Our Family Video's from our Mardi Gras and June 2017 trips

Cajun_country

Mouseketeer

I'm not a great writer, but I enjoy coming here to read reports. Anyways, I wanted to share some of the videos that my husband has put together of our Disney Vacations. He makes me so proud with how he tries to sync the videos to the music. I think he does a pretty great job for a regular joe:love: Most of the time, our video shows just about everything we do. I think I had so much footage for Mardi Gras this year, though, that he could actually make another video. He left out Hoop Dee Doo Review, so we may have to make a second shorter video, or remove the pieces with me in it, to add that. :P
Our children love to watch these videos over and over. I don't like to see myself in the videos but my husband always manages to put me in them.

For each Disney trip we normally make a video with a kinda current/popular song, and I also make a photobook using Shutterfly. Usually, in my photobooks, I try my best to organize the photos, but they aren't always documented in order of happening but I try to put an itinerary on the first page. I have yet to finish a book from this year :rolleyes1
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZOGrhi3Yt2bICA
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9AcMmbdy5bMg0

This year, we opted to get an annual pass:mickeyjum It was kinda a last minute decision for our first trip of 2017. I had hoped we would go to Disney for Mardi Gras this year, and made a couple of reservations about 6 months prior to Mardi Gras but I was convinced I was going to have to cancel them. After looking at calendar, and how Mardi Gras fell this year and next, we were convinced that we'd be able to get at least 2 trips in within the year, that would allow the passes to pay for themselves. Since we waited late to order the passes, most onsite rooms that we could afford were booked, so we stayed off site at the Best Western that is on Disney Property. We always get the the photopass, so I love the annual pass included with the photo pass. I don't think the annual pass is something we will do every year, but this was the perfect year we felt, with the age of our children, and how our holiday's fall for Mardi Gras. We prefer driving to the parks and riding trams vs the buses at resorts, with exception of Magic Kingdom.
We actually took a summer trip this year (6/5-6/11)as well to Disney, so our passes have already paid for themselves. Now we are trying to figure out a song to use for our most recent trip. We are considering doing the upbeat version "How Far I'll Go" from Moana...but I just don't think the song really fits.

Whenever my husband finishes our next video, for our Summer trip, I'll try to add it here as well. My husband and I use Google Photos, to share our videos & photos, and we always empty and clean out our phones before we leave for a trip. There are things I want to edit in these videos, but they are good enough for now. (Like I know I have better firework videos, and I don't like how my daughter keeps pulling at her pants in one of the videos. I also want him to take me out of them, lol.) I'd like to encourage more people to take videos. They don't have to be long, just a few seconds here and there. And not just of Disney, every day little things too:dogdance:

Last edited:
Here is a link to our latest trip in June. My husband makes the videos & I think he does a wonderful job. There are a couple of things that he wants to edit, and he told me last night, that videos I took with my actual camera were very shaky when I used it to zoom in....So now I know for our next trip I will work on not zooming in so much or being zoomed in before I hit record. We primarily both use our iPhones and upload them in an album on Googles Photo. We couldn't really think of any upbeat songs we liked. For our Disney video's we've been trying to put a "current" song that is upbeat, so when kids get older, it can kinda be another memory of the past, and a reflection of time. So for our last video, we used the Troll's theme song which our kids love. For this one, we used two songs from Moana. The words don't really go with the vacation, I suppose, but the kids love Moana. My husband had a hard time he said getting into making this video because of the songs. We were in the parks for 5 days and one evening (arrival day). On arrival day we used it as a time to see Pandora lit up at night. Now I realize that is not in the video. My husband really didn't want to go to the parks after being in the car for so long, and wanted to relax, but I think in the end he was glad we went and saw it at night. Our next day we also spent in Animal Kingdom as well, but the first night we were able to see River of Lights, and see Pandora Land at Night. We never see Animal Kingdom as a half a day park. Kinda sad we didn't get to go back for part of another day. I almost want to skip Hollywood Studios, because we tend to go to the same shows and our kids won't or can't ride the big rides. I might work on another video, using photos I snapped too. I know we take a ton of photos and videos, but my kids love rewatching them, as do I.

Thanks Kimmy! I started looking on youtube of some other families in Disney, and i'm jealous of their video qualities. But they've given me inspiration :) I love snapping photos, but now i'm trying to get in habit of taking more videos:teeth: Apparently, I didn't share all my videos with hubby, and my son requested he make a video with music from Stitch movie. So he made another one and has enough video's to possibly make another video or edit old ones to put other stuff in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!