Marriott Habour Lakes... any recent stays?

Ntows

Earning My Ears
I have just booked MHL for our family (2 adults and 2 kids - 4yrs and 6yrs). I have mostly heard wonderful things about this resort but just wanted to ask if anyone has stayed there recently and can give an update review.

**I am a bit concerned because I have seen a coupld of posts mentioning that the buildings were run-down/not clean...

We want a relaxed atmosphere, convenient location. We will have a car so getting around isn't a problem. Would be nice to have onsite activities for the kids. (We would maybe do some park days but not as intensely as we have done in the past)

We have stayed before at Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-drive. It was nice enough but I am willing to try something else. I am open to any other recommendations... (must haves are two bed-room type accommodations, full kitchen, easy parking, nice swimming pools, clean, refurbished)

Marriott’s Cypress Harbour is across the road from Harbour Lakes. Cypress Harbour has been refurbishing their units and their furnishings are very contemporary and deluxe.

We had to book something quickly due to Irma knocking out power to my DD’s home... Harbour Lakes was also available but we looked at photos and property descriptions and went with Cypress Harbour. We enjoyed our stay!

Last edited:
We are currently at Cypress Harbour. The villas here a quite nice and lots of resort amenities. It's been our experience staying at Marriott vacation club resorts that even those due for a "refurbishment" are going to be nicer than than a new room at Disney. I'll post pics of this resort.
We stayed at Harbour lakes many years ago when it was new- there's resort activities and an awesome pirate ship pool. I wasn't thrilled with the villa as it felt small- probably the smallest feeling of all the properties we've stayed at (all of them except Lakeshore reserve-hope to stay here one day as well!).

Attachments

• IMG_5321.JPG
    IMG_5321.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5318.JPG
    IMG_5318.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5319.JPG
    IMG_5319.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5324.JPG
    IMG_5324.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5393.JPG
    IMG_5393.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 13

We are currently at Cypress Harbour. The villas here a quite nice and lots of resort amenities. It's been our experience staying at Marriott vacation club resorts that even those due for a "refurbishment" are going to be nicer than than a new room at Disney. I'll post pics of this resort.
We stayed at Harbour lakes many years ago when it was new- there's resort activities and an awesome pirate ship pool. I wasn't thrilled with the villa as it felt small- probably the smallest feeling of all the properties we've stayed at (all of them except Lakeshore reserve-hope to stay here one day as well!).
Thanks. And especially for the recent pics. Does Cypress Harbour have activities for kids/families?

And I love space. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages last time and loved the space and location. Didn’t really take advantage of the activities as we were mostly in the parks.

We last stayed at Harbour Lake in April 2016. We had a one-bedroom villa, and it was very newly renovated. We loved it! We have stayed at Harbour Lake 5-6 times over the years, and it was always one of my kids' favorites. It is a very fun and relaxing place, and your children are at great ages to enjoy many of the activities.

How bad/extensive was the ongoing construction next door?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts