Marriage proposal.....

JuneBugFL

Mouseketeer
I am going to be proposing to my girlfriend when we are in WDW in September. I have the Sip, Savor, Sparkle dinner booked and plan to do it either during or just after the fireworks. Happily Ever After is quite special to us. Anyone have any ideas on how others in the group and or cast members might react? Would we get the same kind of "just engaged" treatment that a straight couple would? Thanks!

I'm sure the cast members will be lovely. I can't say one way or another about other guests. But congrats in advance from me! :)

Make it the dream proposal you want - it's about you and your GF. Remember to get your button! And congrats!

I don’t know how others in the group might react... but I can tell you that if I was there, I would be delighted to witness a proposal and so excited for you! Congratulations!!! :rainbow:

Well as a straight person I would be telling you congratulations and wishing you both the best. So in advanced party:
Congratulations and have fun with all your planning your special day together as you start your life together as a married couple.
To be honest with the timing I would quietly talk with a cast member well before hand and see if they can help you arrange a photo pass photographer (I follow a former photo pass photographer on youtube who has shared many stories of photographing engagements both told in advanced as well as spontaneous ones) to capture the moment.

Please let us know how it goes and we want pictures.

let us know how it goes :)

i don’t think there’s a “standard” cast member reaction, but i bet you’ll get well wishes and support from people around you.

it’s a great idea to try and subtly mention it to a photo pass photographer. i’ve seen that done in front of the castle before, and i’m sure it’s nice to have the memory documented.

When you watch public proposals on youtube, you will see that generally people stop to look at you and will start clapping, cheering, or they just go 'awwwwwww' when the proposal is accepted and the couple is hugging and kissing.

And what you also usually see is that the couple usually completely gets caught in the moment and forgets there are other people around.

It would stun me if you didn't get exactly the reactions you are hoping for. My husband and I were there for our anniversary a couple years ago. It was our second wedding anniversary but we had actually been together for 20 years. When we were getting our pins they asked how long we had been together and without thinking I said twenty years and then my husband made the correction that we had only been married for two. The desk clerk asked us which number she should write and when we sort of dithered, she wrote 20 YEARS! with a Mickey head as the dot on the exclamation point under the Happy Anniversary message. We wore them all week and people were amazing! Photographers insisted we get closer, that we do kiss shots, characters were just over the moon. I'm pretty sure Goofy's friend in Epcot was a big 'ol queen. There was a ton of free cake and so many well wishes. I kind of expected that from cast members, but I was truly taken aback at how many other guests wanted to talk about it. Plus we had someone send over a bottle of champagne one night and someone picked up our tab at Nomad in AK.

Congratulations! I'm confident it will all be magical!

My aunt proposed to her girlfriend (now wife) at a character meal at Disneyland. Mickey got involved (tipped off ahead of time) and there was congratulations from all of the characters.
You can't ever know how the general public will react to anything - horrible people are everywhere - but as far as cast members go, they'll do what they can to make this as magical as you want it to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!