Margaritaville Resort Orlando

I have not. But I'd be interested in comments from those who have.
I saw a youtube video of it and it looks amazing!
We are gonna stop by in March when in Orlando to take a closer look.

I believe that I saw the same video. The hotel looks very nice but the cottages weren't so appealing to me. Very cramped. I looked up the pricing online. Some of the five bedroom cottages are renting for $1000 per night. Yikes! I considered maybe moving our December stay from Windsor Hills to Margaritaville but not at that price.

I was interested but after reading that they opened with so much stuff unfinished and were charging full rates and fees, no thanks.
And yeah those cottage prices are nuts imho.

We had booked 1 night there for April before our cruise but after reading reviews from people who have stayed there, I cancelled and booked Coronado Springs instead. Almost everyone said the resort will be awesome once it's fully finished. They kept pushing back the grand opening and I called several times asking if the waterpark would be completed but they still don't have any info. on it which leads me to believe it wouldn't be open in April. One person said they wouldn't book there until at least the summer if that gives you any indication of how much still needs to be completed.

Just an FYI.. The water park is not part of Margaritaville. It is a privately owned facility that will be charging for entrance. It's just out front along 192. Last we saw, it looked a long way from ready.

I just got back from a 3 day stay there and all I can say is AMAZING!! The rooms are gorgeous, the grounds are beautiful and tropical. The staff are so nice and accommodating, no request was too big, they were over the top nice and friendly in a good way. Yes, they are still under construction but the pool area is incredible, the loungers are padded and so comfortable and they each have their own little shade that can be put up (Lilly white girl from Canada here... not used to the sun, lol). We ate at 2 of their restaurants and the food was fantastic but $$, portions are big enough to share though which is what we did. They are building an even larger tiki style, swimup bar pool right now, that will have another dining option and live entertainment venue. The sunset walk is still very much under construction but is going to be amazing when it's done.. I think the dine in movie theatre is close to opening as well as a couple of other restaurants. The water park is going to be amazing and unlike any other in they way they are making it interactive with wristbands, you can customize the rides to play your favourite music, whatever colours you want to see and post pictures to social media. With regards to proximity to Disney, you can see Animal Kingdom Lodge from the resort. They also offer free shuttles to the parks. We even met Tim Tracker and saw Jimmy Buffet and heard him play a little mini concert!! I can't say enough good things about this place and it isn't even done yet! I will try to upload some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_8289.jpg
    IMG_8289.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8290.jpg
    IMG_8290.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8292.jpg
    IMG_8292.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_8293.jpg
    IMG_8293.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8297.jpg
    IMG_8297.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_8326.jpg
    IMG_8326.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8315.jpg
    IMG_8315.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_8313.jpg
    IMG_8313.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8298.jpg
    IMG_8298.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_8330.jpg
    IMG_8330.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 171
some more pics

Attachments

• IMG_8334.jpg
    IMG_8334.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8343.jpg
    IMG_8343.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8344.jpg
    IMG_8344.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8346.jpg
    IMG_8346.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8347.jpg
    IMG_8347.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8351.jpg
    IMG_8351.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8352.jpg
    IMG_8352.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8354.jpg
    IMG_8354.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8359.jpg
    IMG_8359.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_8440.jpg
    IMG_8440.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 107
I saw Tim Tracker's vlog. Since its so heavily marketed as private owner/time share I wonder if the employees are gonna be heavily pushing those options, especially as time goes on. Jimmy Buffett has been known to really like to make a buck or 2 whenever possible. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update. Does look beautiful but I'm glad I cancelled my April reservation. I think I'd much rather stay when everything is complete, esp Sunset Walk with all the shops/restaurants. I am on their email list and I did receive a code for 50% off my room which is tempting.

I like the look of the rooms. I see good prices for the first week of May. Would y’all chance it?

We closed on our cottage on the property at the end of the year. I was there last week and there definitely was construction around the second phase of cottages, but the area closest to the hotel looks great. However, the construction management seems to give very little notice as to when certain areas will be affected....we found out about paving about 24 hours before it happened! Many of the cottages (including mine) are renting for very reasonable prices (3 bdrm with pool for $219/night), most likely to get some traffic and visibility. Cottage renters get full use of all hotel amenities, too.

We closed on our cottage on the property at the end of the year. I was there last week and there definitely was construction around the second phase of cottages, but the area closest to the hotel looks great. However, the construction management seems to give very little notice as to when certain areas will be affected....we found out about paving about 24 hours before it happened! Many of the cottages (including mine) are renting for very reasonable prices (3 bdrm with pool for $219/night), most likely to get some traffic and visibility. Cottage renters get full use of all hotel amenities, too.

Can you tell me who manages the home? I know there was only a choice of one or two companies. We just had a horrible experience with Jeeves this spring break so want to stay away from them.

We closed on our cottage on the property at the end of the year. I was there last week and there definitely was construction around the second phase of cottages, but the area closest to the hotel looks great. However, the construction management seems to give very little notice as to when certain areas will be affected....we found out about paving about 24 hours before it happened! Many of the cottages (including mine) are renting for very reasonable prices (3 bdrm with pool for $219/night), most likely to get some traffic and visibility. Cottage renters get full use of all hotel amenities, too.[/QUOTE

If you don't mind my asking, did you use a realtor or do you purchase through them directly? We are headed down in May and I wanted to inquire about the cottages, but not sure of the best route.

Thanks much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!