March Wish Challenge Let it Go or some of us are sick of snow

I guess there is conflict going on. I feel i should be able to enjoy just one. Yet I want it to be easy for me, and trying to enjoy just one makes it harder. I guess there is element that I perhaps don't want to commit really long term, or feel uncertain that I can.

:(
And I love summer food, and summers are easier for me.

I am the same way. If I don't start eating junk, I don't have problems. If I have one cupcake the whole day is lost on binge eating sugary stuff afterwards, like yesterday. I went to an animal shelter where they had a bake sale and had vegan cupcakes and my brain always goes "oh, there's actually a vegan option?? You HAVE to try it so you don't miss your chance!" then spent all day eating ice cream afterwards.

Looks like everyone is on Easter break already!! I am really happy that this week and next week are both four day weeks for me with a four day weekend in the middle. Good Friday and Easter Monday are public holidays here. I really need that mini break!

The weekend was amazing, we finally had temperatures in the 50s (12 degrees for the other European!) and it was brilliant sunshine. It felt so wonderfully! On Sunday morning I went for a nice long run and feel that I am finally getting back into running with three runs in a row. I lost quite a bit of speed and stamina, but that's ok. The most important thing right now is to get back into the routine.

On Saturday I had a nasty fall while walking through town. I was walking down a cobble stone hill and suddenly slipped. My left foot had landed on a piece of plastic that started to move downhill as soon as I had stepped on it. So I ended up doing a very involuntary lunge. Of course my right knee hit the pavement and now has a nasty bruise. And I pulled the thigh muscle in my left leg. But I think my general base fitness helped me prevent worse things. As soon as my foot started slipping, my knee locked and I was even able to prevent the worst impact with the knee by holding the left leg to control the downward movement. My sister said that when she watched me go down, she thought they would have to call an ambulance as it did not look like I was able to walk afterwards. But I was able to get up and walk more around town afterwards without issues (well, some minor pain was around, but only slightly!). This was a good reminder how important general fitness is for preventing injuries! If your body knows how to move, it is far better suited to react correctly in bad situations!
Ouch! I hope you are still feeling OK. I totally agree with the importance of general fitness... when I fell last fall I had a hard time getting back up, partly from the shock of it and partly from the total lack of vertical power in my legs.

Monday check-in: in many ways it was a very successful weekend, as I did the things I had committed to doing.

I was in a weekend FitBit challenge and Saturday morning was directly competing with a gal in Connecticut - we were both walking and syncing every 5 to 10 minutes to see who was ahead. This was a huge help for me and I ended up doing 16,000 steps Saturday and 10,000 Sunday, so the 100 mile goal is in reach. I listened to the rest of the pod casts for week two of the clearing/shifting course, and I thought about things all weekend: some uncomfortable stuff started to come up, so that tells me I'm poking around in the right spots.

There's a gal I follow on IG who is a huge smoothie believer and she's started a seven day drink-a-green-smoothie-a-day challenge for this week, so I've joined in. Yesterday I filled my grocery basket with greens (some I've never eaten before) and then I actually prepped everything, putting together baggies of everything that needs to go in to the blender. Last night I made the first one and it was OK, just tasted very green. I've been thinking one of my goals for April will be to focus on getting the recommended servings of fruits and veggies, and smoothies are pretty much the only way I'm going to get there, so this is going to be good practice.

So the successful part of the weekend was: getting in my steps, working on my class, and prepping food. The unsuccessful part was that I ate sugar pretty much all weekend. So again, I'm working at cross-purposes with myself and self sabotaging... grrrr.... I need to get this under control. And no big surprise, the sugar showed on the scale this morning and I've put back on the 2 pounds that I had lost. I'm going to buckle down this week and see if I can get the pounds off again, so I'll have at least a few against my -6 goal for the month.

I am off work for 12 days! This includes weekends and Ester, but still will try to make most of the time. Do daily walk on the beach, meet few friends, daily yoga, eat healthy and restore, have a spa day

I was thinking about the negative thought patterns. Last week I tracked for full week, I walked and I did yoga. I cooked and ate well. I stayed in balance all day but one - Friday. There is Italian team in my work and they had bake sale. I bough piece of cake and some for the team and for my family - it was really good and I enjoyed it. I had it about 11 am, before lunch time. I found myself battle with should I shouldn't I eat it all day. I guess if I have to be honest easy maintenance happen to me only if I don't eat high sugar desserts. My lunch was bigger, my dinner was bigger. I didn't have second piece of cake. I walked a lot to have high burn. My hunger increases when I eat dessert and 11 am is not my time for cake! I spend the day unsatisfied and between 300 and 600 calories over my burn - depending on estimating the piece of cake.

I guess there is conflict going on. I feel i should be able to enjoy just one. Yet I want it to be easy for me, and trying to enjoy just one makes it harder. I guess there is element that I perhaps don't want to commit really long term, or feel uncertain that I can.

:(
And I love summer food, and summers are easier for me.
I hear you... this is me to a T.

Flossbolna: owie! glad you were so fit that you could get up and keep moving!

My Tuesday, Thursday gym class instructor is always on us about just being able to move for real life. Can you lift the bag of dog food? If you drop something can you bend down and get it? Of course, we get accolades for being up well before the sun and just moving! Moving was made very clear to me today at my mother in-law's brother's funeral. He was 98. My father in-law (90) was using his walker. He was slow, but he was up and about! It's the most we've seen him up in a long, long time.

Eating was terrible. Well, rather, it was delicious. Tomorrow I am back on track. I did get my steps in, so there's the plus!

Me too @Flossbolna! I am off for the full week and I am trying to focus on my health & well-being. I am so sorry about your fall, I hope it recovers quickly!

I did gravity Pilates for first time ever yesterday. I am shocked how hard it is!

I am all set to make April serious weight loss month. My WDW vacation is approaching (June/July) and I want to look good in my magic photos. I intent to skip all chocolate around Easter. I am bit fed up trying to make it work for me - perhaps I am better without

Flossbolna: owie! glad you were so fit that you could get up and keep moving!

My Tuesday, Thursday gym class instructor is always on us about just being able to move for real life. Can you lift the bag of dog food? If you drop something can you bend down and get it? Of course, we get accolades for being up well before the sun and just moving! Moving was made very clear to me today at my mother in-law's brother's funeral. He was 98. My father in-law (90) was using his walker. He was slow, but he was up and about! It's the most we've seen him up in a long, long time.

Eating was terrible. Well, rather, it was delicious. Tomorrow I am back on track. I did get my steps in, so there's the plus!

I am sorry for your loss

Kind of a side note but I am really stressing over our next trip to WDW

For example, day 1 after arrival. We arrive at MCO late, meaning we will be at SSR about 9. Initially I had only 14 day tickets (entirely European problem, I know 14 days is insane long vacation for most Americans!). I had lazy morning and early dinner at Ohana. I upgraded the tickets to 21 days, meaning we can go to park. Jet Lag means we will be up very early in the morning. We will head to MK. However being June it's likely to be very hot and having ADR at 3:30 means we need to stay, no time for break.

Should I cancel Ohana? I can't find alternative time, even on another day but I have second ADR later. What can we do the get away form the sun? What should we do for brunch type of meal (10ish, as we will be hungry by this time).

Just had a look at the weather forecast for the day. We had one good day @Flossbolna and we are back to 7/9 degrees today. Not fun, I am so over cold weather!

Last edited:
Should I cancel Ohana? I can't find alternative time, even on another day but I have second ADR later. What can we do the get away form the sun? What should we do for brunch type of meal (10ish, as we will be hungry by this time).

YES!! I think your plan to go the park early, make use of the cooler morning hours because jet lag works to your advantage, makes a lot of sense!

How much in love with Ohana is your family? To me doing it once would be totally ok during a trip. I think it is good, but not spectacular. And I try to avoid all you can eat meals anyway...

But you could always use the Touringplans reservation finde to try to grab another Ohana reservation: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder They will alert you when there is availability and you have to be quick. But I was able to get some ADRs which I thought we would not have any chance for on our last trip with it.

We would often do an early counter service lunch on those jet lag days. Be there when Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House opens at 11am. Otherwise your options are limited (unless you get a Chrystal Palace ADR, maybe through the Touringplans reservation finder). Alternatively, you could consider a late breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe, the Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe? We had breakfast at Kona on our last trip and it was lovely!

And I would recommend lazy afternoon afterwards!!

When we can't get a break in we tend to do inside rides. The Hall of Presidents is great because it takes up a lot of time and you get to sit for it. We have been known to dose off in the show. You can also do Country Bears and Mickey's Philharmonic. I just remembers Carousal of Progress. These are all great spots to get out of the sun and heat and relax.

As for food, we eat breakfast at the resort counter service before heading to the parks and then maybe eat lunch about noon. We always have dinner around 5 or 6. Since you have your ADR for 3:30 I would eat before heading to the park and then have a snack around 11 or so. I hear the Cinnamon rolls at Gestons are huge and good. I haven't had one yet though.

My DH loves the country bears! WE love the cinnamon rolls. Agree - they are huge. We always get the dinning plan - meaning a lot of snacks credits to use.

Last edited:
@HappyGrape I'd go with what the others have said and cancel O'Hana and not make any other ADR's until day of, when you know how y'all are feeling... or go with counter service.

Daily check-in: This is officially day two of the green-drink-a-day challenge, but day three for me and I'm already feeling a difference... I feel better than I have since last fall: less achy, less congested, less puffy, less moody, less old. In just two days. This is a huge turn around for me, and has me very excited! I'm starting to feel like I will be able to achieve my healthy living goals after all.

I got 11,000 steps in yesterday and logged my food into FitBit the first time in a week or so.... this was the first time I used more calories that I took in. All in all, yesterday was a very good day.

What are your favourite QS, TS and snacks at WDW. Some could be healthy to keep it on topic lol >:()

QS:
Captain Cook's (Poly) -> healthy choice: very good Asian inspired salad
Columbia Harbor House (MK)
Pecos Bill (MK)
Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Satuli Canteen (AK) -> feels healthy, not sure if it is! The cheesecake dessert isn't but it is really good! Best CS dessert on property. We loved everything here
Geyser Point Grill (WL) -> portobello salad has lots of veggies and complex carbs (multigrain base)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Tangerine Cafe (Epcot) -> portions used to be very shareable to make a decent meal for two adults out of one platter
Boulangerie Pattisserie (Epcot) -> we often share a sandwich here as well as dessert in order to have a treat without being too bad about it
Mara (AKL)

TS:
I am spoiled, I have to admit that my favourite TS are mainly signature meals...
Jiko (AKL)
Boma (AKL)
Flying Fish (Boardwalk)
California Grill (Contemporary)
Artist Point (WL)
Sana (AKL)
Kona Cafe (Poly)
The Boathouse (Disney Springs)

Snacks:
most snacks at WDW don't impress me very much, the two CS desserts that could count as snacks are already mentioned. Otherwise, I often find the snacks far too large and my husband is not that keen on sharing often. However the one that is absolutely worth it is Amorette's Patisserie! Not only is a friend of us working there, but those pastries are truly amazing! They are still large enough to be shareable, but they are of an amazing high end quality that makes me feel that it is worth it to get something not so healthy.

Bonus:
my best dining tip for anyone liking waffles for breakfast: order a CS kid's waffle breakfast (if available at your hotel). You will get three small Mickey head waffles, I always ask for bacon and grapes as my sides and get a small orange juice.

More bonus;
Restaurants that I haven't eaten at, but want to try: Tiffin's, Morimoto Asia, Homecomin.

What are your favourite QS, TS and snacks at WDW. Some could be healthy to keep it on topic lol >:()

At MK for CS I love the fruit and Nutella Waffle at Sleepy Hallow, and the tuna-fish sandwich and the salmon at Columbia Harbor House. When I do want a burger, I head to Pecos Bill's, and then of course there's the Dole Whip at Aloha Isle... it's a serving of fruit, right?

At EPCOT I love Spice Road, a TS but I can always get in walk up as well. I always go for the Olive and Hummus plate with a gallon of Mint Iced Tea. Last trip I had Overnight Oats at Sunshine Seasons that were to die for, and they also have a Kale and Chicken Salad that's really good. I like the food at Teppan Edo, but the noise level is problematic. OMG... in reading Flossblona's list I totally left out Les Halles! I love the Brie and Apple Baguette sandwich warmed up - yum! Oh and the Refreshment Port serves Dole Whips with rum.

I rarely eat at HS, so can't think of anything to recommend there.

AK I love the BBQ Chicken Salad at Flame Tree and there are a number of interesting options at Harambe Market, oh and the bowls at Sautee Canteen are really good. I also enjoy Tiffins and Yak and Yeti.

I don't get to them every trip, but Flying Fish and Boma are favorites as well.

Last edited:
On Saturday I had a nasty fall while walking through town. I was walking down a cobble stone hill and suddenly slipped. My left foot had landed on a piece of plastic that started to move downhill as soon as I had stepped on it. So I ended up doing a very involuntary lunge. Of course my right knee hit the pavement and now has a nasty bruise. And I pulled the thigh muscle in my left leg. But I think my general base fitness helped me prevent worse things. As soon as my foot started slipping, my knee locked and I was even able to prevent the worst impact with the knee by holding the left leg to control the downward movement. My sister said that when she watched me go down, she thought they would have to call an ambulance as it did not look like I was able to walk afterwards. But I was able to get up and walk more around town afterwards without issues (well, some minor pain was around, but only slightly!). This was a good reminder how important general fitness is for preventing injuries! If your body knows how to move, it is far better suited to react correctly in bad situations!

Oh no! Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

If you haven't called them yet, you can try that. I have lots of luck by calling for hard to get reservations when I can't find what I'm looking for online-- I don't think they put all the availability on the website/app.

Checking in with myself: So after 2 weeks semi-off the rails (and a 3 lb gain that I haven't wanted to admit to myself), I am seeing the trend going back in the right direction. I upped my gym time a little to help with those pesky unwanted pounds. And now DH is getting on his own little health kick. He and I are planning an evening walk together on days I don't go to the gym and a beach walk once a week. The beach walk is before work at the crack of dawn, so we will see if I actually wish to continue that on a regular basis, but I will humor him this week to start out Haha!

Excited to start physical therapy today-- I found out my shoulder blades aren't moving correctly hence the pain. Nothing crazy, but I do need to do the physical therapy to prevent loss of range of motion. Honestly, I am happy that I am on the road to less pain however long that road may be.

Healthier meals are prepped and planned for the week. So all in all I remain optimistic for the next few days to at least get back to where I was two weeks ago by the end of the week. I just have to keep telling myself -- "no going off plan!" and I will be just fine!

We always get the dining plan too. I don't have a favorite QS as we usually eat what ever is close and has a chicken sandwich or a hamburger. I am a picky eater. I do like Flame Tree at AK. For table serves we like Liberty Tree Tavern, BOG at MK, Teppen Edo and Akurshus in EPCOT, and no real favorite at the other two parks. We do like TRATTORIA AL FORNO at the Boardwalk. For snacks we tend to find icees or ice cream to eat because it is too hot.

my best dining tip for anyone liking waffles for breakfast: order a CS kid's waffle breakfast (if available at your hotel). You will get three small Mickey head waffles, I always ask for bacon and grapes as my sides and get a small orange juice.

This is what I do. except the 3 waffles are enough for me. I am not a breakfast eater. At WDW I eat in the morning because I know I need to.

YES!! I think your plan to go the park early, make use of the cooler morning hours because jet lag works to your advantage, makes a lot of sense!

How much in love with Ohana is your family? To me doing it once would be totally ok during a trip. I think it is good, but not spectacular. And I try to avoid all you can eat meals anyway...

But you could always use the Touringplans reservation finde to try to grab another Ohana reservation: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder They will alert you when there is availability and you have to be quick. But I was able to get some ADRs which I thought we would not have any chance for on our last trip with it.

We would often do an early counter service lunch on those jet lag days. Be there when Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House opens at 11am. Otherwise your options are limited (unless you get a Chrystal Palace ADR, maybe through the Touringplans reservation finder). Alternatively, you could consider a late breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe, the Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe? We had breakfast at Kona on our last trip and it was lovely!

And I would recommend lazy afternoon afterwards!!

Would you believe that I can get Cinderella Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen and few more that are available still! I think the sensible thing to do is cancel the ADR and not commit to any, or book lunch. Thanks for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!