they lobby answering questions. We were told that we could certainly check out a day early and the balance of hotel/tickets would be refunded. So on Saturday at 6:30am I go to lobby on the way to the airport and they said "oh no, you have to call when you get home". I told them that was different than we'd heard but what can you do - we had to get to the airport.

So on Sunday I called and the person said I needed to talk to billing and they'd transfer me. And I got a msg that said they only work Monday-Friday. So I called back and said "Billing" to the voice thing and got someone who said "oh, they should have handled this at the desk! now that you've checked out you have to go to 'past billing' dept, I'll transfer you". That disconnected me. I called a 3rd time and got a helpful person who said she'd check to see if Guest Services could help me. I had to wait a little (not long) and they took my info and said it would 7-10 days.

That's perfectly fine, but I was wondering if anyone else had a different experience? If we could get 1 night room and 1 day of passes back, that would be great. I'm no so much worried about the 1 day left on our DP.

For you, or anyone else who cut their time at WDW short, how did the refund of unused days/hotel go? We stopped at the front desk at POP after concluding our Thurs evening at AK AH. They had people standing in they lobby answering questions. We were told that we could certainly check out a day early and the balance of hotel/tickets would be refunded. So on Saturday at 6:30am I go to lobby on the way to the airport and they said "oh no, you have to call when you get home". I told them that was different than we'd heard but what can you do - we had to get to the airport.

So on Sunday I called and the person said I needed to talk to billing and they'd transfer me. And I got a msg that said they only work Monday-Friday. So I called back and said "Billing" to the voice thing and got someone who said "oh, they should have handled this at the desk! now that you've checked out you have to go to 'past billing' dept, I'll transfer you". That disconnected me. I called a 3rd time and got a helpful person who said she'd check to see if Guest Services could help me. I had to wait a little (not long) and they took my info and said it would 7-10 days.

That's perfectly fine, but I was wondering if anyone else had a different experience? If we could get 1 night room and 1 day of passes back, that would be great. I'm no so much worried about the 1 day left on our DP.
They gave me a refund of the unused rooms to be credited with in 7-10 days and 2 days ticket credit on my MDE account good for two years. ..
I had an issue of the disney giftcard they sent me for declining mousekeeping. When i tried to use it it said account closed... i have not sat on hold to fix it yet.

They gave me a refund of the unused rooms to be credited with in 7-10 days and 2 days ticket credit on my MDE account good for two years. ..
I had an issue of the disney giftcard they sent me for declining mousekeeping. When i tried to use it it said account closed... i have not sat on hold to fix it yet.

Thanks. They didn't mention a 2 year ticket credit, but I guess that's ok. Sounds like we'll get the room only direct credit. It's all fine, we chose to leave even before knowing if we could get anything back.

I'll say this -- it was fantastic to ride the skyliner on our final day and avoid the buses. It just happened to be that we were planning a DHS morning and Epcot evening. The buses seemed slow and were definitely crowded and we got to the parks via skyliner in the same amount of time that we waited for a bus a few times. We will definitely return to the skyliner resorts in the future.

Thanks. They didn't mention a 2 year ticket credit, but I guess that's ok. Sounds like we'll get the room only direct credit. It's all fine, we chose to leave even before knowing if we could get anything back.

I'll say this -- it was fantastic to ride the skyliner on our final day and avoid the buses. It just happened to be that we were planning a DHS morning and Epcot evening. The buses seemed slow and were definitely crowded and we got to the parks via skyliner in the same amount of time that we waited for a bus a few times. We will definitely return to the skyliner resorts in the future.

I really wanted to take the skyliner, we ran out of time. We were staying at ASM so i was going to take our free day to ride it , go to disney springs play some mini golf.. none happened. I think this fall im going to stay at one of the skyliner resorts.

So sorry to everybody who has been affected by this unprecedented COVID-19 event - we finished up our trip last Friday and flew back to Texas Saturday. Still hard to believe the parks completely closed down 48 hours after our last day in them.

I will say this for those of you rescheduling and possibly considering other resort options:

Skyliner is a complete game changer for my family.

It will be very hard for us to not stay at CBR again or any other resort with access to it.

6-8 minute rides to HS, 10-12 minute rides to EP will spoil you quickly. A good example of just how convenient Skyliner makes traveling to those parks is last Tuesday we took a much needed midday nap and overslept a bit. We didn’t even leave our CBR Aruba room until 30 minutes already into our 5pm Soarin’ FP window. Without running, we still made that FP with 8 minutes to spare not even counting the grace period.

Skyliner also made us much more inclined to actually take those mid day breaks instead of powering through the lull (and usually regretting it later) since doing so was SO much easier overall and not such a time draining pain.

Anyhow, this is likely the last thing on everybody’s mind currently but I’m hopeful this info proves helpful whenever your WDW trip does occur.

Best of luck to everybody - stay safe and healthy.

If it’s possible to expound ... (and I understand if you can’t) but is this info given from the health department? General information you’ve read?

If it’s possible to expound ... (and I understand if you can’t) but is this info given from the health department? General information you’ve read?

Im trying to add it its from the State of Kansas health website. Anyone visited Florida the week prior to March 15th... 2 week quarantine. You have to copy the link cant click on it.

https://khap2.kdhe.state.ks.us/NewsRelease/PDFs/3-18-20Quarantine mandate FINAL.pdf

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200318-191630_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200318-191630_Drive.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thank you. We are not in KS but clearly were there that week. (Edit: but we left at 9am on the 14th)

I’m actually self isolating as a WFH and haven’t been out since a brief grocery run on Sunday morning, but my spouse must go to work.

Last edited:
Thank you. We are not in KS but clearly were there that week. (Edit: but we left at 9am on the 14th)

I’m actually self isolating as a WFH and haven’t been out since a brief grocery run on Sunday morning, but my spouse must go to work.
My husbands company sent him home today with this note, might want to check your state health department. I would think they are simular.... it was updated today with Florida

We were in FL from 2/14-2/16, 2/23, and then I was back 3/12-3/16. We're all self-quarantine because with school cancelled there's no reason to leave the house, but haven't heard anything like that.

My husbands company sent him home today with this note, might want to check your state health department. I would think they are simular.... it was updated today with Florida

I check our state HHS website each morning and unless they are hiding it somewhere, I haven't seen anything about quarantine based on where you've been (other than the international ones inherited from the Fed gov). On your screen shot (thanks again) it says in those states on or after 3/15. We left on 3/14. The next bullet point talks about being on certain counties in Colorado before 3/15. I'm not sure how one location has a "before" and another an "after" since no places are showing a decline in cases at this point. Much like WDW keeping parks open 3 additional days after their announcement, some things just seem arbitrary.

I really wish that we could both just stay home for 14 days but my spouse's employer is operating like nothing is different (in their line of work they are actually a little busier and I presume they could get by saying they were "essential" even if our state moved to "essential workers only" able to leave home). So for us, it's going to be a never ending potential exposure unfortunately.

Best to everyone!

I check our state HHS website each morning and unless they are hiding it somewhere, I haven't seen anything about quarantine based on where you've been (other than the international ones inherited from the Fed gov). On your screen shot (thanks again) it says in those states on or after 3/15. We left on 3/14. The next bullet point talks about being on certain counties in Colorado before 3/15. I'm not sure how one location has a "before" and another an "after" since no places are showing a decline in cases at this point. Much like WDW keeping parks open 3 additional days after their announcement, some things just seem arbitrary.

I really wish that we could both just stay home for 14 days but my spouse's employer is operating like nothing is different (in their line of work they are actually a little busier and I presume they could get by saying they were "essential" even if our state moved to "essential workers only" able to leave home). So for us, it's going to be a never ending potential exposure unfortunately.

Best to everyone!
My husbands job was doing the same, they acted like they were tired of staff asking.... i was thankful when this came out. It really is stressful thinking of all the people that my DH delt with everyday. But he works in the car service business and its an essential business. Every state is on a diffrent page.

I was thinking about the resort and how many crusie line busses roll by. That should have been enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter