March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

The calendar is out through March 9th currently online (it's weird the app calendar only has hours through the 7th and so far Indy is not listed as being down. Here's hoping it stays that way through most of the month for everyone!

March 14 - 19 for our family of 4, staying at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance.

Just found out that DH may have a big meeting at work he can't miss, but we already decided we'd go without him if that's the case. He's not super sad, because he's one of those grumpy old men visitors anyway, lol!

This will be our 4th family visit over the years. My kids are teens now, so I'm not really sure if I'll have any success getting them up for rope drop! They're not SW fans, so even a chance to ride ROTR may not work!

Last edited:
Alright, everyone has been updated to this point. Please let me know if I missed you.

Regarding Indy, I'm going to go out on a wild hare and predict that it will not close until HM reopens. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm going to place my wager on June 1, after the Memorial Day holiday has passed.

March 14 - 19 for our family of 4, staying at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance.

Just found out that DH may have a big meeting at work he can't miss, but we already decided we'd go without him if that's the case. He's not super sad, because he's one of those grumpy old men visitors anyway, lol!

This will be our 4th family visit over the years. My kids are teens now, so I'm not really sure if I'll success getting them up for rope drop! They're not SW fans, so even a chance to ride ROTR may not work!
Good luck getting them up. My teen will rope drop, but requires an afternoon break/nap before returning to the parks for dinner and fun.

Add us to the list. We are coming down for spring break to look at some universities for Dd (she is a sophomore) and are tacking on a quickie trip. I know it will be nuts... we are used to Halloweentime crazy, but spring break crazy will be new.

We arrive 3/26 in the evening from being up in the Burbank area, staying at BWPPI this time, which is new. I am toying with going into garden walk or DTD for dinner and then going to bed early, so we can make rope drop.

Fri 3/27 we are in the parks all day, want to rope drop DL, and if they are still doing boarding passes for Rise, go for those. We have WOC dessert party ressies... we did F! our last 3? trips, and miss WOC. I am thinking DCA will shut at 10 and DL at 12, so we will likely hop after WOC and ride a couple more rides.

Sat 3/28 we will rope drop again, but only have until like 4:30 pm in the parks before we have to head to the airport.

Can’t wait! :banana:

Last night, I bought 3 out of the 4 park tickets we need! And paid for DL parking, too. That was convenient. All I have to do at the Toy Story lot is show them the parking ticket bar code.

A few years ago when we last parked in the Toy Story lot, at that time, the lot opened 1 hour before regular park opening and it was only Mickey & Friends that opened 90 min beforehand. Now Toy Story also opens 90 min beforehand. Just thought I'd mention that here in case anybody will be driving in....OR if you're staying at a hotel near the Toy Story lot and you plan on using the buses to get to the main gate.

Hmmm , this one is one I have not heard of -
Just saw on the Disneyland Schedule that Jessies Critter Carousel will be closing for refurb starting on Monday , February 24th .
Not sure, but guessing this will be going into March for the refurb ? Unless its only going to be a few days, it will be closed for at least a little while in March ?
Anyway, thats both carousels or "merry go rounds" closed at the same time ! One in each park .
i just realized this too! :( my 2 yo daughter will be so sad! She loves the carousel best!

I've been checking the schedule daily, my first day should be up today but they are behind again. I am just really bummed both carousels are probably going to be down for our trip. My daughter absolutely loves carousels.
mine too! I’m so bummed! I knew the one in DL would be closed, but she loved the critter carousel so I figured it would be a nice consolation for her. But now she won’t get either! :(

Bummed, no Carousels or Haunted Mansion for us :(.

We will be going for a long weekend though Leap year into March 2. Staying at Candy Cane Inn and activating our new flexpasses!!

What is:

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? soak in Main
street and being in Disneyland with my family.
We are celebrating our 2 yo daughter’s adoption!!! Just going to let our toddlers lead the way! ❤️🎁🎉💖

2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? I’m low carb normally, but don’t follow it in DL. That Nutter churro sounds delicious and the raspberry Mickey macaron will be a temptation. We all love Pooh’s corner!

3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? RoTR, if we can get there early enough and get a boarding pass. With no carousels, probably Dumbo and Pirates, and RSR!

4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? Matterhorn, autopia and teacups.

5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? I love Chip and Dale, but would love to see Beast and Belle-my 3 yo is obsessed with them!

i just realized this too! :( my 2 yo daughter will be so sad! She loves the carousel best!

mine too! I’m so bummed! I knew the one in DL would be closed, but she loved the critter carousel so I figured it would be a nice consolation for her. But now she won’t get either! :(

Bummed, no Carousels or Haunted Mansion for us :(.
Jessie's Critter Carrousel will be open in March! I can't remember the exact day, but it reopens sometime near the end of February.

March 17-21. Doing a split stay with holiday inn and VGC! Crossing fingers Indian jones will be open. Also going to Monterey and sF for the first time .

Newest “rumor” for us March peeps .............

Soaring over CALIFORNIA is rumored to be brought back in for a limited time engagement starting February 28 . Run time is supposedly due to end sometime in April .

Big win for us, as we hate the new Soarin around the World , but love the original Soarin over California !!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter