Mardi Gras Questions!

lsayd

Mouseketeer
We'll be there on 2/8 - any idea how crowded the first night generally is? Also - how does one acquire beads? What is this all about? Their website really doesn't give much info. How late does the park stay open for the festivities? Thanks for the help!!!

This will be our 1st time on opening nite also, so not sure if will be crowded. More than likely it will.
You just stand along the parade route & 15 Mardi Gras floats pass by with riders tossing out strings of beads. Of course, the more active you are (dancin' & hollerin'), the more likely the riders will throw them your way!
Parade takes 30 - 45 mins. The park rides won't be running when parade starts, I don't think anyway. On Sat. nites a concert will begin shortly after parade ends.
You might want to join the Dis group there. Should be about 15-20 of us. Look for the Meet thread on this board.
Hope this helps!
Jim

You can also purchase beads at Pat Obriens, margaritaville has a great new strand of beads, and inside Universal itself..special hats, beads, masks, the works...you won't have any trouble finding beads!

Bead catching hint: do not stand next to tall guy in spiderman shirt. :D

Bead catching hint: do not stand next to tall guy in spiderman shirt.

Great...NOW where will I stand??? ;)

I figure...what the heck are YOU going to do with them all!?!?!
:D :D :D

Besides...they're for Thing 1 and Thing 2, of course! ;)

Karen

My DH is 6'4". I am going to have him wear a spiderman shirt. We will get all of the beads!!!!!:D

6'4"?? I'm 5'4"!!! I'm going to have to put springs on the bottom of my feet!

Mmmm, maybe if I wear a Pamela Sue Anderson shirt!:D

Sounds like it should be fun - I am only 5'1", but mt husband is 6'0" - so maybe we'll be lucky - they would come home to our Things 3 & 4 (1 & 2 would probably pass as they are "too cool" teens).

Originally posted by nhrenee
6'4"?? I'm 5'4"!!! I'm going to have to put springs on the bottom of my feet!

Mmmm, maybe if I wear a Pamela Sue Anderson shirt!:D

I believe you may have a plan there nhrenee.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter