Marriott's Cypress Harbour -Does It Have a Tropical Feel Like OKW?

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are going to OKW in May. I love the tropical feel after our rough Indiana winters. I also decided to book four days at Marriott's Cypress Harbour before we check in to OKW. I booked a Visa package with Marriott for 4 days at $676.00 that includes two one day passes to Disney. I have been wanting to try out this resort because of the great reviews it gets consistently on TUG and thought the 4 nights before OKW would be a good way to sample it.

Anyone stayed at Marriott's Cypress Harbour? The pictures I found on line looked very tropical and a little like OKW.

We stayed there for a long weekend a few years ago, after a week at BWV. We got a 2BR for like $175 total for three nights, plus we got 4 Sea World passes. We had to attend a timeshare presentation in return, but it was worth it.

Anyway, it was kind of like OKW, we thought. The rooms are at least as big, the atmosphere was OKW-like, and you could park in front of your unit. We liked that the villas had big screened-in decks. There were a couple of counter service joints on site (Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?) and that was pretty handy.

We enjoyed our stay.

littlestar said:
Hi all,

We are going to OKW in May. I love the tropical feel after our rough Indiana winters. I also decided to book four days at Marriott's Cypress Harbour before we check in to OKW. I booked a Visa package with Marriott for 4 days at $676.00 that includes two one day passes to Disney. I have been wanting to try out this resort because of the great reviews it gets consistently on TUG and thought the 4 nights before OKW would be a good way to sample it.

Anyone stayed at Marriott's Cypress Harbour? The pictures I found on line looked very tropical and a little like OKW.
I think it is similar in many ways, exception being location though it's near sea world. I think the units were a little more dated than OKW, more of a 70's feel on the motif. You should enjoy it. Was this a package that requires a timeshare tour?

Dean said:
I think it is similar in many ways, exception being location though it's near sea world. I think the units were a little more dated than OKW, more of a 70's feel on the motif. You should enjoy it. Was this a package that requires a timeshare tour?

Hi Dean,

The package requires you pay with a Visa. They asked me on the phone if I wanted to take a tour they would kick in something extra. But, I said we would make up our minds after we got there.

Also, from what I read, they are updating the rooms. They are putting in new granite countertops in the kitchens and new appliances, carpeting, etc. Hopefully by May we will have a chance of getting an updated unit.

Our May vacations are more of a laid-back, non commando type vacation. We like to hang around the resort and swim and watch old movies. With my parents and brothers and sisters having access to Interval's Getaways, I guess I really want to investigate this property as an alternative to Disney for our May vacations. If I can get something close to OKW in atmosphere with lots of room like OKW, then I think I would be happy (hopefully - I don't know, I'm died in the wool on-site most of the time - so I'll see if this pans out by doing this four night stay off property ;) )

My brothers and sisters LOVE Marriott's Grande Vista and I think the property is very nice. But, I really love an old Florida feel with flowers and palm trees and I thought the pictures I found of Marriott's Cypress Harbour had more of that feel. So we shall see! Here's a link I found with some pictures at the bottom under Photo Gallery of Cypress Harbour from somebody's June 2004 trip:

http://www.peg-soft.net/Cypress.html

I thought these pictures reminded me of OKW.

Thanks for the replies!

littlestar said:
Hi Dean,

The package requires you pay with a Visa. They asked me on the phone if I wanted to take a tour they would kick in something extra. But, I said we would make up our minds after we got there.

Also, from what I read, they are updating the rooms. They are putting in new granite countertops in the kitchens and new appliances, carpeting, etc. Hopefully by May we will have a chance of getting an updated unit.

Our May vacations are more of a laid-back, non commando type vacation. We like to hang around the resort and swim and watch old movies. With my parents and brothers and sisters having access to Interval's Getaways, I guess I really want to investigate this property as an alternative to Disney for our May vacations. If I can get something close to OKW in atmosphere with lots of room like OKW, then I think I would be happy (hopefully - I don't know, I'm died in the wool on-site most of the time - so I'll see if this pans out by doing this four night stay off property ;) )

My brothers and sisters LOVE Marriott's Grande Vista and I think the property is very nice. But, I really love an old Florida feel with flowers and palm trees and I thought the pictures I found of Marriott's Cypress Harbour had more of that feel. So we shall see! Here's a link I found with some pictures at the bottom under Photo Gallery of Cypress Harbour from somebody's June 2004 trip:

http://www.peg-soft.net/Cypress.html

I thought these pictures reminded me of OKW.

Thanks for the replies!
CH seems a lot like OKW in another way. It has it's loyal followers and seems to be more than the sum of it's parts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter