Margaritaville resort Orlando-any information?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I read this boards quite a bit, but haven't seen info. on this new resort opening-I went to their website, looks really nice,, we were looking for a place to stay before we check into our Disney hotel-love the tropical looks of it (my favorite theme!). Anyone hear much about the resort-the room prices for the end of August are around $200 a night, and they do offer suites-looks really nice, any thoughts??
Thank you!

Margaritaville is bounded by the 429 (toll roadway) and we watched the progress over the last few years. It’s massive and looks really nice!

The Margaritaville restaurants have a nice, laidback vibe to them - I’m sure the same is reflected at the Resort.

You can use the 429 to enter the backway to MK if necessary. Otherwise, head down the 192 to Sherberth.

Thank you! How do you think that area is if we want to head over to seaworld?

It’s really quite far from Sea World.

For $200/night, you may want to check Marriott timeshare properties that are close to SW. We like Cypress Harbour and for a little less per night: Harbour Lakes and Grande Vista.

ok, thanks. We've stayed at the Marriott properties, and love them-we were looking to try something new this summer, so I guess we'll have to take that into consideration-we'd like to do SeaWorld, and also spend some time at Disney springs before checking into our Disney hotel. I know Disney springs and SeaWorld aren't near each other either. Appreciate your feedback!

Sheraton Vistana Villages and Floridays are about halfway between Disney Springs and SeaWorld. Also very close to a Publix and Premium Outlets.

What I find interesting about the new resort is how they are hyping up the water park. Unfortunately the water park is not part of Margaritaville and if you want to use it, you will have to pay extra. They only amenities offered if you're staying at the hotel is the restaurants and the lagoon pool which is just a pool with sand around it. The last phase of the constructions will be a second pool with a swim up bar. Knowing that makes $200/night for a hotel room there seems a bit steep.

Interesting, I want to wait to see actual pictures and reviews before I would book anything.

It really isn’t done yet. They are building a whole restaurant and nightclub area and water park. It WILL be awesome but not yet !! There are also small homes for rent on the property for not much more. Cutest bungalows ever. Check for those home rentals too. It’s much better than renting at the main hotel.
I’ll be down there in a few days. I’ll take pics of the progress and post.

Ok as promised I am here now and toured it. Wow they got a lot done since November. The official Grand Opening is on Jan 23rd. The water park will be done in the spring. This is going to be THE vacation destination in Orlando. Serious Wow factors to come. But still very much a construction zone. I wouldn’t even think about staying here until late spring. But man oh man it’s going to be amazing.
The Sunset Walk at the enterence is like a smaller City Walk. Tons of restaurants and bars will be opening.

I took tons of pics but when I try to upload them it says the file is too big.

I took tons of pics but when I try to upload them it says the file is too big.
That happens to me off of my iPhone.

I email photos to myself in a reduced size and then Copy them into a new post. I prefer to do it that way instead of using an app.

Thanks for reporting on Margaritaville!

We go to the one in Hollywood Beach pretty regularly. Without fail, the service is dismal and dining and drinking is expensive. Even for South Florida, it is expensive.

Gorgeous place but take lots of $$$$.

MARKING! Can't wait to see photos. We live over in tampa and can't wait to stay here!

I have stayed in the Hollywood location and it is an absolute dream!! The Orlando resort will be the new keynote resort and I am ecstatic to stay there! I 10/10 recommend staying in this paradise.

I’m wondering if anyone’s actually been over there now that it’s open?? Thinking about trying one of the restaurants, it seems really close to Animal Kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter